PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread - BD vs ENG Test1, Lords

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:12 AM
Micheal holding said "NO TEAM EVER WON A TEST MATCH HAVING LOST 1 WICKET IN THE MATCH.....ENGLAND SHOULD TRY THIS."

Mridul
May 27, 2005, 06:13 AM
guys...where is everyone...i mean paltalk or bangla cricket chat room?

BioMEMS
May 27, 2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by yaseer
BOTHAM HAS JUST SAID " BANGLADESH IS NOWERE CLOSE TO TEST LEVEL"

THE comments has already started to come

Judging from past experience, we are the most shameless, thick-skinned and die-hard fans ever. I am sure a few comments won't hurt our feelings for long :D

yaseer
We need wickets.........
plz god help our bowlers........
Otherwise this is gonna very very embarassing.....

salin
Why you guys are so disappointed? Their dream has been fulfilled; finally they played at lords!!!!! :great::great::great:

Mridul
May 27, 2005, 06:16 AM
our bowling is really ordinary for this kind of condition

Mridul
May 27, 2005, 06:16 AM
lords deikha khela bhuila gese

PoorFan
May 27, 2005, 06:17 AM
No sign of any pressure on batsman.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:18 AM
THE HORROR........THE HORROR!!

Everything is going against us in this test.

In things continue to happen like this, then it may be the worst test ever for us.

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:19 AM
:(:(:(:( ar nite partesina..........
lunch er agey ekta wicket please...........

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:19 AM
Tresco shala 150 korlo!! :E

At least he didn't get any life :mad:

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 06:21 AM
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
ME Trescothick (LHB) 154 213 20 0 72.30

http://www.pixpond.com/may/Threscotic.bmp

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
THE HORROR........THE HORROR!!

Everything is going against us in this test.

In things continue to happen like this, then it may be the worst test ever for us.

Already our worst test...............ektai asha ache baki seta hocche 2nd innings...........
plz dont hope for anything better in the 2nd innings......there will be much more dissapointment waiting i think ........may be we will become 20/5.........then khaled mashud, rafique will carry it to 100-125...........

So, all in all..........gonna be the worst test surely

salin
:(:(:(:( ar nite partesina..........
lunch er agey ekta wicket please...........

apni ki koray vablen ora wicket nitay gaysay lords a, Ora gaysay wicket ditay.

aktu dhorjo dhoren ora abar daykiay daybay ki koray ijjot ditay hoy ha ha ha...

PoorFan
Commentators are complaining about fielding position. Where is Dav, is he listening to it?

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:23 AM
Seems that Vaughn wants his 100 before lunch :E

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:26 AM
Bowler ra mathe pochaitese............ar commentrator (Botham n Holding) ra commentry box e boise pochaitese...........................
it is very painful now.............

BioMEMS
I think they should just declare after Vaughan got his hundred. A lead of 250 is more than enough against our batsmen.

Flipper
Aftab On

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:30 AM
Finally Aftab has been brought to attack

BioMEMS
May 27, 2005, 06:30 AM
Bowler ra mathe pochaitese............ar commentrator (Botham n Holding) ra commentry box e boise pochaitese...........................
it is very painful now.............

Well you should hear Geoff Boycott 'praising' our effort on Channel 4. :embaressed:

Dhakablues
May 27, 2005, 06:33 AM
If they declare now,,, match can be over by tomorrow morning. Man,.. Simply we are exposed. We dont match up,,

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:34 AM
Vaughn haramzada century kolo shesh porjonto!!!!

He should personally thank Rafique and Hariharan for this century.

reverse_swing
May 27, 2005, 06:37 AM
They should declare now.Already enough runs. This is a great chance for them to finish this within today.

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 06:38 AM
Declare at lunch. Match will be over by today. Innings defeat, two days, one wicket. Wonderful.

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
If they declare now,,, match can be over by tomorrow morning. Man,.. Simply we are exposed. We dont match up,,

Tomorrow morning??? It will over by today dear

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 06:39 AM
Vaughn can go to Cardiff and watch his team Sheffield Wednesday play today just as he wanted.

Faisal
rajib er bowling dheika mone hoi chacha r moto speed.. lol vuya bowler.. tapos was much better!!!

Imtiaz
We are now paying for not taking Enamul. It is easy to get carried away with one spell of Anwar or Shahadat against part-timers. When chasing leather it does help with a bit of class.

I am probably in a minority of one in saying that I do not believe Dav is what he is cracked up to be. Even in this situation, I did not see even one attempt at a slower delivery, Rafique going over the wicket to the right hander or anything different. Bowling Aftab for longer spells. It is this lack of imagination which disappoints me. They have tried their hardest. The dropped catches would have helped, the two lbw decisions would also have helped. But my overwhelming impression is that we play according to formulas before a match with selection and during it with tactics. Everything is pre-ordained.

