PDA

View Full Version : Next series of Bangladesh

bd_cricket
March 4, 2003, 03:03 PM
Bangladesh is going to Pakistan in September
And Australia is coming to Bangladesh in October.
England is coming to Bangladesh in December.

So we have enough time to forget everything and try to improve by all means with good planning.

DOORBIN
March 4, 2003, 03:42 PM
bd_cricket,

I am a bit surprised to see this schedule. I was pretty sure Bangladesh was coming to Australia in July. Please re-confirm.

Thanks

Nasif
March 4, 2003, 06:17 PM
bd_cricket: your schedule is wrong. Bangladesh is going to Aus in Jun/Jul.

Heres the cricinfo schedule (http://www-usa.cricket.org/link_to_database/FORTHCOMING/)

fwullah
March 5, 2003, 05:33 AM
South Africa is coming to Bangladesh in April - which is not on the Cricinfo schedule. But that would hardly make any difference.

The only difference that we could make is make the wickets really turning and slow - in which case South Africa will be pretty scared - provided that our leg spinners bowl well; but it will also force us to go backwards instead of going forward.

On the other hand, if the wickets are somehow turned into real jucy lively paced hard and fast wickets, then South Africa will thrash us.

Asia Cup was supposed to be held in Bangladesh - but it probably won't be because of some timing problem, Sri Lanka was the other likely venue for holding the Asia cup - when are they going to hold this tournament?

In the Asia cup, since most of our players will be young (Ashraful - Kapali), and will have no experience of playing India Pakistan much, so Bangladesh will perform badly in those matches against big teams, but there is a hope then that Bangladesh will also have to face United Arab Emirates and Nepal - two LIKELY wins for Bangladesh (I am saying LIKELY - NOT CERTAIN - may be we will lose to these two sides as well).

shahid
March 5, 2003, 05:38 AM
Nepal has qualified for 2005 asia cup. For the 2003 Asia cup, UAE and Hong Kong have qualified and we can beat both of them.

fwullah
March 5, 2003, 12:20 PM
But when and where will this 2003 Asia Cup be held?

bd_cricket
March 5, 2003, 01:43 PM
I quoted those schedules from cricinfo website - So they are wrong there- or the chedule has been changed?

bd_cricket
March 5, 2003, 01:56 PM
Nasif, the link you sent doesn't say about the Aus tour on June/July.

Tehsin
March 5, 2003, 03:29 PM
And you wonder why we call BCB useless. Ask the president himself and he'll give you a blank stare.

For the love of god, doesn't the country's PM have any responsibility as well ? It's bad enough that they can't do anything for the country but can they atleast kick this lobbiest out of office ? However, he did make himself usefull by giving one of the 'royal' family members an important job in BCB. That may have sealed his seat, guess there's nothing we can do about it.

Going back to schedules, how hard is it to keep a website ? I'd do it for free if they approach me, however, there are millions of jobless graduates back home who can earn a decent living by getting the job as the webmaster for BCB. Then, they can post a weekly update, an official schedule and what not. *sigh*. Trust me, if they can get a sponsor for the site, they'll have enough money to run the site.