PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Northamptonshire v Bangladeshis at Northampton

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Bangla amar Maa
May 22, 2005, 06:39 AM
Man run rate is dropping .......... where are the fireworks ?

Imtiaz
May 22, 2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by BanCricFan
Originally posted by Imtiaz
Please note that this is the first class debut for both Pietersen and Friedlander. So Golla was Pietersen's maiden wicket.

Peiterson has played 14 FC games

So he has. This is Friedlander's 5th match.

These are their first matches this season. Sorry about that !

kalimdor
no question Rajin is playing.... he is
(1) batsman
(2) best feilder
(3) part time bowlers

Rahim on the other hand
(1) batsman but not proven yet in big match
(2) wicketkeeper ......we already have Pilot ...the best one in Bangladesh

Why we need Rahim for......except if he perform exceptionally well........like Javed in 1st test - 1st innings...

Bangla amar Maa
This is not a test match anymore .it's become an odi now .........just a day left now .......

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 06:41 AM
Please, leave BaM (dukha) alone, will you?

IanW
May 22, 2005, 06:42 AM
Bangla amar Maa,

OK, I held my tongue until now.

Bangla amar Maa, (a) you know nothing about cricket, and (b) you are an idiot.

This Is A Practice Match.

On the 26th of May, eleven lucky Bangladeshis do something that is the dream of every cricketer ... they get to walk out onto Lords Cricket Ground, and play a Test Match.

This game against Northants ... if Bangladesh beat England, no-one will remember this game against Northants. And if Bangladesh collapse against England, no-one will remember this game against Northants either.

Right now, Bangladesh's bowling is good enough - two Test class bowlers in Masrafee and Rafique, and a couple of young kids with potential in Enamul and Shahadat.

But the batting - the batting is a question mark.

Right now, we have one of the Test openeers and their probable number 5 out there.

They are seeing balls bounce off green, bouncy English wickets. They are playing English bowlers, in English conditions.

You can't teach that ****. You can only experience it.

They get fifty each, and they walk out to Lords with some confidence. They get to know in their bones that they really can play in England.

Andf thats why they should go out there and bat all day, and **** the score, and **** the fact they are going to kill the game,

Because it's all about the Test Matches.

Because if the batsmen can deliver, then Masrafee, Shahadat, Rafique and whoever else are good enough to bowl out England twice for a gettable score.

But the batsmen need the form and the experience to get it.

And right now, Northants' home ground is the only place they are ever going to get that experience before the first Test Bangladesh have ever played at Lords.

Ian Whitchurch

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Please, leave BaM (dukha) alone, will you?

OKie dokie boss..:D

BanglaCool
May 22, 2005, 06:44 AM
We need mushfiq because he is a solid batsman and he needs a break.
He is in a better form than rajin. If rajin fails again this match (as he did before) and mushfiq does well then there is no doubt that mushfiq should play at Lords. BTW, mushfiq is a wicketkeeper so guees who is the best fielder?

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by IanW
Bangla amar Maa,

Bangla amar Maa, (a) you know nothing about cricket, and (b) you are an idiot.

This Is A Practice Match.

On the 26th of May, eleven lucky Bangladeshis do something that is the dream of every cricketer ... they get to walk out onto Lords Cricket Ground, and play a Test Match.

This game against Northants ... if Bangladesh beat England, no-one will remember this game against Northants. And if Bangladesh collapse against England, no-one will remember this game against Northants either.

Right now, Bangladesh's bowling is good enough - two Test class bowlers in Masrafee and Rafique, and a couple of young kids with potential in Enamul and Shahadat.

But the batting - the batting is a question mark.

Right now, we have one of the Test openeers and their probable number 5 out there.

They are seeing balls bounce off green, bouncy English wickets. They are playing English bowlers, in English conditions.

You can't teach that <b>shoot</b>. You can only experience it.

They get fifty each, and they walk out to Lords with some confidence. They get to know in their bones that they really can play in England.

Andf thats why they should go out there and bat all day, and <b>funk</b> the score, and <b>funk</b> the fact they are going to kill the game,

Because it's all about the Test Matches.

Because if the batsmen can deliver, then Masrafee, Shahadat, Rafique and whoever else are good enough to bowl out England twice for a gettable score.

But the batsmen need the form and the experience to get it.

And right now, Northants' home ground is the only place they are ever going to get that experience before the first Test Bangladesh have ever played at Lords.

Ian Whitchurch

Agreed Ian.. :up:

Bangla amar Maa
Now less than 200 runs needed .............

kalimdor
IanW wow man....that's a lot... gotta hurt.......Bangla amar Ma....chup hoe za bacha....nobody listening to ya....

little_master
May 22, 2005, 06:47 AM
Why Aftab is sleeping at the crease...???

BanCricFan
May 22, 2005, 06:48 AM
This is the last over b4 lunch... will there be any casualty??

Ejaj
:D Aftab is playing really cautiously... He needs to imprve little more with his strike rate.. atleast should be 50.

Bangla amar Maa
haha funny comments by Ian but we watch what happens !!!!!!! It's not depending on your comments anyway .......... Also , we can't beat England at Lords as we all know that ......... but we did beat the county match before ........

salin
May 22, 2005, 06:49 AM
We need a wicket here to see the Rajins and Rahims batting..............

Warlock
Nothing to hurry. Play solidly till the lunch.
Once they are set and seeing the ball well, they can go after the bowlers.