This notion that Lords does not help spinners is baffling. Go and ask Warne and Murali ! Good spinners can also bowl on pitches that are ideal for batsmen. Its called using your variations in flight.

And our best bowler is sitting in the pavillion !

Imtiaz
May 27, 2005, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Faisal
rajib er bowling dheika mone hoi chacha r moto speed.. lol vuya bowler.. tapos was much better!!!

All this 90 mph propaganda. Our speed guns are also "bhejal" like everything else.

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 11:41 AM GMT, by Imtiaz.

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:42 AM

You are right.......chahcha balls 75-77 mph............30%-40% of Rajib's ball was in that range................most importantly he has no control on his length and line........sudhu tapash na.........chachau test e rajib er chey bhalo

Duck
I think shumon bechara lost his Grey matters after the helmet-breaking_Mathar-khuli breaking bouncer in the practice match. I dont understand....when the frontline bowlers are out of line, why didnt he tried with Aftab, who is alowed to bowl only 2 overs!!! Cant get that!!

Yameen
too many dropped chances!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Imtiaz

All this 90 mph propaganda. Our speed guns are also "bhejal" like everything else.

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 11:41 AM GMT, by Imtiaz.

true.......He was simply overrated..................
kiser 90 mph..............regularly 80mph eu to ball korte pare na.................tau jodi line length thakto ball e.

Mridul
May 27, 2005, 06:45 AM
worst debut ever for any bangladeshi fast bowler.....

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 06:46 AM
I never got the impression that any of our fast bowlers were particularly quick. Even Murtaza does not look more than medium fast. They are all atleast a yard slower than the English bowlers.

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:47 AM
will they declare now? i think they will............for what they will carrry on? only one thing that can make tham batting it to get Ian Bell the batting practice........but for this one of them needs to get out...........which has no chance......and also what is the meaning of getting runs against this side? does it mean something to bell or England?............by taking these things to consideration they are gonna declare i thing

tansir
May 27, 2005, 06:48 AM
I don't know how to explain the pain. After seeing our players' performance I must admit that our game hasn't progressed a bit. All test teams tend to make mistakes only to amend them at some point in the game. In our case, we're just going along with humiliation. The batsmen're lacking the basic techniques and approach, and the bolwers're all pretty much ordinary. I know Dav's a high profile coach, but based on the performace I think we MUST have a change in that post. May be we should employ a low profile coach committed to basic-levels of the cricketers. The money saved in this way can be spent on specialized bowling and batting coaches. We're spending more than 100,000 US$ for one person only to see a performance resembling that of 1982 standard. It's not worth, simply not worth anymore. After playing at the highest level for more than 5 years it's not acceptable that a test team would score 108 on the very pitch where the opposition's simply piling on a run. We urgently need a reshuffle at the coaching stuffs or else we must admit that we don't deserve to be at test level and accept further humiliation. Dav may be high profile but it's performance that counts. When performance isn't there everyone goes for changes, it's normal.

Dhakablues
May 27, 2005, 06:50 AM
Its not Dav who decides how to use they bowlers..Its upto the captain. Bashar still doesnt know how to use his bowlers well. He did the same mistake against ZImbabwe when he allowed them to pile up runs. In this specific case,,, I would rather bring in Ashraful and Rafique.

Leaving out Tapash was a huge mistake for a test match,, for ODIs experiments are okay because its only 10 overs. Rajib never outshone Tapash in any serious match. Nor did Monir. Hope our batsmen shows better resolve in 2nd innings,, but an innings defeat looms..and we hope that English batsmen are not trying to go for highest score at lords competition. This whole Lords hoopla killed our colonial batsmen

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 06:51 AM
I am surprised that there hasn't been too many new threads today. Where is Lion_heart? or Lover something?

Duck
May 27, 2005, 06:51 AM
Got the news!!.....they are going to declare!:duck:_Pion......sad but true!

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
This whole Lords hoopla killed our colonial batsmen
Wel said

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by tansir
I I know Dav's a high profile coach, but based on the performace I think we MUST have a change in that post. May be we should employ a low profile coach committed to basic-levels of the cricketers.

