PDA

View Full Version : Our bowling

Tehsin
February 27, 2003, 12:23 PM
Our bowling is the absolute worst among the minnows. Every other team had managed to do something or the other

SA 254/8 against CANADA
AUS 301/6 against Namibia
Ind 204/10 against Holland

Just as a sample. There were other matches. So, the TTMM force is just a myth.

We lost two matches for 10 wickets. Other teams have managed to take anywhere from 2 to 5/6 wickets.

Offcourse - this has other implications. Our bowlers/team has failed to earn any respect from these other teams. On the other hand, the little teams were unknowns (not to mention - pumped up). Still, our bowling looks the worst. :(

Shubho
February 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
In Mohsin Kamal we effectively have a bowling coach. But our Paki friend hasn't instilled anything new in them. Throughout the World Cup I saw absolutely no bite in our bowling. The one exception was the match against the Windies, but it was only the external conditions that helped us. Have you noticed how none of our spinners get any turn? Our pacers don't have pace, they don't vary their deliveries, bowl too many extras, and can't get the ball to swing or do anything of note.

But just to keep things in perspective, our batting is no better than our bowling. So we pretty much suck all round.

Tehsin
February 27, 2003, 03:37 PM
Mohsin Kamal has done nothing with the team. Sorry if that sounds like I am putting theblame solely on him, he can do so much but he hasn't even done that.

Our players are one of the main problems.

Anyways, This is what we see - We bring in Holding (did I get the right name?) for a 3/4 week camp and he finds 2/3 players with lot of talent and 'potential'. He leaves - and the potential goes to garbage. Great job by our officials. Case in point - Talha and Masri.

Not too sure about ZIA but for someone who FOUND KAPALI, what did we do ? We brought useless officials, we paid Gordon enough money to get a Sri Lankan coach (for a year) to work with the juniors for a 12 day perioed but we left the so-called batting coach back in BD. Don't know how much he could have helped by bring in SA but you'd think he could have talked to the batsmen before they went out their to sacrifice OUR wickets.

Sham
February 27, 2003, 07:42 PM
Tehsin bhai, our bowlers did do well against the West Indies. You mentioned Australia's 300 odd against Namibia. Surely our bowling against WI ranks better than that. If it wasn't for Powell at the end, we might have kept the WI to under 220. Atleast thats something. But yeah, overall, our entire team sucks. But if I had to pick one, I'd pick our bowling over our batting anyday.

Ehsan
February 28, 2003, 01:44 AM
I would say our bowling is not dat bad....but we need to pick the rite bowlers so dat we don't perform bad.....I would say drop Baisya....he's only good in back home pitches....bring Talha back & teach hime how to not give extra runs....though Talha is Sounds ecomically better than Tapash Baisya

Nasif
February 28, 2003, 04:54 AM
Well, I still have faith in TTMM. Only if Talha didn't give those wides and no's. I think its more mental than his techniques. When he gets settled he bowls real good. But Masri is still the best, although little low on pace. The guy just needs to bowl for few matches (5/6) to get his rythm back. Its just his bad luck that he got injured.

Our bowling is much better than batting.

Shubho
February 28, 2003, 09:00 AM
Our bowling performance against the Windies was a fluke in my most humble opinion. The weather and pitch conditions helped us no end. Our true fielding and bowling potential was hopelessly revealed when we failed to take a single wicket against South Africa (who are completely out of form) and Sri Lanka. Even against New Zealand we were hopeless, although we managed to take 3 wickets. The Kiwis raced to reach 200 in 30 overs for the loss of only 3...that's pretty pathetic bowling and fielding I'd say.