TheWatcher
Never argue with an idiot. He will lower you down to his level and beat you with experience:D

Ejaj
Originally posted by salin
We need a wicket here to see the Rajins and Rahims batting..............

LOL Salin....

kalimdor
bangal Cool...you can't just keep on bringing new players everytime...give them more chances until they are tested well.....Rajin is a proven one.....plus as DEV and other BD players say, "He brings life to the feilding"...thats not just one plus point...it's THE plus point

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
haha funny comments by Ian but we watch what happens !!!!!!! It's not depending on your comments anyway .......... Also , we can't beat England at Lords as we all know that ......... but we did beat the county match before ........

gotta agree with ian.

and lets not say we cant beat england. its cricket. anyone can beat anyone. the only thing that fluctuates for different teams is the probability of a team's win.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 11:54 AM GMT, by shovon13.

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 06:52 AM
They removed Friedlander, why?

kalimdor
May 22, 2005, 06:53 AM
Bangla amar..........finally some firework....Allah listened to your prayer.....to be honest we all like to see some firework but more importantly we need to show the English media that our batsman can bat all day long

Bangla amar Maa
May 22, 2005, 06:53 AM
Now i am happy to see the run rate going up .... are they playing test or odi now ?

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 06:54 AM
Lunch time is close. Better not get out now.

kalimdor
May 22, 2005, 06:55 AM
i hope they play like odi but stay in the wicket like test match

BanCricFan

BaM, you dont get this at all, do ya??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!

IanW
[quote]Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
haha funny comments by Ian but we watch what happens !!!!!!! It's not depending on your comments anyway .......... Also , we can't beat England at Lords as we all know that ......... but we did beat the county match before ........ [/quote

Bangla amar Maa,

With your comments, you are steadily reinforcing my point (a) and my point (b).

Ian Whitchurch

Ian Whitchurch

Bangla amar Maa
May 22, 2005, 06:56 AM
watch this now , that's why they changed Friedlander now King got a wicket of Aftaab .......

BanCricFan
Has Aftab blew it??

TheWatcher
Just what I was afraid. A wicket just before lunch:mad:

Ejaj
Now i am happy to see the run rate going up .... are they playing test or odi now ?

Good to see that u r became happy. BTW.. BD is neither playing a Test nor a ODI match. THis is just a practice match. So.. let them just practice to keep their willow.

kalimdor
Aftab out...can't believe that...that's what happen in ODI

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 06:58 AM
hmmm.. this is defintely a bad news for aftab. How did he get out?.. was he listening to BaM and start hitting to make the match an ODI for BaM?

BanglaCool
May 22, 2005, 07:00 AM
nafees out! this is disastrous!

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:00 AM
:-/

Bangla amar Maa
May 22, 2005, 07:01 AM
1 or 2 wickets is not a problem in odi ..... Someone else said about his strike rate . Now we can play tests caz we lost so many wickets ........ now we don't wanna see any fireworks ........... after loosing that many wickets .......

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 12:02 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.

Imtiaz
Bangla amar Maa,

Ian Whitchurch

Thank God ! Someone had to say it. Good on you, IanW

Ejaj
Are u Happy now BaM????.. Look they are hitting to make u a happy man???

shovon13
aftab's continuous failures in the longer version of the game might open the gate for shahriar nafees or mushfiqur rahim.

but if it was left up to me, i'd leave aftab in the team. he's definitely a class act, and i believe will soon find his form. besides, his bowling is more than handy.

BanglaCool
May 22, 2005, 07:02 AM
so BaM and kalimdor you still want our boys to play suicidal cricket? It seems they haven't yet learnt to stay at the wicket, it's not time to play ambitious shots!

Navarene
wrap these losers up and throw them in river Thames!:mad:

IanW
threefer ****

BanCricFan
Here we go!

kalimdor
ok I'm out....that's why I don't usually see BD Batsman's batting....see ya

TheWatcher
Aftab will be in the team for his bowling alone:up:

Imtiaz
May 22, 2005, 07:03 AM
Great ! Bloody practice match ! And they are 3 down in no time. All 3 in the first team. Can they noy just block out the balls ? Forget the cameras.

salin
May 22, 2005, 07:04 AM
Let every batsman play 8 overs each. No matter whether he play like ODI or test. We need practice here specialy for Rajin & Rahim.

Sam
Are they practising how to get out cheaply?:-/

kalimdor
Originally posted by BanglaCool
so BaM and kalimdor you still want our boys to play suicidal cricket? It seems they haven't yet learnt to stay at the wicket, it's not time to play ambitious shots!
you missed what I meant....they can play whatever way they want but HAVE stay in wicket all day long........plz go back and read my comment again....THANK YOU

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 07:05 AM
Wickets are tumbling just before lunch:E

mwrkhan
May 22, 2005, 07:06 AM
For BD one wicket almost invariably follows another. This is how it always has been. No change. I think the team will be all out and concede a lead to Northants. Even in a two day match against second rate county opposition we are on the backfoot and unable to dictate proceedings.

Goodness knows what will happen at Lord's.

Followed by Durham.

Then the Aussies.

I am failing to see the point of this tour now.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:07 AM
Dav should be really upset with reckless batting from Nafis and Aftab. They should have batted with cool head as Lunch was approaching. Very Bad Cricket from these two batsman.