Like Mohsin Kamal........???????
Not again plzzzzzzzzzz
no coach can solve our problem until we improve the domestic cricekt, first class pitches.........we need to create competition in our first class cricekt.........picnic mood cricket will result into this

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
I never got the impression that any of our fast bowlers were particularly quick. Even Murtaza does not look more than medium fast. They are all atleast a yard slower than the English bowlers.
Mashrafee is only as fast as McGrath, it's the minimum necessary speed for a good pacer.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 06:56 AM
This whole Lords hoopla killed our colonial batsmen
yeah :up:

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 11:58 AM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 06:57 AM
I saw the last one hour before the lunch and it is actuall the first time I am watching test cricket after 5/6 years. I have never seen such dominant batting over one hour of time. Our bowlers are so mediocore and I felt embrassed. We should give a good thought about whether we should continue playing test cricket.

Wish I can say like Chinaman "There is no shame in losing".

tansir
May 27, 2005, 06:58 AM
No no........I understand that having better infrastructure is a must. But just look at how our players especially batters are playing. Do you see any improvement or change in approach over the long period? Then what's the use of having a high profile coach? What he's teaching and what they're learning? Sumon's pulling at the 3rd ball he faced, Aftab's going for anything.......why the coach's there for? I ain't going for Mohsin Kamal either.......but what about Roy Dias? He changed Nepal from a new comer to BD-beater in 2 years.

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 07:00 AM
Mashrafee is only as fast as McGrath, it's the minimum necessary speed for a good pacer.

But he doesn't have the height or bounce of McGrath. Neither does he appear to get any movement in the air or off the seam. I thought he would do reasonably well in English conditions. He has not, either in the practice matches or in this test.

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:01 AM
if BD scores 500+ vaguhn will be ridiculed for therest of this year for delaring lets hope iqbal and omar start us off with a good partnership

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by cricman
if BD scores 500+ vaguhn will be ridiculed for therest of this year for delaring lets hope iqbal and omar start us off with a good partnership

500+ :D:D:D:P:P:P

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 07:04 AM

Lets hope it happens..............but practically speaking.................I think Bangladesh will be 20/4 in the 2nd innings..............can be worse as well

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:05 AM
What about 13/5?

cricman
i know i dreamt it last night

tansir
I'm having a feeling that Faruq & Co. is having the total control of team selection. There's no point of picking Monir in the 16 member team let alone in the playing 11. Having Aftab in the team Enam was a muct for the best 11. Rajib's really disappointing. But the selectors could easily give him more time by not selecting him in the playing 11 but for the squad. The way Rajib was performing with the A team, he could be more matured in 1/2 more years. But now, the selectors pushed him pre-maturely in the test team and I'm sure he'd be thrown away in wilderness only to break his confidence for good. If Dav's also part of this whimsical selection process he must leave before he's sacked. Everybody says that there's no alternative to experience in England, and in our case we're playinf with 2.5 debutants. Shame on our think-tank.

mwrkhan
How many think BD won't be able to score 100 in the second innings?

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:06 AM
after watching the redsox and liverpool anything is possible

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 12:06 PM GMT, by cricman.

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 07:06 AM
If BD can score even a 200, I will be happy. Confiance level is going down.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:07 AM
But he doesn't have the height or bounce of McGrath. Neither does he appear to get any movement in the air or off the seam. I thought he would do reasonably well in English conditions. He has not, either in the practice matches or in this test.
In this test, he bowled well except his first spell. If luck wasn't against him, and he received support from other bowlers, then his figures would look lot better.

He's definately not McGrath, and never will be. But he is good enough to get a place in any test team except Australia, England (and maybe South Africa, Pakistan)

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 12:08 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 07:08 AM
We took ONE wicket in 76 overs and they too ten in 40 overs!!

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 07:08 AM
UPDATE:

West Indies 345
Pakistan 22/0 (4.0 ov)

yaseer
May 27, 2005, 07:09 AM
What about 13/5?

Think the worst that can happen..........Bangladeshi batsman can prove you wrong by playing worse

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Flipper
UPDATE:

West Indies 345
Pakistan 22/0 (4.0 ov)
WTF?? :-/

Dhakablues
May 27, 2005, 07:12 AM
Sure hope so. I think they have to think,,, they did better against Australia and still english bowlers are not bowling bodyline either.Its not impossible to turn back ffom here..We have to show resolve, gutts and see the ball. Ashraful, Bashar, Mashud are not fluke batsmen each of them can score 50 runs atleast...but will they? We need our soldiers to fight back.

Every crisis creates a new hero.. Question is Who will it be for the tigers? Or....

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 07:13 AM
I think our batsmen - apart from their lack of height and their technical deficiencies - are also not especially cricket smart, seriously.

