PDA

View Full Version : Day Nighters!

Sham
February 28, 2003, 02:57 PM
It sure seems like there is a huge advantage in batting first in a day/night game in SA at this time of the year. So far in five completed matches under lights, the team batting first has won four times. Looks like the SL-WI match is going that way too. Pakistan complained about batting under the lights against England after Anderson made use of the swinging conditions to rip through Pakistan. Then England complained after Nehra ripped through the England line-up under lights. I won't be surprised if WI complains as well after this match is over.

BD should join the bandwagon and claim that batting was impossible against Canada under lights. What the hell do we have to lose?

[Edited on 28-2-2003 by Sham]

James90
February 28, 2003, 03:13 PM
Yes definately

James90
February 28, 2003, 03:14 PM
The ICC will complain that Shoaib can score 40 under lights

Zobair
February 28, 2003, 05:19 PM
may be all the Bangladesh batsmen should try horizontal bat shots like Mr. Akhtar the other day...may be thats the only solutions ...hehe....we need to be really aggressive out there...no silly smiles out there...just grim faces boring down on the Kenyans....show them we mean business...fight it like death itself...yeah....:mad:

Tehsin
February 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
how come our players are so small ? I know we as bangladeshis are small in structure, but, they are athletes, shouldn't they atleast look bigger then general folks ? Whenever the match is on, it's pretty funny to look at this puny sized individuals. We are not imposing at all - our wrists do not have much power on them.

Look wise, if I am up against Ash raful or Hannan (chebla hashi) on one match and in the other, I'm up against Otieno or Odumbe, I'd be more respectful of Odumbe. That's how it is.

rafiq
February 28, 2003, 08:46 PM
we need more milk!!!

Sham
February 28, 2003, 09:41 PM
We don't have that mean streak. We just go out there, and whatever happens, we smile like idiots. I know this has been said before, but we need to start selecting players with mental strength rather than raw talent. Thats what Imran did with the Pakistanis through the 1980s. I have problems with that guy, but I admire him for what he did with the Pakistan team. I miss Moni in this world cup. That old man has a lot of heart.

shahid
March 1, 2003, 03:01 AM
The total intensity of the artifical lights isn't even 1% of the sunlight intensity, that's why the team batting second always has a problem under lights.

shahid
March 1, 2003, 03:02 AM
There shouldn't be any D/N games in WC.

samia
March 1, 2003, 05:48 AM
how come our players are so small ?

i was wondering the same thing...

Sham
March 1, 2003, 01:10 PM
Shahid, thats not quite true. Lighting in most grounds is very good. The problem is not with sighting the ball, but with the amount of swing under lights. In a lot of instances, there is better visibility under lights than during the day if its really overcast. Happens all the time in England.