PDA

View Full Version : Please remove the religious statements from the match thread

say
May 26, 2005, 11:23 PM
The very first thing that I noticed in the current match thread is a religious phrase. This is unfair to everyone except the Islamic-religious minded. I understand this was probably done with the best intensions - but it is disrespectful to other religions and non-believers. I am respectfully requesting to remove the religious phrases from the very first post of the match thread. BanglaCricket Forum is not only for Muslims but for everyone. In addition, this is a violation of BanglaCricket board rule B-3.

Flipper
May 27, 2005, 12:07 AM
I see your point! At the same time, I think this fan is a religious guy, and it's important for him to go into the match with his belief. I don't see he challanges anyone's beliefs here. If a believer of another religion wanted to start his thread with his belief, I wouldn't have had any problem with that either.

I think if people from other religions like to add their prayers, they should add it to the thread as well.

tiger_man
May 27, 2005, 12:10 AM
can you please explain why the religious phrase should be removed???

because you are respectfully offending me and fellow muslim who visit this site......

ok, maybe going to mosque in bangladesh and new york may seem offending to you coz they are secular countries just like this secular website????

if practising religion seems unfair to you.....bad luck to you my friend!!

Bangla amar Maa
May 27, 2005, 12:15 AM
So praying for Bangladesh cricket team not gonna make any difference as we all know that ......... They have to loose for sure ....

al Furqaan
May 27, 2005, 12:52 AM
to hell with religion...we are all better off without all these stupid rules about lying, cheating, stealing, killing.

ppl do this things anyways and all it does is fill our jails.

BanglaCool
May 27, 2005, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by say
The very first thing that I noticed in the current match thread is a religious phrase. This is unfair to everyone except the Islamic-religious minded. I understand this was probably done with the best intensions - but it is disrespectful to other religions and non-believers. I am respectfully requesting to remove the religious phrases from the very first post of the match thread. BanglaCricket Forum is not only for Muslims but for everyone. In addition, this is a violation of BanglaCricket board rule B-3.

If being a believer is a disrespect to non-believer than the belief of a non-believer is also a disrespect to the believer. The point is he just wished help from God, the way 90% of all bangladeshi cricket supporters would.
"BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHIM

BISMILLAHI MAZREHA WA MURSAHA INNA RABBILA
GAFURUR RAHIM"
If this has to be banned from saying in public then Bangladesh Biman Airlines the national carrier would disallowed to fly all over the world. So, please show respect to other religions including islam and if you hate it, then try to learn something about islam because it means peace.

Rule B-3 says:
"Avoid posting pictures wider than 600 pixels. Put at least one "space" after 10 consecutive emoticons. (Preserve forum look and feel)"
I dont know how this relates to the topic.

Peace.

shaoun
May 27, 2005, 12:58 AM
its ok by putting the name of Allah in the match thread. if there are people in another religion they can also put lines from their holy book, bangladesh is a country where muslims, hindu, christian and many oteher religions people live side by side. nothing wrong with a little preyer for our team in any religion.

amim
May 27, 2005, 01:30 AM
I read from The Hindu Newspaper .... if any of the muslim players are selected to play for World XI against Australia it's not mandatory for them to wear sponsor's ( Johnnie Walker is the sponsor) logos.

Even ICC is respectful of religion. So whoever is requesting it to be removed should keep his thoughts to himself. It's fine to be a Bangladeshi and living overseas and make outrageous statements but the fact is Bangladesh is a predominantly Muslim country with 88% Muslims.

Islam is our state religion ( by the way the right wing coalition that leads the government was voted into power and they have the support of 2 islamic parties).

However cricket is just a game. Whether we can beat England in Cricket is not the issue. You can pray or make dua for players to succeed but it;s important to understand what Islam stands for.

I would not make dua for BD team against England because it's a game invented by the british and we haven't mastered it well enough yet to beat them in their back yard.

I would rather pray for Pakistan when they play against England this November because they can beat england if they play to their potential.

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 6:31 AM GMT, by amim.

Sauron
May 27, 2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by say

I think you are taking it a little too seriously.

But I agree 100% with you.

It is fine if an individual posts his positive religious beliefs and wishes. <b>If the same post was the second post of that thread, then I do not think any one can legitimately object. But this particular post is the start of a thread that is NOT specific to a person's opinion. It is a thread meant to be for ALL Bangladeshis (and others) discussing a Bangladesh cricket match. </b>

I liked the match thread from the olden days when it started with match and coverage related info e.g. venue, time, audio/video coverage etc.

<font size=+1 color="navy">ATTN: Moderators and BC management</font>
I think it would be a good idea to reserve the match thread starters for BC mods only, and in a specific format that looks professional and is helpful. Also, the match thread shouldn't start a day before the match ... rather an hour or so prior to the match - may be when toss and team is known. As BC grows and more non-Bangladesh persons visit this forum, this change is due. It will only make BC look more professional and a forum in the truest sense of that word.