Spitfire_x86
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
If BD can score even a 200, I will be happy. Confiance level is going down.
me, too :up:

Dhakablues
Sure hope so. I think they have to think,,, they did better against Australia and still english bowlers are not bowling bodyline either.Its not impossible to turn back ffom here..We have to show resolve, gutts and see the ball. Ashraful, Bashar, Mashud are not fluke batsmen each of them can score 50 runs atleast...but will they? We need our soldiers to fight back.

Every crisis creates a new hero.. Question is Who will it be for the tigers? Or....

Flipper
UPDATE:

West Indies 345
Pakistan 22/0 (4.0 ov)
WTF?? :-/

This game seems more intriguing! That's the F!

Dhakablues
May 27, 2005, 07:16 AM

maksud
May 27, 2005, 07:24 AM
If results becomes like this

1WK =20WKs

Then it will be worst in test history. Thats why we should pray to get couple of wkts to save from total humilation.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:25 AM
Aftab is getting beaten, too.

Kopal karap hole ki ar kora.....

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:28 AM
if they dont declare at 400 mashrafe should aim for their heads

salin
May 27, 2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by maksud
If results becomes like this

1WK =20WKs

Then it will be worst in test history. Thats why we should pray to get couple of wkts to save from total humilation.

Good Equation!!! But a little Currection....
1WK = 20Wks is Wrong , it should be
1Wk>20Wks :duh:

ekatturerBangalee
May 27, 2005, 07:29 AM
Aamader uporae nichoy Allahír gozob porche.

Eto Bismillah, Inshallah, Subhanallah, koranSharif-er ayat diya ei thread-ta Suru koirao kono luv hoilo na.

Paanch-diner khela teen-dinai shesh koira dibo kaafir-er dol.

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:31 AM
why do i even bother

Sam
May 27, 2005, 07:31 AM
They will probably decl;are after scoring 400+ and remaining overs 50 overs to 'accomplish the mission".

salin
May 27, 2005, 07:33 AM
Why they are still batting? They can easily finish the test by 2 days... Then Why?

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 07:33 AM
I think our batsmen - apart from their lack of height and their technical deficiencies - are also not especially cricket smart, seriously.

Some people argue that shorter people can be better batsman compared to the taller ones. So height does not matter. Technique!!

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by salin
Why they are still batting? They can easily finish the test by 2 days... Then Why?
They want to prove why BD should not play test cricket.

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 07:35 AM
Yes Mash

Yameen
May 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
Vaughan out!!
Kowshik bowls an absolute beauty !!!!!! :great:

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 07:36 AM
:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

roaring_tiger
May 27, 2005, 07:38 AM
:joy::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

1 ta out hoise....may be the last good thing from this match..
Allah na koruk...

cricman
now get another one

Spitfire_x86
Allah, 2-3 wickets please!! Can't bear it anymore.

Isn't it worse than Multan (asian test championship), where 5 paki batsmen scored centuries against us?

areyoushpongled?
May 27, 2005, 07:39 AM
Mushrafe is class!!!

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:40 AM
Alhamdulliah!! For listening to my prayer!!!!

Mashree gets Vaughn, who should have got out way before!!!!!

81.5 Mashrafe Mortaza to Vaughan, OUT: gone! fantastic delivery,
slightly short, little bit of extra pace and reversing away a
touch, makes Vaughan play at it and produces a thin edge and the
keeper makes no mistake

:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag:

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:41 AM
were must string up a bunch of wickets now

little_master
May 27, 2005, 07:41 AM
we took enough wickets...:D
Time to hand over the ball to Rajib...
They need more rapid runs:-/

mahbubH
May 27, 2005, 07:42 AM
:)

roaring_tiger
May 27, 2005, 07:42 AM
great delivery....just watched it on
http://www.bangladeshlive.net/

masri why u take 2 days to ball such delivery...
do it once every over..please.....

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:43 AM
when you use CI and it doesent update for 30 sec that means its a wicket or a 6

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 07:44 AM
what is happennign with BD!
I am surprised to see the first Inning score!

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:46 AM
if they continue to bat and dont declare mashrafe will be the second bolwer to recrod 10W in a game

Ejaj
May 27, 2005, 07:47 AM
I really think now.. not having Jr was a big mistake from the selectors. OUr strength is in spin and we left out our match winner. Jr is a geneune match winner and he even showed his class in the ill fated match against Sussex when they tried to hit him hard. I am sure , Jr would have been much more effective than Anwar in this match.

Well.. whatever the performance from BD team, I just have only one sorrow feeling for them. They just didnt put up their best when it was required. I knew.. BD will have a torrid time when they will face England at Lords.... But.. I never thought that.. they would simply throw their wickets lke that. If they were OUT by some really good bowlings.. then.. I wouldnt really mind , even , BD score very poor. BUt.. this was surely not the case.