Imtiaz
May 22, 2005, 07:08 AM
Nafees seems to have this bad habit of getting out after settling in. He batted for 37 balls and 50 minutes. Aftab also batted for 37 balls. This is a terrible time to get out.

I sometimes wonder if they play the numbers game. They have this thing in them that bowlers shall not be allowed to dominate. But if bowlers continue to bowl one good ball after another, you have to respect that ! This is not a one day match where you have overs restrictions !

Ash better do well ! Rajin is in the last chance saloon as far as I am concerned. The young pretender is padded up, literally.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 12:10 PM GMT, by Imtiaz.

Navarene
May 22, 2005, 07:08 AM
Ironically, the more they are getting used to english condition, the more they perform pathetically. Remember about the very first practice match? They did quite well with bat and ball but then deteriorating day by day.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:12 AM
I had been a great supporter of Aftab and Nafees. But.. I am really upset today to see them doing such stupid thing. Dont they have any cricketing brain in their brain??.. I dont think.. the attack was a furious one. They just had to stick to the plan and just play the ball according to merit. There was no pressure on them. I am really disappointed on these two.

Imtiaz
Originally posted by Navarene
Ironically, the more they are getting used to english condition, the more they perform pathetically. Remember about the very first practice match? They did quite well with bat and ball but then deteriorating day by day.

These players may not be regulars but they are not undergraduates about to take final exams ! So take the Universities game with a large pinch of salt !

Ejaj
I had been a great supporter of Aftab and Nafees. But.. I am really upset today to see them doing such stupid thing. Dont they have any cricketing brain in?.. I dont think.. the attack was a furious one. They just had to stick to the plan and just play the ball according to merit. There was no pressure on them. I am really disappointed on these two.

yaseer
May 22, 2005, 07:13 AM
Now, i really have doubt about the quality of our first opprositions (BU).
Just look at the FC records of these northampston's bowlers. as per record, they are nothing bowlers, Aftab is KING's only 2nd first class wicket.......................If these bowlers can make us 52/3, then what is waiting for us on 26th? I am really worried now..........
Now its must for rajin and ash to put up a very good show, otherwise against the english attack, with this poor confidence, we are gonna just slaughtered.

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 07:14 AM

These players may not be regulars but they are not undergraduates about to take final exams ! So take the Universities game with a large pinch of salt !
Well said:up:

cricfanz
May 22, 2005, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by yaseer
Now its must for rajin and ash to put up a very good show, otherwise against the english attack, with this poor confidence, we are gonna just <i>slaughtered. </i>

slaughtered by the media AND the english team..

IanW
May 22, 2005, 07:25 AM
Cricfanz,

At the end of the day, there are two teams out there.

Yeah, Bangladesh lost at Cairns.

But that wasnt the story that echoed in the hearts of the team. Or in the words of the media.

Ian Whitchurch

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:27 AM
Cricfanz,

But that wasnt the story that echoed in the hearts of the team. Or in the words of the media.

Ian Whitchurch

:up: I really hope that.. it comes true in England soil too.

salin
May 22, 2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Ejaj
Cricfanz,

Ian Whitchurch

:up: I really hope that.. it comes true in England soil too.

Me too.......

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 07:33 AM
I am expecting a rain draw in Lord's. It is Harmison's homeground Riverside that I am afraid of:(

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 07:40 AM
Khela suru hoy na ken?Bristi suru hoye gelo naki abar?

salin
May 22, 2005, 07:45 AM
khela shuru hoyasay....

BanglaCool
May 22, 2005, 07:45 AM
perhaps they were having an extended lunch!
They give good food before execution, I heard!

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:46 AM
perhaps they were having an extended lunch!
They give good food before execution, I heard!

LOL

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:47 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm ok .. Rajin Gone............
BAD CRICKET!!!!!!

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 07:48 AM
Hahaha..ami crickinfo open korte na korte Dekhi Rajin Great out.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:48 AM
I dont get it!!.. Do BD batsmen want to finish the game early and go to sleeep?????.. Why r they hurrying up so much!!!:duh:

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 07:49 AM
Akhono ki kew Rajin k Lords a khalanor pokkhe?:mad:

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:49 AM
Aftab and Rajin will be in great danger to be left out of the 1st test team if Rahim somehow plays well.............

tansir
May 22, 2005, 07:50 AM
Rajin..............:lol:

BanglaCool
May 22, 2005, 07:50 AM
Where is our great rajin saleh fan?

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:52 AM
I am still a fan of rajin. But.. he didnt do justice for his chance to makeout someitng today. Aftab is also in danger man. if Rahim plays well somehow today. Lets see...

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 07:53 AM
Where is our great rajin saleh fan?
Unara sobai Rajin ar jonne bd te return ticket booking korte giyeche mone hoy.:P

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:53 AM
No update.. someting is wrong....... Ash may be gone!!!:o

tansir
May 22, 2005, 07:54 AM
Rajin the great foul :great:

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 07:54 AM
ebar Ash gelei shes:E

ManInBlack
May 22, 2005, 07:55 AM
Is Rajin out of first Test team???

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 07:56 AM
shara raat jaiga khela dekhtesi. er modhdhe cricinfo delay dekhte dekhte mejaj akash'e uthtese!

Warlock
BD performance is just pathetic.
Once again the 16-year old Rahim is left with the burden to take it to a respectable total.