For fellow muslim brothers that feels like jumping on me, pls do not bother.

Edited on, May 27, 2005, 6:43 AM GMT, by Sauron.

Spitfire_x86
May 27, 2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by say
The very first thing that I noticed in the current match thread is a religious phrase. This is unfair to everyone except the Islamic-religious minded. I understand this was probably done with the best intensions - but it is disrespectful to other religions and non-believers.
Why disrespectful? He didn't ask non-muslims to beleive in his posted religious phrases.

I am respectfully requesting to remove the religious phrases from the very first post of the match thread. BanglaCricket Forum is not only for Muslims but for everyone. In addition, this is a violation of BanglaCricket board rule B-3.
BanglaCricket board rule B-3 says,

"Avoid posting pictures wider than 600 pixels. Put at least one "space" after 10 consecutive emoticons. (Preserve forum look and feel)"

:P

PoorFan
May 27, 2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Sauron
....I liked the match thread from the olden days when it started with match and coverage related info e.g. venue, time, audio/video coverage etc.

<font size=+1 color="navy">ATTN: Moderators and BC management</font>
I think it would be a good idea to reserve the match thread starters for BC mods only, and in a specific format that looks professional and is helpful. Also, the match thread shouldn't start a day before the match ... rather an hour or so prior to the match - may be when toss and team is known. As BC grows and more non-Bangladesh persons visit this forum, this change is due. It will only make BC look more professional and a forum in the truest sense of that word.
I think there are some points to be taken as note for better interest of this forum. However some members may feel excited or enjoy opening a match thread by himself, could be a better idea in a sense of direct participation to this forum. But ofcourse it should be in a specific guideline and format.

Mueid
May 27, 2005, 02:31 AM
i dont see anything wrong in starting a match thread with 'bismillah". the member who opened the thread, opened it the way he thought would be best---by taking God's name (who he believes in). He dint offend or disrespect any other religion, did he?

PoorFan
May 27, 2005, 02:37 AM
Nothing wrong with that thread, people are talking about better regulations/manners/guideline and format, that's all.

reverse_swing
May 27, 2005, 07:18 AM
For non believers that religious statement has no meaning. I donít think any real atheist would mind that. They simply donít bother.For non muslims here is one example. In US you have holidays for X-mas and Easter but not a single holiday for other religious believers. But it does not make others offensive. You know what I mean.

My assumption about this thread is for some of you this religious statement may be sounded political. After all there are still some blind political followers in our generation. From my observation I can tell you our young generations are not like us. Only thing they know is Bangladesh.

Edited on, May 29, 2005, 6:26 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

tiger_man
May 31, 2005, 07:15 PM
islam is the majority in bangladesh, lets face it......

there cannot be be no fault in making religious statements due to:

1. the guy is simply well wishing the team

2. he didnt swear, abuse, mock any religion.....

if say finds that offensive, its funny he didnt fill up this whole forum with number of other things (stealing, killing etc) that everyone would actually find offensive.....

this is how religious tension start....one group starts to pick on the other for no reason...

Orpheus
June 1, 2005, 04:04 PM
Don't you guys have anything better to do??? Ajaira jinish niye je keno eto kotha... Allahi jaane!!!!

akabir77
June 1, 2005, 04:37 PM
Oh USA $ ar upor Only god in we trust lekhley kono oshubidha nai khali threader prothom line ey shomosha money hoy apner onno jaygay shomosha dhormo na...

Ishtylish cricketer
June 15, 2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by reverse_swing
For non believers that religious statement has no meaning. I donít think any real atheist would mind that. They simply donít bother.For non muslims here is one example. In US you have holidays for X-mas and Easter but not a single holiday for other religious believers. But it does not make others offensive. You know what I mean.

My assumption about this thread is for some of you this religious statement may be sounded political. After all there are still some blind political followers in our generation. From my observation I can tell you our young generations are not like us. Only thing they know is Bangladesh.

Edited on, May 29, 2005, 6:26 PM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Although I agree with you but I must say the person could have used a general term like "may our prayers be with the players rather than Bismillah" since Bangladesh is a democratic country everyone has rights to voice their opinion so the person who started this thread should not be intimited by anyone's comment nor should the guy who said "bismillah" should have to worry about his post being deleted... I understand both of their points and they are both right
The person who started this topic feels that this is a cricket site no reference to god of any religion should be made and the guy who simply wished bd team good luck saying "Bismillah" but to be POLITICALLY CORRECT HE or SHE SHOULD HAVE SAID " may god/our prayers be with the team"... something like that. It would have avoided any misunderstanding.

This is why I never talk about religion. Religion to was created to unite people but nowadays in the world it divides lot of people even within the religion itself let this be a good lesson for us.