facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old June 8, 2019, 12:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
we have mashrafee chosen for captaincy and "leadership" not for bowling.. this is the most pathetic selection ... no other country will allow these kinda sh*t. he doesn't belong in this world cup as a bowler.
Mash really should have retired after Champions Trophy 2017. He would have been remembered for leading the team into the semi finals of that tournament as well as the CWC15 quarter finals, ending his career on a high note.

Old June 8, 2019, 12:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Even though many of us are pointing at the negative aspects of today's bowling and fielding, no one is talking about the fact that Bangladeshi Bowlers successfully stopped English Batsmen from scoring 500 runs. England scored 481 against 5 times World champion Australia in last June, which specifically means Bangladeshi Bowlers gave 95 Runs less(not a small accomplishment).

So, this actually indicates the development of Bangladesh Cricket. Indeed, from my point of view, a great achievement and many others like the biased media and plastic cricketing fans of our country will agree with me( even though they don't have modest knowledge or brain about cricket or ability to understand it). Once again, Big Congratulations to Bangladeshi Bowlers to not let England score 500 and hopefully, we can win the World Cup with this exceptional Bowling.
Old June 8, 2019, 12:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
Mash really should have retired after Champions Trophy 2017. He would have been remembered for leading the team into the semi finals of that tournament as well as the CWC15 quarter finals, ending his career on a high note.
Don't blame the guy... It's not like everyone else bowling were hitting the helmet of the opposition.. he gambled but lost like he gambled and won against sa.. squids like mehdi, masadek, Marmadukela and miton are the culprits.. team selection was whack.. and dare I say "forgive me anik" litton and rubel should have been in the squad from the first game..
Old June 8, 2019, 12:35 PM
Test Cricketer

The toss didn't matter in the end at all. With this batting approach it would be difficult to make a contest on flat pitches. We can say the same thing about fielding.

Anyways, most people didn't expect to win against England for the same reason. Looking forward to the next matches.
Old June 8, 2019, 12:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

From CI-
Mashrafe hints that he might have preferred to bat first in hindsight. "320-330 could have been a different chase. But Shakib from the first match has played so well for us, batting at 3 and his bowling as well. Still six matches left, hopefully the other guys will step up. We have to win all those matches."

Who told mash not to bat?
Old June 8, 2019, 12:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: where do i start from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
From CI-
Mashrafe hints that he might have preferred to bat first in hindsight. "320-330 could have been a different chase. But Shakib from the first match has played so well for us, batting at 3 and his bowling as well. Still six matches left, hopefully the other guys will step up. We have to win all those matches."

Who told mash not to bat?
Team management!! Captain alone don't choose whether to bowl or bat.. others also have a say in it
Old June 8, 2019, 01:17 PM
Test Cricketer

when is the next match ?
Old June 8, 2019, 01:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

There has to be a change.... Liton and Rubel have to be considered.
Old June 8, 2019, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Need to bring back Rubel in place of Mithun.. our bowling lacks wicket taking bowlers. This way Mash and Rubel can share the 10-12 overs.
Old June 8, 2019, 02:46 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Mashrafe got the toss wrong, Mithun Chakraborty shouldn't play for BD again. What was the point of picking Rubel and Jayed in the squad when neither one of them can get in we needed an extra seamer on the pitch today.
Old June 8, 2019, 03:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
when is the next match ?
Tuesday vs Sri Lanka.
Old June 8, 2019, 03:55 PM
Cricket Legend

I’m so disappointed in this match. We have so many passengers in our team. We have fast bowlers who can’t bowl fast, we have spin bowlers who can’t spin the bowl. Firstly Tamims form is horrific. He is one of our best batsmen but he is becoming a big burden on us. Next Mithun, he is totally useless even when on song he can’t score higher than 40. MirAz is a good player but not on English pitches. Saifuddin is not fast enough. Mashrafe may be a great human and a fascinating leader but as a player he’s useless like a mans tit. Mustafizz has lost all fizz and is rapidly joining the ranks of Undakat and Balaji. But anyways BCB should encourage players to take performance enhance supplements. I’m sure the likes of Jason Roy and Martin Guptill take it. They are absolutely destructive
Old June 8, 2019, 04:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

I miss Chandika Hathurusingha there was a real buzz under his leadership and our fielding had improved by miles.
Old June 8, 2019, 05:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

^ But he was also a snake oil salesman. Promising how well he would prepare us for the WC, all the while knowing that it would be nothing special.

Just take a look at Sri Lanka, how poorly they fared vs Afghanistan. Chandimal not in for whatever bizarre reason, two ducks in a row for the great Angelo Matthews. This is what Hathurrurusingho does.
Old June 8, 2019, 05:43 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^ But he was also a snake oil salesman. Promising how well he would prepare us for the WC, all the while knowing that it would be nothing special.

Just take a look at Sri Lanka, how poorly they fared vs Afghanistan. Chandimal not in for whatever bizarre reason, two ducks in a row for the great Angelo Matthews. This is what Hathurrurusingho does.
It's a really poor Sri Lanka side possibly the worst side I've ever seen. Under Chandika our ODI record was fantastic.
Old June 8, 2019, 09:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Mash is a really big liability to the team as a player, any other professional sports team he would be dropped in favour of a fast bowler who can actually bowl fast. If he is only on the team for his captaincy, even that was abysmal yesterday.