View Single Post
Old February 6, 2017, 08:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
Did I catch that last phrase right? So you were alluding that fans being impulsive happens to be the cause of the demise for the batsmen throwing their wickets? That is such a great analysis. Hey everyone let's all pack up and shut down the forum. Apparently, it's all our fault that the guys out there can't bat on a condition they have been accustomed to all their life.

If you're alluding that fans being irrational as a case microcosm for the batsmen's mentality, then I'm afraid you're wrong there as well. It's one thing for fans to be impulsive and it's another thing for paid professional to be this reckless.

It's quite reasonable to expect a near full strength team to perform reasonably and not get humiliated in a condition they are quite familiar with. Had this been in England, South Africa, NZ or even Australia then I would have given them the benefit of the doubt.
In the past, some of our players would give the excuse when they flopped match after match that fan expectation was too much.