Mr-khan
Originally posted by tansir
Aevabe bolte hoy na.Rajin fan ra kosto pabe;)

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks god.. Northamptonshire declared at 230........ 330 hoyle.. to khobor chilo... another follow on howar chance chilo.............. I guess. BD batsman re.. double batting practice korar dhandai ache. double innings practice in one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 07:57 AM
Abar char mare!!! Ash ziboneo shudrabe na.

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 07:58 AM
hmm....two bounderies by ash.
now he's the only one who can restore some pride and confidence in us.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 07:59 AM
Ash starts to feel he is the master of the world once he scores a couple of boundary. He will be gone.

yaseer
May 22, 2005, 08:00 AM
amader middle order er je ki obostha...........:(

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 08:00 AM
Chance hater kachhe!! Rahim nischoi khub chape achhe azke bhalo khelar zonno.

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:01 AM
14 quick runs by ash. if he gets out, i'll really be ticked off.

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Aevabe bolte hoy na.Rajin fan ra kosto pabe;)

Ha ha ha h hh ha............ Its a good sign for BC for sure

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 08:02 AM
Don't worry, pilot is still to come. Just kidding.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 08:03 AM
Anyway, another 50 today paves the way for the first test-cap for Rahim. He should stick to the pitch with super-glue.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 08:03 AM
Man.. Rahim the KID is really under pressure. He had faced 10 balls so far.. but.. stll couldnt open his score. I really hope.. he gets over his anxiety.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah, me too. I guess he is probably just watching, taking his time out there. There is nothing to hurry in fact. With his talent, he will get a call now or later. No need to take pressure.
Go out there, score some runs and have fun- that would do fine.

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:08 AM
another 4 from Ash

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:09 AM
unless he gets himself out AGAIN, ash will score a century today.

mwrkhan
May 22, 2005, 08:09 AM
How many of you think BD will be all out for under 150 in this session?

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by shovon13
unless he gets himself out AGAIN, ash will score a century today.

I hope he will get his 100 again, but it is to early to say..let's see

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:11 AM
This two will continue this sesson... Both of them knows how to play in presure. I want to congratulate Rahim in advance.

shovon13
nice! rahim off the mark. now he has 3 runs.

mwrkhan
Ha ha, Ashraful and Rahim, two miniature sized batsmen out in the middle!!

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:12 AM
two 4 from Rahim

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Ibrahim
I hope he will get his 100 again, but it is to early to say..let's see

true. he still has 79 more runs to go.

in the meantime, rahim jumped to 11 runs with 2 consecutive bounderies.

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 08:13 AM
wow m.rahim 11:joy:

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 08:14 AM
Friedlander is back! Be careful boys.

Imtiaz
First Ash started like a bullet train. And, now Rahim. This is worrying.

OK, Rajin played 7 balls. There is your marker, Faruque.

tansir
Dhaka er pitch e kisu run koira Rajin tar form e firar ingir disilo. :P Ashol bepar hoilo tar capability ei rokom i......testing condition e ta prokash pai. Faruq ar Rajin ekshathe City Club e khelto........tai tar prothibha er kono shesh nai. Faruq na thakle ei beta bohut age i baad jaito.Ato kisur pore o jodi Rajin er jaigai Mushfiq ba Nafees re na neya hoi taile ta pure injustice.

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:15 AM
they better not end up like nafis and aftab. i just hope ash controls his temptations.

amim
2 fours by rahim ...

Navarene
ha bhai...joto paren haat tali diye nen, Lord's-e kintu kante hobe

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 08:16 AM
Dhaka er pitch e kisu run koira Rajin tar form e firar ingir disilo. :P Ashol bepar hoilo tar capability ei rokom i......testing condition e ta prokash pai. Faruq ar Rajin ekshathe City Club e khelto........tai tar prothibha er kono shesh nai. Faruq na thakle ei beta bohut age i baad jaito.Ato kisur pore o jodi Rajin er jaigai Mushfiq ba Nafees re na neya hoi taile ta pure injustice.
:up:

amim
May 22, 2005, 08:17 AM
ashraful's strike rate is 100.

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:18 AM
First Ash started like a bullet train. And, now Rahim. This is worrying.

OK, Rajin played 7 balls. There is your marker, Faruque.

Well Said :up::up:

Mr-khan
Inshallah!! apner kotha vul promanito hobe:)

Ejaj

please let us not say something which u cant show any evidence. Yes.. Rajin is playing very badly now a days.. but.. if u talk about his class. then.. he is definitely a good one. If he has some problem in his batting techniques.. Dav would have been looking his replacement in long time ago. He is just fine but out of form. But. please let not undermine his cricketing ability by relating to something which U cant prove or injurious to someone's reputaiton.

amim
May 22, 2005, 08:19 AM
4 fours by rahim.

Ibrahim
2 more 4's from Rahim. What a great show. he is 19 now.

Warlock
Okay Rahim on fire now!!!

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:20 AM
Hellooooo Rajin.... It is your time to go....... :great:

shovon13
holy sh i t!

TheWatcher
Khan saheb, apnaro ki abar funny feeling hochhe?