I really hope.. they can salvage some pride in the 2nd Innings.. although , i am quite afraid that. it will be similar to what we have seen in the 1st innings. I have such a low expectation from BD team.. and even that, BD players cant even fulfill. God Helps us.

cricman
May 27, 2005, 07:50 AM
how many of u guys think bell will be out for less than 10 runs?

reverse_swing
May 27, 2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Ejaj
God Helps us.

God helps those who help themselves,:)

salin
May 27, 2005, 07:51 AM
This is all happening because of Farukkkkkkkkayy........ This miniature type man destroyed our cricket.

I just don’t understand how he keeps his position so stable after so many failure of selecting the right team.

fat_bob
May 27, 2005, 07:51 AM
ok then...
what's been worse- the batting or the bowling?

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 07:52 AM
i think wat more or somebody from bd coaching stuff is on bbc..

AGC
May 27, 2005, 07:54 AM
OUT!

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 07:54 AM
Yes Rafique now:fire::fire::fire:

Sam
May 27, 2005, 07:55 AM
Mohammad Rafiq and Mashrafe, the only two world class bowlers we have are bowling now, but not too much of that effect (except Vaughn's wicket). But why?

Yameen
yesss tres is gone, good catch by pilot!!!!:joy:

cricman
Originally posted by akabir77
i think wat more or somebody from bd coaching stuff is on bbc..

hope he say's we suck and canplay better than this

areyoushpongled?
May 27, 2005, 07:56 AM

roaring_tiger
OUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Locutus
Magic of an armball

Spitfire_x86
how many of u guys think bell will be out for less than 10 runs?
Bell will score a century, however Tresco may not survive very long. And then Flinu and Bell will kill us together.....wait, wait.....we're already dead.

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 07:57 AM
Thorpe in!

Sam
May 27, 2005, 07:57 AM
Bell is still not settled and we should take his wicket soon before he settles down.

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 07:58 AM
86.1 Mohammad Rafique to Trescothick, OUT: got'm! slightly short and
turning away, Trescothick ends up with a thick edge trying to cut
it away, Mashud behind the stumps holds on wonderfully well to a
hard chance

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 07:58 AM
WOW!!!!! my prediction was so correct! Tresco Gone!!!!
3 down!

Alhamdulliah!!!

:fire::fire::fire:
:joy::joy::joy:

Sam
May 27, 2005, 07:59 AM
Wow, That's it. Just now I was complaining, here here's the result.
Alhamdulillah. Really Happy that Rafiq got him before scoring the double century.:fire::fire::great:
:fanflag:

cricman
May 27, 2005, 08:02 AM
my sorry

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 1:02 PM GMT, by cricman.

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 08:03 AM
http://www.pixpond.com/may/mash.bmp

salin
May 27, 2005, 08:05 AM
http://www.pixpond.com/may/mash.bmp

You can say this is tiger :cool:

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:06 AM
Hey Flipper, please post JPEG pictures instead of uncompressed BITMAP

Sam
May 27, 2005, 08:08 AM
Bhayera amar, ektu nore chore boshun. Garam chaer cup-e chumuk diye montake changa kore nin. Amra abar khelay phire ashte shuru korechi.

reverse_swing
May 27, 2005, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Amra abar khelay phire ashte shuru korechi.

:-/

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Bhayera amar, ektu nore chore boshun. Garam chaer cup-e chumuk diye montake changa kore nin. Amra abar khelay phire ashte shuru korechi.
kon khelay? bedhorok pituni khaoar khelay? :-/

salin
May 27, 2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Sam

Ha vai oi akta kaji amra baysh pari... Boisha boisha cha kahowa ar adda mara.. ar nijeder tiger bolay dabi kora.... ai tiger namta kay diayasilo kub jantay issa koray.........

Sam
May 27, 2005, 08:14 AM
Bell started gaining the confidence, he started smashing also.

ekatturerBangalee
May 27, 2005, 08:20 AM
This is all happening because of Farukkkkkkkkayy........ This miniature type man destroyed our cricket.

I just don’t understand how he keeps his position so stable after so many failure of selecting the right team.

I agree. This "Faruk" guy should be BOOTED OUT! Period!

We should have Taposh instead of Munir and Enamul instead of Rajiv. What a goof off

:mad::mad::mad:

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:21 AM
Another DROP catch!!!!!!!

:E :E :E :E

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 08:21 AM
ash dropped!

