PDA

View Full Version : 26 Feb 2003 - BAN vs NZ - WC2003 - ODI

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 02:47 AM
Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat first

Edited on, May 9, 2005, 12:56 PM GMT, by radicalsami.

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 02:51 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The weather looks pretty good, and the pitch is said to be an ideal for batting surface with that in mind, Bangladesh captain Khaled Mashud has chosen to
bat first after winning the toss there is a reported chance of thunderstorms later on, which will give the New Zealanders the jitters - they need full points from
this match - but at least by bowling first it gives them a chance to try and shorten the length of time on the field if they play rather well!

^CricInfo^

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 02:52 AM
Bangladesh team:
Hannan Sarkar, Akram Khan, Mohammad Ashraful, Habibul Bashar,
Sanwar Hossain, Alok Kapali, *+Khaled Mashud, Mohammad Rafique,
Tapash Baisya, Khaled Mahmud, Manjural Islam.

New Zealand team:
*SP Fleming, CD McMillan, MS Sinclair, SB Styris, CL Cairns,
+BB McCullum, JDP Oram, AR Adams, KD Mills, DL Vettori, SE Bond.

shahid
February 26, 2003, 02:53 AM
Read Posted on 27-2-2003 instead of 26-2-2003.

BD wins the match today by 2 runs. I have already started celebrating the victory.

Score:

BD 238 all out
NZ 236 all out.

Bd wins by 2 runs.

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 03:31 AM
Sarkar gone for 9 again same story is repeating and this will leave bangladesh to score not more than 150

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by ehsan]

James90
February 26, 2003, 03:34 AM
i can't reload after the Hannan dismissal

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 03:52 AM
holly ****......Sanwar gone for 5...didn't expect much from him....he proves to be incapable of scoring...he must be dropped in the next match with Kenya and better take Ehsan instead of him.

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 03:54 AM
Wt the hell bashar gone for a duck...get ready to face one more humiliating defeat....Ashraf needs some to stay with him man...

Orpheus
February 26, 2003, 04:02 AM
Looks like Ashraful found his position..... it's like India... Chinta nai .. Ekhono Tendulkar ase.....

I think Sanwar was brought up to 3 to help out Habibul... but very Sad tale... How many golden ducks is that for him??

Anyways, the future is playing right now.. If this partnership (ash & Kap) don't produce anything.. bd no future...

Sad thing for me is ....I am not enjoying the game. Atleast when I am watching at the club, I hear some hillarious comments!! But now I am following the text at cricinfo...not even audio commentaries... so a wicket loss seems painful!!! Damn school

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 04:15 AM
Today a Bangladeshi opener is playing a natural game. I am pleased to see young Ashraful in this form.

Expecting to see a Bangla half century today. Yes. Positively. Either Ashraful or Akram or someone else.

But a half century is on its way.
Oh yea

Orpheus
February 26, 2003, 04:15 AM
14.5 Oram to Mohammad Ashraful, one run, oh dear! a shocker from Cairns,
a fairly simple chance dropped, the trap it set at deep backward
square leg, Oram digs it in short, Ashraful hooks, skying it
straight out to him, running a few paces back, somehow fumbles it
and lets the batsman off

LIFE GIVEN - Dekhi ki kore

James90
February 26, 2003, 04:19 AM
Can you plz keep me updated nothing but this forum seems to be working

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 04:27 AM
A BANGLA HALF CENTURY.

BY YOUNG ASHRAFUL.

Half century on its way
Oh yea

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 04:29 AM
Idiot Kapali gone for a foolinsh shot ...out for 9

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 04:41 AM
first 50 from a bangladesh batsman in WC 2003.....young Ashraful at the last made it in 71 balls ...five 4s and one 6.:D

Orpheus
February 26, 2003, 04:42 AM
22.4 Cairns to Mohammad Ashraful, FOUR, loose ball and Ashraful punishes
it, short and wide outside off stump, slashed away over cover,
races to the boundary and Ashraful reaches his maiden ODI half
century off 71 balls, 5x4, 1x6

DUITA life paise..cairns thike.....Please..make him pay...

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by Orpheus]

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 04:47 AM
As predicted by Doorbin
In the city of Darwin..............