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:21 AM
partnership: 52
Ash 30 and 1 more 4

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:22 AM
please let us not say something which u cant show any evidence. Yes.. Rajin is playing very badly now a days.. but.. if u talk about his class. then.. he is definitely a good one. If he has some problem in his batting techniques.. Dav would have been looking his replacement in long time ago. He is just fine but out of form. But. please let not undermine his cricketing ability by relating to something which U cant prove or injurious to someone's reputaiton.

gotta agree with ejaj. rajin's first outing with the team was against pakistan IN pakistan. thats where he showed off his talent, against the likes of shoaib, shabbir, and omar gul. he's surely talented.

ManInBlack
Originally posted by amim
ashraful's strike rate is 100.

Ash shud be preparing for test...Not the one dayers.....We need them to stay in the wicket..not to scroe runs quickly....when will ash mature??

Warlock
Guys, I was wrong.
Ash in great touch here.

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:23 AM

:up::up::up::up::up::lol:

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
Ash's strike rate: 111.11

It's too much.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 08:24 AM

HAHAHAHHAHAHA....................
LOLOLOLO............... :great::great:
TheWatcher.. great say man.. I hope Khan bhai isnt having any funny feeling anymore.. otherwise........................................

Navarene
Originally posted by Warlock
Guys, I was wrong.
Ash in great touch here.
jinx jinx jinx ...he is gone

Warlock
Okay, after all I was right.
Ash is back to the pavillion.:-/

Ibrahim
Finally, Ash is gone..

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 08:25 AM
Guys, I was wrong.
Ash in great touch here.

Warlock bhai,,,,, Ei kotha boilai to ganjam lagai dilen..:D Ash is gone tooooooooooooo

Mr-khan
May 22, 2005, 08:25 AM
Ekmatro team selection ar somoy Rajin k 1st 11 a khelte dekle e amar oe funny feeling ase.

shovon13
May 22, 2005, 08:26 AM

and once again, he got himself out. i'm not even watching the game, i can already tell he was going for a big hit.

Ibrahim
Originally posted by shovon13

and once again, he got himself out. i'm not even watching the game, i can already tell he was going for a big hit.

I think you are right.

Warlock
I am really worried to think may be this is our true batting potential. If we play like this- Harmison and co. will have a merry day with our batters.

ManInBlack
May 22, 2005, 08:27 AM
Ash Gone!!!!

He has got the skills but not the brains to play cricket.

tansir
Bhai, every supporter of BD wants good for the team. If u talk about Rajin's capability then pls look at how he performed in ICC Cham. Trophy. He might be a great batsman, but not in English condition. It's already proven and that's my evidence. If u talk about the average only forgetting where he scored and how then I've nothing to say. Some may argue that Rajin played good in WI tour, but now it's a fact that WI pitches are no where near to fast or bouncy or seaming-friendly as they used to be. The fact remains and that's Rajin failed in England before and has failed again.

Imtiaz
Ash-hole !

Imtiaz
May 22, 2005, 08:28 AM
Rahim, please take your time. You have all day, my boy.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
Ash-hole !

hahahhahha......... man.. this is really funnny................... :great::great::great::great::great::great:

BioMEMS
May 22, 2005, 08:29 AM
This is a golden opportunity for Rahim to prove his true potential. I hope he scores a big one today...

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 08:30 AM
Rahim, please take your time. You have all day, my boy.
Hopefully Mashud will remind him that.

Navarene
Ash-hole !
Trust me, he will be back heavily in either of the two tests.

Mr-khan
Bhai, every supporter of BD wants good for the team. If u talk about Rajin's capability then pls look at how he performed in ICC Cham. Trophy. He might be a great batsman, but not in English condition. It's already proven and that's my evidence. If u talk about the average only forgetting where he scored and how then I've nothing to say. Some may argue that Rajin played good in WI tour, but now it's a fact that WI pitches are no where near to fast or bouncy or seaming-friendly as they used to be. The fact remains and that's Rajin failed in England before and has failed again.
Aeta amar o kotha.But aeta sobai bujhbe na..akoni dekhben apnake kotojon quote kore.

Zephaniah

Trouble is Aftab isnt not proven in alien/ seaming condition either. And M. Rahim's good form only complicated the matter.

tansir
May 22, 2005, 08:31 AM
BD er super batsmen ra tader super ability dekhaitese. 1st test e je ki hobe allah i jane :wow:

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 08:32 AM

I can trust you, but I can't trust Ash..haha

BioMEMS
May 22, 2005, 08:32 AM
Ash-hole !

Nice one!

Here is one from me.. Ash-Da-Fool :D

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 08:33 AM
Ash-hole !
Yeah, hopefully this one will be so needed slap on the face for him.

Zephaniah
May 22, 2005, 08:33 AM
Problem with Ash is he doesnt know how to pace an innings and play it big consistantly. No question about his other attributes though.

tansir
May 22, 2005, 08:34 AM
I ain't comparing Aftab with Rajin. Actually we must not compare Rajin with somebody to save his a**. Aftab has additional bowling ability which might be crucial for him to be selected. As a matter of fact both Aftab and Rajin failed, but Rajin failed miserably while Aftab at least scored some runs and got some wickets. :great:

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:35 AM
Bhai, every supporter of BD wants good for the team. If u talk about Rajin's capability then pls look at how he performed in ICC Cham.
Trophy. He might be a great batsman, but not in English condition.
It's already proven and that's my evidence. If u talk about the average only forgetting where he scored and how then I've nothing to say. Some may argue that Rajin played good in WI tour, but now it's a fact that WI pitches are no where near to fast or bouncy or seaming-friendly as they used to be.
The fact remains and that's Rajin failed in England before and has failed again.

