PDA

View Full Version : Kenya is almost in Semi Final

bd_cricket
March 4, 2003, 12:42 PM
Kenya is topping the point table of pool B qualifying
teams - They won against other two qualifiers (SL and NZ-technically) and carried 4 points for each win and also won two matches (Ban & Can)
against the non-qualifiers and carried 1 point each for those. Here is the point table:
Pool A:

Aus 12
Ind 8
Zim 3.5

Pool B:

Ken 10
SL 7.5
NZ 4

So NZ or Zim are far behind than Kenya. Even if Kenya loses all three of their matches in Super Six - NZ and Zim need at least two wins in their matches in super six to cross Kenya's point - which could be difficult. In that case Kenya will be playing semi-final.
Can you believe that?

Shubho
March 4, 2003, 01:28 PM
...maybe they can spring another surprise, and go on to win the whole thing. Who cares? Bangladesh is out, it doesn't matter any more.

Banglatiger84
March 4, 2003, 02:04 PM
I am sure that beating sri lanka bangladesh and canada doesnt make a team good enough to be in semi finals.

If they had beaten the windies i wudnt be saying this.

The world cup rules are all screwed up big time.

And guess what, if there is a washout in a semi final between nz or sri lanka, kenya may go to the final.

Somethigns needs to be done about washouts.

Tehsin
March 4, 2003, 02:19 PM
Shubho summed it up but still, the rules are useless.

just to reitterate (sp) - Bangladesh is out, who cares.

rafiq
March 4, 2003, 11:15 PM
I think cricket rules in general suck. Rain seems to be as important as batting or bowling or fielding. SO what if they postpone a match and play a few overs on a rain date. Conditions may be different but so what? SOuth Africa not moving through is a travesty.

Instead of worrying too much about kenya and the world cup rules, what can we do to better bangaldeshi cricket?

has anyone died yet back home over this?