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 08:22 AM
dropppppppppppppppppppppp

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:22 AM
Anwar is on, mashrafee gets break

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 08:23 AM
yeah in the middle of the game its easy to say who is doing well who is not...

anyway another runout and catch dropped(ash)--4 catches down now.,:mad::mad:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:28 AM
what ever happend to Rajib

Flipper
Man, the importance of singles can be learned from these two!

Sam
Originally posted by Sam
kon khelay? bedhorok pituni khaoar khelay? :-/
Is it not way much better than 500+/1, that what I mean.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Logen
Shahadat ei matcher jonno Shahadat boron korechen

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 08:33 AM
Shahadat ei matcher jonno Shahadat boron korechen

:lol:

PoorFan
May 27, 2005, 08:40 AM
What's wrong with Bangladeshlive? They are showing movie now!

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:41 AM
yea
I thought it was only me!

Sam
Another partnership is growing :duh:

Bangla amar Maa
ki khobor shobar ? Arekta innings defeat khawar jonney touri hou .................. England won by an innings and 350 + runs ............... looooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllll

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 1:43 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.

imran78
May 27, 2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
What's wrong with Bangladeshlive? They are showing movie now!

they gave up on the match and stopped showing it..lol

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:44 AM
urrrrrrrrrrr!

ekatturerBangalee
May 27, 2005, 08:46 AM
We were 30 for no loss and then added only 78. Pathetic!

If England declares before lunch, they may finsh us up by today.
Scary!

Sam
May 27, 2005, 08:47 AM
Vaughn kripa kore declare dey ni, jate khela dui dine shesh na hoye 3rd day-te shesh hoi. ;)

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:51 AM
Bangladeshlive logo says "The Place Where Bangladesh Is Alive"!!!! Now it doesnot seem like it. They are playing an English movie!

Dhakablues
May 27, 2005, 08:51 AM
One learning from this test: Dont drop proven players to make way for 'youth'. Not always do we need 'new talents' when the talent is a mere show of few performances. We need to develop talents contrary to throwing them in 'three lions' den.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 08:52 AM
Monir has scored his century, too.

Compared to Rajib, his century was much slower. He took 18 overs, while Rajib took only 12.

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 08:52 AM
the bbc com r saying rafiq looks like small inzamam!!!:P

ekatturerBangalee
May 27, 2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Dhakablues
One learning from this test: Dont drop proven players to make way for 'youth'. Not always do we need 'new talents' when the talent is a mere show of few performances. We need to develop talents contrary to throwing them in 'three lions' den.

Very WELL said!
Now, will our SELECTORS like FARUK give a damn?:mad:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:53 AM
Very true! I can't believe the selectors didn't pick Toposh!

Sam
May 27, 2005, 08:54 AM
100 overs are over, 476 runs. :embaressed:

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 08:58 AM
Anothe Bad call by Hariharan!

:E :E :E

akabir77
LBW-not out

PoorFan
101.6 Anwar Hossain Monir to Thorpe, no run, full in length, Thorpe gets
hit on the pad trying to work it away on the leg side, loud appeal
for lbw turned down, looked mighty close

Hariharam again???

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 08:59 AM
shouldn't it be LBW= out!

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:00 AM
101.6 Anwar Hossain Monir to Thorpe, no run, full in length, Thorpe gets
hit on the pad trying to work it away on the leg side, loud appeal
for lbw turned down, looked mighty close

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:01 AM
it was out!! channel 4 guys said it was out..... unlucky anwer!

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:02 AM
well, reply shows also it was out!!! stupid indian umnpair@@

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:02 AM
Bell scored the fifty. Congrats, Bell. But wish you get out soon.

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:03 AM
Anwar is trying his best to get the first ever test wicket in his career.

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:03 AM
wat's wrong with bdlive ??? Why they r showing movie now ?? :yawn:

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:04 AM
Hariharan wants to act smart to please the English side :lol:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:07 AM
Sorry but maybe he got the beer treatment!

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:07 AM
Anowar Hussain Monir is shown as RMF. Is he faster than Mashrafe, who is RFM?

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 09:08 AM
BBC Com says it was out.. the indian CHu....aa shala

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 09:09 AM
4 catch dropped
2 runout missed
2 indian bad (usual) ump decision
a lot of miss fieldings....

what else

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:10 AM
is there any update for the match ??? wat is the score ??

Locutus
click on http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4578019.stm#

PoorFan
Hariharan trying to act like a cool, but making decision like a fool.:mad::E

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:12 AM
tea!

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:14 AM
how long the match will be played today ?

arafath79
TEA BREAK ?

Locutus
another 30 overs remaining

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 09:15 AM
30 overs left

Locutus
you can listen live on BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4578019.stm#

arafath79
another 30 overs remaining

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:16 AM
It's tea now. One or two more overs after tea, the declaration is expected having a lead of 400 runs.