Some says he is the best fielder For BD. as far as I remember he dropped three easy catches during India & Zimbabwe Tour.

abu_akif
As usual, ASH scored 30 and he thought that his place for the 1st test is secured. and so then he is back to Dav Dada's lap.

I hate to see this, again and again. I understand that cricketers really start to learn cricket when they are at least 25 (my own theory), but I always hoped that ASH and co. will learn much earlier, because I have got numerous opportunity to learn this.

Once again, I think our next generation will take their places soon, if they don't learn to play responsibly.

Imtiaz
M Rahim is now getting 20/1 to be the highest series scorer for Bangladesh. Bashar is top at 3/1. Ash is 6/1. Rajin is 4/1. Maybe the bookies are not that well informed.

Rahim is a good bet for those who do these things.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 08:39 AM
hmm. the score isnt updating............... is there anyting wrong?? any update?

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:42 AM
Bangladeshis 118/5 (27 ov)

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 08:42 AM
bd 118/5 :(
Rahim 25 with 4 Fours
Mashud 5 with 1 four

mahbubH
May 22, 2005, 08:43 AM
horrible performance. Probably two-day test is going to happen

cracky
May 22, 2005, 08:43 AM
Nice to see two wicket keepers batting together :)

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 1:44 PM GMT, by cracky.

abu_akif
May 22, 2005, 08:45 AM
Mushfiq needs one more run to become highest scorer for BD in this innings..

salin
May 22, 2005, 08:45 AM
Hopefully Rahim will be the man of the match. :drool:

Rubu
May 22, 2005, 08:48 AM
he has only two to compete. shafayat and munir.

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 08:48 AM
it will hard with Shafayat and Munir's Performance. Unless Rahim he gets in to 90's or possible century.

Rubu
May 22, 2005, 08:52 AM
looks like mushfique got a nervous 29!!! :P

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 08:54 AM
Agent, Rahim is trying not to follow Ash by being to restless.

Sham
May 22, 2005, 08:54 AM
It would have been better had we not played today! Javed after his big century against the unis scored 2 against a competent bowling attack. Friedlander, who isn't even on the Northamptonshire staff got Rajin and Ashraful, this is bad!!

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 08:55 AM
has been there for a while

mwrkhan
May 22, 2005, 08:56 AM
Amra je Aussie der shathe khelbo eta shobaar mone aache to? :)

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 08:58 AM
if one of this guys ( Rahim or Mashud) falls we are in big trouble. We have only Rafique left for some good batting.

BanglaCool
Rahim is the only cool-headed batsman and some of us supporting rajin over mushfiq?

Warlock
Amra Aussie der sathe khelbo na- borong ora amader ke nie khelbe.
(means they will toy with us)

mwrkhan
May 22, 2005, 09:00 AM

Amra bodhoe oder hathe maatir putul. :(

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:01 AM
Naa bhai- plastic er putul, oita aro shosta.

salin
May 22, 2005, 09:01 AM

:great::great::great::great:

mwrkhan
May 22, 2005, 09:02 AM
:up:

Navarene
May 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
Firiye nao ghatok kanta, ebar ami golap nebo
Firiye nao Rajin Saleh, ebar ami Rahim nebo!

mahbubH
May 22, 2005, 09:05 AM
even this 35* will give the team management something to ponder

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:05 AM
Ki hoilo bhai, hotath kore kobi hoye gelen?

BangladeshFan
May 22, 2005, 09:07 AM
Mushfiqur Rahim (http://content.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56029.html) 35 runs 56 balls. is this kid Bd's best batsman? :umm:

Duck
:great:

salin
tarpor keeper dompotir parnership 31 shay pousalo...

mwrkhan
Amra Bangali, aar kichu na paarleo amra shobai kobi, shahittik ebong darshonik. Ershader kotha shobai bhule gelen naaki?

Rubu
May 22, 2005, 09:08 AM
those of you wondering how some of us prefere rajin over mushfique, i want you to remember one name: alamgir kabir. anywhere there is a practice match he is the bully with the best figures ever. take him into the national team, he is the best chicken around. now, i don't know the same will happen to mushfique (sincerely hope not) but you have to understand there is a BIG difference between practice matches and real matches. we do not know how mushfique gonna do in real match. but we know rajin. he is usually good in real matches (look at his stat, not practice match stat but real match). and thats the reason for choosing him over mushfique.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by BangladeshFan
Mushfiqur Rahim (http://content.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/56029.html) 35 runs 56 balls. is this kid Bd's best batsman? :umm:
Welcome to the world my friend.

Duck
May 22, 2005, 09:10 AM
hahahaha.............great....

Can we include 4 more keepers with the existing keeper couple:P

cricman
May 22, 2005, 09:10 AM
guy's i know u might think that this is dumb but i like what ash did, there no reson to stay in the crease for 5 hrs if your trying to get every body to bat

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:11 AM
There is another keeper called Dheeman, he is a good batter too.

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 09:12 AM
Rahim already 37, which is the highest score. Not only that he is very consistent.

