PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League-The Big Night-Final: Liverpool Vs AC Milan.

bdmoderator
May 25, 2005, 01:05 PM
Today is the big night for the European Football where Liverpool meeting AC Milan in Istanbul, Turkey. I am supporting Liverpool today. What about you???

reverse_swing
May 25, 2005, 03:15 PM
Liverpool scored three times in seven second half minutes to come back from 3-0 down in a thrilling final.Can't beleive this.

:great:

samircreep
May 25, 2005, 03:43 PM
this is unbelievable. is this really happening?goodness. i've never seen a match like this before...

reverse_swing
May 25, 2005, 03:47 PM
Extra time now. Well for the 13th time in this competition's 50-year history, the final goes into extra time.

Akib
May 25, 2005, 05:08 PM
WHAT A MATCH!!!!

Liverpool win in the penelty shootouts.

x: miss, 1:score

AC Milan x x 1 1 x
Liverpool 1 1 x 1

ialbd
May 25, 2005, 05:21 PM
Yup, The REDS are the new European Champions and all those miracles did take place....

For people who watched the match:

Earlier today couple of my friends were talking about Liverpool's 'Destiny' that has been working for them throughout the tourney. I didnt bother asking any details.

But whatever that 'Destiny' factor was this is truly miraculous. Pulling 3 goals from 3-0 down (including a rebound penalty), toying with Milan's defence (arguably the best among the clubs), some supernatural off the line saves from Dudek, thwarting Milan's frantic attacks with ease (after the 1st half) and finally outplaying Milan in the shoot-out (with shevchenko & Nesta missing). Thats a lot for a game, but I guess it was all destined. I understood what my friends were talking about.....

For those who didnt catch the game live (football fans):
You have really missed sth.

P.S: Liverpool won 3-2 on penalty shoot-outs after the game ended 3-3 on regular + extra time.

Edited on, May 25, 2005, 10:36 PM GMT, by ialbd.
________
Hash (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)

Sami
May 25, 2005, 05:22 PM
Absolutely brillinat match!!! The whole liverpool team played awesome... steven gerarrd led by example... all the way...

mahbubH
May 25, 2005, 05:28 PM
great match. Almost stop watching the second half. What a come back!

Akib
May 25, 2005, 08:02 PM
Its too bad they will not be back next year to defend their title as they were 5th in their English Primiership. Only top 4 goes through.

qwert
May 25, 2005, 08:08 PM
that was a great match.:joy:

Sami
May 26, 2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by aka
Its too bad they will not be back next year to defend their title as they were 5th in their English Primiership. Only top 4 goes through.

UEFA might allow liverpool to defend their title. decision comes out in a week.

Sami
May 26, 2005, 07:25 PM
... and gerrard may stay back in Liverpool. fans keep ur fingers crossed.

Banglatiger84
May 27, 2005, 05:00 AM
Great comeback by Liverpool.

AC milan won in 2003 through penalties, Shevchenko scoring the winning penalty, how times change!

Personally, I felt Gerrard dived, and for at least 2 of AC Milans penalties, Dudek was way off the line which is clearly against the rules

bdmoderator
May 27, 2005, 05:28 AM
LIVERPOOL is The New UEFA Champions League Winner.