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:16 AM
do u guys think England will put Bangladesh for batting today ? is there any chance of dat ?

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 2:17 PM GMT, by arafath79.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:17 AM
Tea.......20 minutes break from torture and pain

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 09:18 AM
i think they will

arafath79
Bangladesh shoul bat well in the second innings. Coz the wicket has become batting track now.

Locutus
I don't think any declaration will be happening today! Since this is Bell's 2nd game. They want to give this guy a chance to play a long Innings!

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 2:20 PM GMT, by Logen.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by arafath79
do u guys think England will put Bangladesh for batting today ? is there any chance of dat ?
they should....but can't say they will. things are so different in this test.......

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:19 AM
Today bangladeshlive bhai is brodacasting from the website nicely. No buffering problem. Wat happened to him ??/ I really wanna see bd batting !!!!!

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:20 AM
they probably will be back after the tea! They might be having some problem

mwrkhan
May 27, 2005, 09:20 AM
It's clear England are using this test for batting practice. I am sure they could have declared soon after lunch and bowled us out today if they wanted to. We are the Sussex 2nd XI as far as England are concerned....practice match.

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:21 AM
they should....but can't say they will. things are so different in this test.......

hmm......

Mr-khan
May 27, 2005, 09:22 AM
Jara 4th days ar ticket kinse ora akhon kantase.:P

akabir77
May 27, 2005, 09:23 AM
but looks/sound like they will continue batting...

Locutus
I don't think anyone bought 4th days tickets. People knew the game should be over by 3rd day. looks like it will happen

Faisal
channel 4 showing bangladesh test win against zim and diiscussing about it with sariful how hira!

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by mr-khan
They're morons, and I have no sympathy for them. They deserve it. :P

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:25 AM
They're morons, and I have no sympathy for them. They deserve it. :P

good one:up:

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:25 AM
bd will make 400, just watch:P:fanflag:

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:26 AM
Let them continue batting, but try to control the runrate.

Faisal
well, we still have chance to draw the match!! so shut up!!

Locutus
should I laugh!? or should I be confident!

akabir77
Bangladesh shoul bat well in the second innings. Coz the wicket has become batting track now.

It was a batting track from the first day but still we scored 108... when u r captain tryes to hook a off-side ball far from him when he is faceing 3rd ball then it doen't matter whether its a batting pitch or bowling or a grave yard.....:mad:

PoorFan
May 27, 2005, 09:27 AM
bd will make 400, just watch:P:fanflag:
Including 2nd test?:)

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:28 AM
look guys, this is cricket!!! u never know wut happen.... who knwos if we cud bat 2 days we can draw this match... we just need to stay in wickter thats all.. good luck!!:up:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:28 AM
hahahah!

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:29 AM
Hopefully it starts rainning from nowhere!

Mr-khan
May 27, 2005, 09:29 AM
lol..nijeke nije vorosa diye lav nai.apner 49 dollar age e loss:lol:

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:30 AM
im sure, we will draw this match!!! cud u stop laughing.. or g go away why u keep watching the game then , if u think we going to lose? nyways... i still think we can bat rest of the day!! and draw this match!!! :fanflag:

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by akabir77

It was a batting track from the first day but still we scored 108... when u r captain tryes to hook a off-side ball far from him when he is faceing 3rd ball then it doen't matter whether its a batting pitch or bowling or a grave yard.....:mad:

but there is no hard bounce and swing at the moment which will help bd batsmen to bat well in the second innings.

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:31 AM
lol..nijeke nije vorosa diye lav nai.apner 49 dollar age e loss:lol:

listen bro, $49 nothing.... bd palying thats the big thing!! and we r not going to lose this match... dun worry!!

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:31 AM
Play resumed!

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:32 AM
497/3

Faisal
May 27, 2005, 09:33 AM
jabed will make 100,bashar 50, asfraful 140, rahim 70, rafiqe, 60, masrafee 40, tottal 580/8

match draw!!!!!

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:35 AM
500 up for England! :joy: :joy: :joy:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:35 AM
Rafique 200 with 150strike rate

Sam
May 27, 2005, 09:36 AM
And itís 500 in 107 overs. May be declaration will be after 508 runs i.e. with a 400-runs lead?

arafath79
May 27, 2005, 09:37 AM
:fire:500

Faisal
i have a feeling, bd er keo doubole century korbe!!!

Locutus
I don't think it will happen today!