BangladeshFan
May 22, 2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
those of you wondering how some of us prefere rajin over mushfique, i want you to remember one name: alamgir kabir. anywhere there is a practice match he is the bully with the best figures ever. take him into the national team, he is the best chicken around. now, i don't know the same will happen to mushfique (sincerely hope not) but you have to understand there is a BIG difference between practice matches and real matches. we do not know how mushfique gonna do in real match. but we know rajin. he is usually good in real matches (look at his stat, not practice match stat but real match). and thats the reason for choosing him over mushfique.

these practice matches are with tough oppositions, sussex and nothamton far better than present zimbabwe. so dont underestimate these performances.

salin
May 22, 2005, 09:14 AM

Apni atota duschinta korbenna...
onar jonnay faruque shaheb asen,
onakay obossoi naya hobay prothom test a,
kintu uni abaro proman korben ar beshi kisu korar khomota onar nayi,
tobuo vabbenna onakay abaro 2nd test a naya hobay. :duh:

cracky
May 22, 2005, 09:14 AM
I don't agree with you. What you are saying is no matter how well someone plays in practice mathces, we should never give him chance, just because someone named Alamgir Kabir couldn't prove himself.

Edited on, May 22, 2005, 2:17 PM GMT, by cracky.

cricman
May 22, 2005, 09:16 AM
off topic but noe the less i think afridi is going for fastest century

Warlock
Right cracky.
Just want to add one thing.
Anwar Monir is a pretty decent bowler in fact.
Look at his stats in the cricinfo page.

Ejaj
OKey guys.. there is one point we shoudl also consider. Rahim is actualyl playing some bowlers who never even bowl much in their record.. So.. tehy are actualyl not even a part timer with the regualr team. So.. we really shouldnt be comparing Rahim with Rajin on the skill level. But. yes.. Rahim defintiely palyed much better than rajin.. specially. his ability to graft to the pitch. I guess..this ability can win him a place in Dav's team.

chinaman
May 22, 2005, 09:18 AM
MMR and Rajib might just burst in the top eleven - as the turns of events suggest.

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Ibrahim
Rahim already 37, which is the highest score. Not only that he is very consistent.
You calculate Consistency from playing 2 matches! This is a joke!
Rajin has been waymore consistant than Aashraful in the internationl Level. Rahim is too far from that! If you look at Rajin's stats series by series his average has gone up in each series!

Warlock
These keepers are the best batters of BD.

Ejaj
Originally posted by cricman

Holly ****!!... Afridi is firing in all cylinder!!..::D

BioMEMS
May 22, 2005, 09:20 AM

He just took 20 runs off bradshaw's over! Exciting stuff.

salin
May 22, 2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Dak_Pion
hahahaha.............great....

Can we include 4 more keepers with the existing keeper couple:P

I think we got the perfect matching couple, We don't need more.

cricman
May 22, 2005, 09:23 AM
we have 3 u forgot about mashfafe

Navarene
Rahim is actualyl playing some bowlers who never even bowl much in their record.. So.. tehy are actualyl not even a part timer with the regualr team.
Ejaj, these are the same bowlers who gave our big shot batsmen a run for their money. Rahim parle ora parlo na keno ei durbol bowler der biruddhe?

Rubu
Originally posted by cracky
I don't agree with you. What you are saying is no matter how well someone plays in practice mathces, we should never give him chance, just because someone named Alamgir Kabir couldn't prove himself.

then, we'd have still playing prince faruk and co. but are not. what we need to exposer and practice before throughing someone into the team. let mushfique do good. keep him playing in A team and u19 team or keep him in the national squad and play the practice matches. just to make him ready for it before throughing him out in front of wolves. say about 6-12 months latter if he still perforams, take him in the team. but then, don't just through him away because he failed 3/4 inngins or some other kid got a couple 50s. keep him there, and give him enough chances.

if we do not follow this method we'll see players like rahim coming and going without anymore making a pure impact.

Ibrahim
May 22, 2005, 09:24 AM
Shahid Afridi c Bravo b Collymore 56 (30b 6x4 2x6) SR: 186.67

he is just out.

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 09:26 AM
History!

mahbubH
May 22, 2005, 09:27 AM
congrats.

Another good innings by this youngman.

cricman
rahim's hitting 4's left and right

BanglaCool
50! congratulations to rajin..thukku mushfiq

Navarene
May 22, 2005, 09:28 AM
Great innings under pressure! Well done lil boy:great:

Warlock
Clap Clap:great::great:
50 for Rahim!!!!!!!!!!:joy::joy:

BanCricFan
50 !

cricman
think pilot is gonna get more aggresive now

Ibrahim
Mushfiqur Rahim 51 82 9 0 62.20 not out

He should be in the first test. Now matter what????

BioMEMS
that's fifty for Rahim :bravo:

Rubu

congrat rahim.

cracky
May 22, 2005, 09:29 AM
a well deserved half century to Mushfiqur.

chinaman
May 22, 2005, 09:29 AM
Congratulations to MMR.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:30 AM
I have a feeling that Rahim will have a go at the bowlers now.
(Don't want to jinx:duck:)

BanCricFan
think pilot is gonna get more aggresive now

but why? is this a ODI ?

Ejaj
Rahim is actualyl playing some bowlers who never even bowl much in their record.. So.. tehy are actualyl not even a part timer with the regualr team.
Ejaj, these are the same bowlers who gave our big shot batsmen a run for their money. Rahim parle ora parlo na keno ei durbol bowler der biruddhe?

