PDA

View Full Version : NOT SATISFACTORY

fwullah
February 26, 2003, 12:17 PM
It was not a satisfactory game today - I would be satisfied with this performance against NZ only after I see Bangladesh defeating Kenya.

For me, these things did not happen - for which I am calling this not to be a satisfactory match:

1) Akram Khan was supposed to guide Ashraful on the crease - that's what Akram Khan is here for, what we see instead is that Ashraful is guiding Akram Khan - i.e., the other way around.

2) The way Pilot batted today - especially his shots to accelerate the innings score - if he can play those shots (which I was not aware of - until today) then once he quits captancy, then the next captain will have no choice but to force Pilot to bat at number five.

3) Catch drops - Sumon's catch drop, run out opportunities - they have to be accounted for.

4) Bangladesh should have reached or get past the 200 run mark - it was definitely not on - when the game started, but once Ashraful got in, and the way Mashud and Rafique batted - I think we deserved to get the 200 - but we didn't - our major failure today

5) Cause for Concern - Rafique might not be fit for Kenya game - which is a real cause for concern - both batting and bowling wise

6) Kapali should be coming in at number 6 instead of Akram Khan (who should take Kapali's place at 5) since as we have all seen today - Akram Khan is not the same batsman - true that it was Akram's first ODI match after a long time - but he is better off trying to push the singles rather than getting bobbed down by somebody like Vettori and giving away his wicket in the process. In fact, he could come into bat at even number four.

7) The only satisfactory thing today was to see Rafique score 41 off 42 balls - a real jem of an innings - his first few 20 runs also came in singles or twos - he played really risk-less innings - just what an experienced player should have done - which he is.

Pundit
February 26, 2003, 12:57 PM
Yes, BD simply has too many deficiencies. Hence, the odds of none of them showing up on a game day is very low. For that reason a win is really impossible.

Winning against Kenya will only justify a Bangladeshis claim of gettin the test status before them - nothing else.

I sigh and wonder, what really is the next right step - but am left with too many questions !

Especially with player selection for the immediate future -

1. HBashar - what will his fate be !
2. MASRI - too many unanswered ques.
3. Kapali should not move up above 6
4. Andy Roberts needs to come back on another short stint and work especially on Talha.
5. Is Tapsh only good on pace conducive pitches ?
6. Fielding - are they not strong or confident enough ?
7. Last, and not least - Mohsin Kamal ????

This can keep on going !!

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
Tapash no good...bring Talha....he's much economic than tapash

Ehsan
February 26, 2003, 03:36 PM
I wonder why Rafique was not given to bowl....as I didn't see the Bangladesh bowling....was in School.

DOORBIN
February 26, 2003, 03:50 PM
This will probably be one of the best matches in 2003 WC. It may not be important in a big way, however, some countries will really watch this game with a binocular.

What will happen?

To me it looks like Bangladesh has a better chance than Kenya. Subject to the following :

- Ashraful playing at his normal position
- Ehsanul at number 3 with full 10 overs to bowl
- Akram at number 4
- Kapali at number 5
- Pilot at number 6
- Khaled Mahmud at number 7
- Mohammad Rafique at number 8
- Manjurul and Talha opening the bowling and bowling full 10 overs each
- Md Rafique to bowl full 10 overs

Trust me, with what I am dreaming now, Keynans are in BIG TIME TROUBLE.

Yeah?
You bet.

samia
February 27, 2003, 12:45 PM
oh no plz dont get ur hopes up again...its a pity that rafique got injured cuz the last match proved that BD really needs him...and no matter how hard i try, i just cant be optimistic abt the match against kenya.i have a feeling BD is going to mess up something or the other :(

DOORBIN
February 28, 2003, 12:24 AM
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat

That's one of 'your' favourites, isn't it ?

samia
February 28, 2003, 02:49 AM
but havent we had a lot more than just a single defeat?

Shubho
February 28, 2003, 09:07 AM
DOORBIN, I admire your optimism, but I don't see us beating Kenya. Of course, if you're right, then bloody hell, I'll be jumping with joy. Kintu bhaiya, eibhabe expectation gulo baraleh amader mon khamakha poreh diye aro kharap hoye jabe. Tar cheye cholen halar po-der pachhai koyekta laththhi maira ashi, mon-eh shanti paben. Ki bolen, Doorbin bhai?

DOORBIN
February 28, 2003, 02:57 PM
We Bangladeshis are a bundle of emotions. These emotions can make us do almost anything. Remember this.

You know how the Bangladeshi cricketers are thinking at the moment?

" AJKE JODI JITTE NA PARI, JAN NIYE TANATANI. TA CHARA, DESH KE KI DILAM EI WORLD CUP EY? CHI CHI CHI. TA CHARA, DHAKA AIRPORT E KI OBOSTHA HOBEY? OKHAN THEKE BARI PORJONTO JETE PARBO TO? HEY ALLAH, JAN BACHABAR AKTA SHUJOG DIYECHO, EY SHUJOG JAENO CHEREY NA DIY.......

NA NA NA
EY SHUJOG CHARBO NA "

Watch this game. This one game is worth many many dollars. Trust me. This will be a game to remember. Both teams will put themselves in the top gear..........now I am talking about manual car driving..........

Sham
February 28, 2003, 03:02 PM
If BD loses to Kenya tonight, which they will, then the players should stay back in South Africa. Deshe phirar dhorkar nai, je mair khabe airport e neme. It wont be pretty. Tar theke bhalo tora bideshe thak, moja kor. Deshe giye ki labh?

bd_cricket
February 28, 2003, 03:07 PM
they will probably reach at airport very late at night without informing the press about their arrival time and one platoon Army will be deployed around them for their security. They won't get out of their home at least for a month and may be they won't stay at their own places - they will hide - may be they will stop shaving to hide their faces too.

Shubho
February 28, 2003, 03:17 PM
PONEROTA KHELOARER PACHHAI PONEROTA KOREH LATHTHHI. AR MOHSIN KAMAL-ER PACHHAI EMON JOREH LATHHI MARA UCHIT JENO SHEH DHAKAR THHEKE ISLAMABAD DIRECT POUCHHAI (PLANE TICKET-ERO DORKAR NAI).