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:38 AM
Edited on, May 27, 2005, 2:39 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Reason: deleted

mwrkhan
Issshhh!! Der diner bhetor 400 run lead.

arafath79
Shadat Hossain mone hoy 200 korbr 2nd innings a!:rolleyes:

salin
I think their target is 1000 run, may be more who knows

Sam
Aftab has come back. He usually comes before a break, is it the real break (declaration)?

Mr-khan
I have a feeling.Ash will break Lara's record and Mash will get his carriers 1st 100.

tansir
May 27, 2005, 09:39 AM
Monir, Aftab, Rajib........shob koitai to dekhi hoi no ball kore naile leg e ball dai. Foul gular basic i thik nai....:(

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:39 AM
Edited on, May 27, 2005, 2:41 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Reason: deleted

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:40 AM
I think their target is 1000 run, may be more who knows

Not a joke! It is possible since 3 days and 28+ overs left

Faisal
i think bashar will make 200 and ash will make 300, and pilot will make 99

Mr-khan
ICC will change our schedule.We should prepare for Namibia tour.

tansir
May 27, 2005, 09:41 AM
cricinfo te Aftab ke dekhaitese LB bowler :P

Sam
I have a feeling.Ash will break Lara's record and Mash will get his carriers 1st 100.
If someone does, it may not be Ash, but Mushfiq, I believe.:D

Locutus
ICC will change our schedule.We should prepare for Namibia tour.

We probably lose to those guys as well!

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 09:42 AM
Issshhh!! Der diner bhetor 400 run lead.
Ar koto ki je dekha je baki ache.....

tansir
May 27, 2005, 09:42 AM
Akhon JO o misfielding shuru korse.........ar baki ta thakbe ki?? Jama kapor khuila nise......last of nengti tau nibe?? :duh:

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:43 AM

ICC doesn't know much about BD! They probably never heard of Aftab before this series

imtiaz82
i think bashar will make 200 and ash will make 300, and pilot will make 99

I agree, I foresee this too. In addition I think Rajib is going to take double hattrick in one over.

So England all out for around 530sh.., Bangladesh will make 900+ in second innings. Then England in second innings will be 0 allout due to to fall of 10 wicks in 10 balls.

One of the greatest victory in test match cricket :fanflag:

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 2:43 PM GMT, by nayeem007.

Spitfire_x86
Maybe Aftab is bowling Leg Break instead of Right Arm Medium :P

Locutus
May 27, 2005, 09:44 AM
England will need new stumps because Rajib will break all of them!

Mr-khan
May 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yes!! He can..He is faster than Shoaib:mad:

bd_cricket
May 27, 2005, 09:46 AM
ora joto derite declare kore toto bhalo - greater chance of going into 4th day.

Won't we win this test if we could take this to 4th day?

Mr-khan
110.1 Mohammad Rafique to Thorpe, FOUR, short and wide, Thorpe gets more
than enough time to lean back and cut it away to the cover
boundary, easy runs
:up:

Locutus
lets see about avg of 100 mph

tansir
May 27, 2005, 09:47 AM
Rajib er career tai shesh koira dilo Faruiqyaaaa. Aro ektu time diya mature koira team e nile ei situation hoito na. Tar favorite bowler hoilo Alamgir Kabir ar Moni...........joto foul bowler ase shob gula......even Chacha would've been far better than Monir :E

Locutus
that was close of Rafique!

cricman
england is running the risk of darwing this match cause it might rain in the 4th day

salin
May 27, 2005, 09:48 AM

amra akanay bosay ato vul boktesi..... akbar vaben jara staydium boshay kayla dayksay tader ki obostha. ar jara khaylsay tader obosthata akbar vaben.....:great::great::great:

Locutus
it doesn't matter. England need a good 25 overs to bowl. With that they will blow bd away!

PoorFan
And new helmets!

reverse_swing
May 27, 2005, 09:49 AM

According to Cricinfo our Shahadat is Right-arm medium-fast. More appropriate I think.

cricman
109.6 Aftab Ahmed to Bell, no run, faint edge, dropped by the keeper, not
an easy take

Mr-khan
Rajib re nia kew baje kotha bolben na:E..speedgun a error chilo ar na hoile ajke e 100 mph ar record ta venge felto.

tansir
Bring in Tapash in place of Rajib and Enam in place of Monir. That should be the 2nd test team.

Locutus
Bell and Thorpe are on fire! Four after Four now!
England will decleare after Bell scores the ton!

Spitfire_x86
100 partnership up for Bell - Thorpe :bravo:

cricman
May 27, 2005, 09:50 AM
r there any streakers running on the field? that will bring some life into the match

bd_cricket
May 27, 2005, 09:50 AM
run out chance