I never qustion about Rahim's ability to graft the innings.. he is infact pretty good. I just thgouht.. playing agiants Non-part timers wont really show his battng skill. So.. cant compare. BTW.. yes. our regular batsman failed agiasnt these part timeers.. but.. that may be. .due to fact that .. they wanna hit them over. Certainly a bad approach from these regulars batsmen. BUt.. nonetheless.. it doenst prove much about Rahim's technical skill.

ManInBlack
50!!

Congratulations!!!!!! Rahim

Test Debut at Lords....Bring it on....

Locutus
Well done!

cricman
rahim instaed of enamual jr we need the bat
enamual can play at riverside

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 09:31 AM
Congrats Rahim The KID............... U realyl did great............ Would love to see u in the test team soon. :bravo::bravo:

abu_akif
May 22, 2005, 09:31 AM
Unbeleivable stuff.. This kid is amazing... After the failure of first young bunches we had 2-3 years back, I had the idea that we should not let any young kid in the test arena very soon.. But it seems, this lil man is ready..

Probably, a result of McInnes touches...

Rubu
May 22, 2005, 09:32 AM
quick poll those who wants rahim in the test team: how many innings of failure before you would want to through rahim out for someone else?

Answers:

second question, where is this mugical chair gonna teake us?

cricman
Mcinness was right all along

Warlock
We need him (Rahim) to administer some batting lessons to Ash. Particularly, how to not throw away his wicket everytime he is set.

reverse_swing
May 22, 2005, 09:33 AM
Rahim's FC career so far:

Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
5 9 3 333 111* 55.50 1 3 8 1

including this 52*

.:bravo:

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 09:33 AM
Khaled Mashud doing pretty well too!

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, this is the biggest partnership in the BD innings so far.

cricman
May 22, 2005, 09:34 AM
We need him (Rahim) to administer some batting lessons to Ash. Particularly, how to not throw away his wicket everytime he is set.

unbelivable we said the samething about bashar when ash was hitting 158*

Locutus
May 22, 2005, 09:35 AM
quick poll those who wants rahim in the test team: how many innings of failure before you would want to through rahim out for someone else? ...

hahah... Good One!

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 09:35 AM
quick poll those who wants rahim in the test team: how many innings of failure before you would want to through rahim out for someone else?

Answers:

second question, where is this mugical chair gonna teake us?

:d Dont get so desparate man. Rahim is really playing well and deserve a chance in the real game. Offcoarse.. Rajin is nto a bad player , but he just needs some more practice match to proof. BTW:. this si really a good competetion among our batters. Everyone should perform to keep a place inthe team.

cricman
May 22, 2005, 09:36 AM
r the white's brothers RA and AR

Ibrahim
Rahim : 57

ManInBlack
Mcinness shud be considered for our national team coach after Dav.

Ejaj
May 22, 2005, 09:37 AM
Mcinness was right all along

I always belived our ex-coach. So.. I hope this kid can really come up to his expectation.

Warlock

unbelivable we said the samething about bashar when ash was hitting 158*
That was Ash's one day in the sun.

mwrkhan
Northants are playing two part time off spinners against us. Look at their stats.

Navarene

I never qustion about Rahim's ability to graft the innings.. he is infact pretty good. I just thgouht.. playing agiants Non-part timers wont really show his battng skill. So.. cant compare. BTW.. yes. our regular batsman failed agiasnt these part timeers.. but.. that may be. .due to fact that .. they wanna hit them over. Certainly a bad approach from these regulars batsmen. BUt.. nonetheless.. it doenst prove much about Rahim's technical skill.
Please don't forget he averages +40 in FC and also a century in his belt. Since I assume you didn't watch Mushfiq playing in person, you shouldn't rush to judge his techniqal ability in terms of batting. He did splendidly good as a batter as an U-19 captain and also proving his ability to stay more time in wicket in english condition unlike our other master blasters. A flaw in technique wouldn't make him stay for long in the crease, IMHO.

Locutus
2 Whites are bowling for Northamptonshire!

Rubu
May 22, 2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by ManInBlack
Mcinness shud be considered for our national team coach after Dav.

u mean after pilot retires? :lol:

tansir
May 22, 2005, 09:38 AM
Apnara jara Rajin er stat niya kotha bolen tara doya kore Zim series bade Rajin er stat ta hishab koren. Ar England e eta i amader 1st tour. So, Rajin England e age ki korse tau hishab kora uchit. ICC Cham. Trophy te 3 ta ODI te Rajin er score koto? Rajin England er condition e pura clueless. Series by series amader team select korte hobe. Shobai ke ek i condition e suitable ta to na. Ar Rajin amon kisu i kore nai team e tar jaiga permanent. Fact holo, Cham Trophy er porei Rajin er ability niye proshno uthe.....Ind er 3rd ODI (a lost cause) and Zim series e tar jaiga tike thake. Akhon abar England Rajin tar form e ferot gese. Onno je keu jodi English condition e bhalo kore tahole take shujog deya uchit. Tar mane ei na je Rajin ke chirodin er moto baad dite hobe..........but England test e Rajin er jaiga houya uchit na.

TheWatcher
May 22, 2005, 09:39 AM
Whatmore said, after the way Mushfiq battled the last match, he does not see any problem letting him play in the Lord's test. I hope Whatmore knows what is he talking about. So, Agent, let it go, one test can't hurt Rahim or Rajin too much.

Warlock
May 22, 2005, 09:39 AM
Okay, I want another 50 for Pilot.