=========================
The real Bangla game is on
OSTAD GHOSHONA KORLO JOKHON
=========================

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 04:55 AM
here comes 100 for Bangladesh 101/4 (26.5 ov)

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 04:56 AM
One game of cricket is good enough
If that one game is like this ONE.
Akram on one end and Ashraful on the other
It is a BANGLA TOOFAN

Orpheus
February 26, 2003, 04:59 AM
aren't you the same doorbin
from the city of dustbin
predicted that bd would win
3 games excludin
a bitter fighting
against the Australians???

hmmm I guess I am not a POET or in slang term Pot Head aka rappers...

Doorbin bhai, I am just kidding.... Keep me awake for this game...

samia
February 26, 2003, 06:15 AM
or did BD just score 154 with ashraful scoring BD's first half century in this WC :o

Tehsin
February 26, 2003, 06:35 AM
Ash 56
Rafique 42*
Pilot 35*

Last wicket partnership of 70. This was a DREAM.

Sham
February 26, 2003, 06:36 AM
This is what happens when you bat 50 overs. I am over the damn moon. We almost got to 200! Atlast, something to cheer about. Well done to Ash and especially to Pilot and Rafique at the end.

James90
February 26, 2003, 06:42 AM
Fastastic work from the boys. Experience and keeping a cool head really helps. Obviously Sumon had neither....do we have the bowlers to make a game of it?

Zobair
February 26, 2003, 06:47 AM
Good question Master Stedman! I believe....you shall witness more alert bowling and fielding this time around....plus...the Kiwis packed in an extra pacer at the expense of a batsman!!!...so lets see:cool:

James90
February 26, 2003, 06:49 AM
How do you know my last name....is it cos of my article a while back?

OH RIGHT FANTASY CRICKET....am i right?

Tehsin
February 26, 2003, 06:54 AM
Don't know about the others but PILOT deserves the biggest round of applause from all Bangladeshis around the world.

Ash can take a bow for his first of many fifities. Truly a delight. Did not make too many mistakes. Was only beaten for pace AFTER poor Akram (looked solid compared to the others - just needed to whack Vettori a little bit) failed to rotate the strike and had Ash lost his flow. At that stage, Ash only faced 3 balls in '5' overs. Rotation is a key batting quality.

However, Pilot tried to score some extra runs but was denied by Shujon. The running between was not too good and Shujon for some reason did not want to face the bowling. However, all four players with experience (Pilot, Akram, Shujon and Rafique) played their fair share of deliveries, which helped us get to 198 for 7 and helped us play the fifty overs. With Kenya having 7/8 experienced players, no wonder they have been doing better. Yes, I am leading towards experience at this juncture.

Only question - did we peak the wrong time or the wrong match ? Were we supposed to do this in the next match ? The lost respect will get some patches after the batting. Let's see how the rest goes.

In general - the rash shots were missing. That was replaced with the mistimed hooks. Other then that, at 128 for 7, I feared the obvious but PILOT and Rafique (some favoured as opener just for the heck of it - really shouldn't - he is just a wild slasher) put wide smiles on our faces after a long time.

All we need now - 3/4 very early wickets. Maybe a NERVOUS NZ side (with SL-Kenya hanging on their shoulders) might help out our poor bowlers.

With that, I must retire (as in go to bed) as I have to go to work in a few hours. *sigh*

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by tehsin]

Sham
February 26, 2003, 06:56 AM
Yep, I think thats right.

If BD gets a couple of early wickets, especially with NZ trying to boost their NRR, we could see something good happen. NZ are a batsman short, and no Astle in their line-up. Two or three wickets early on like we got against WI and we could give them some trouble!

Nasif
February 26, 2003, 06:56 AM
Habibul_Fan had to change his nick today after Bashar's stupid batting (yet again).
That was wide ball down the leg and he couldn't resist the pull. Two 0s in a row now from basher, lets hope he can make a hat trick. :mad:

Zobair
February 26, 2003, 06:57 AM
muhuaaahahahahaaa....
my name is Bond ....Shane Bond :D
I am kidding you pal...its fantasy cricket indeed :cool:

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 08:29 AM
damn.....our bowling department looks like sleeping....we can never do well

Piranha
February 26, 2003, 11:09 AM
I'd say this was a "satisfactory defeat".
We scored close to 200, got 3 wickets...not bad for a day cricket.

:)

Mahmood
February 26, 2003, 11:22 AM
The only bad side is, I used to think this is BD's regular performence, now I see, it is our top.

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
After a long time I read a nice poem, which is the one you wrote.

Keep practising, practice makes a man perfect.

Yes I am the same Doorbin
Who predicted one win
No more than one win
By Bangladesh against Australia
In the city of Darwin............

--------------------------------------------------
Ho Ho Ho
Its time for me to go