PDA

View Full Version : BD - Ind - SA Tri series

shahid
March 5, 2003, 08:36 PM
Does anyone know about the BD - Ind - SA tri series. This is going to be held in April 2003 in Dhaka when SA tour BD and nothing about this series is available on CricInfo. I think BD can win 1 match in this series.

Tehsin
March 5, 2003, 08:38 PM
Pilot mentioned the BD vs SA home series in April/May. So, there is definitely something next month.

Sham
March 6, 2003, 09:40 PM
Is it a Test Series? How come it doesn't say on CricInfo? May is a terrible time to play cricket in Dhaka. They are going to have heat strokes.

shahid
March 7, 2003, 12:16 AM
It is an ODI series and will be held in April.

Sham
March 7, 2003, 12:23 AM
Okay, so SA and India are coming to BD to play a one-day series? I would think there would be a mention of that on cricinfo! Shahid, don't get your hopes up. Bound to get disappoined.

shahid
March 7, 2003, 04:32 AM
I saw about this series on TV. Even Pilot mentioned about some tri series at home recently.

shahid
March 11, 2003, 04:38 AM
The series will be held in mid-April in Dhaka after the Sharjah Cup in UAE from 1 - 10 April. It will involve SA, BD and India.

Sham
March 11, 2003, 10:40 AM
I meant don't get your hopes up about Bangladesh winning matches.

Tehsin
March 11, 2003, 02:39 PM
Why should you not get your hopes up ? Well, the tournament is less then a month away and guess what - our players have not even been called up for training by the BCB, the only player who is training at all is Ashraful as he went back to Wahidul Ghani's coaching center. The rest are moping over their dismal performance in SA.

What BCB needs to do is get their acts together and call up the players and have them ready for Tendulkar/Ntini and co. BCB needs to figure out what kind of wickets they are going to use in the tri-nation so the players can get used to it beforehand and don't start crying after playing bad shot and lose badly.

Pundit
March 11, 2003, 04:12 PM
Tehsin, what good will all the practice do when players are so down in morale ?

I think the main problem is the tourney itself. The players are being over-played without being given the option to learn in between. Yes, they are being over played by their own standards - but since they will be doing the playing, we should be talking about them alone.

I don't know what good bringing in Opee will do ? He may have much to promise, but his average isn't really anything to harp over. And on top of that, we have his dismal disciplinary record. When was that, I don;t remember, he was playing for BD against a visiting test team, and during the game he was seen in the enemy camps trying to make a quick buck or two by trying to sell bats ??? That speaks volumes about his mindset.

Golla should ofcourse be playing, but only because there is nobody better.

I think that it is the selectors who had messed up big time with their arrogant blunders and amateur vision with the opening pair.

Remove Rokon from the top !
Keep on trying with ASH/GOLLA and others. If Opee is a re-habilitated person, then he gets my vote for the trials.

Tehsin
March 11, 2003, 04:36 PM
Should we play them in the league ? Don't you think that will be good practice for them ?

bd_cricket
March 12, 2003, 05:46 PM
Just saw on the news paper that Saurav will be coming to USA for presonal business/vacation in April/May. Nowhere I saw about this triangular series. Even BCB is silent too.

Tehsin
March 12, 2003, 07:07 PM
Read on the other threads. There WILL be a tri-nation next month. BCB is trying to get the league teams to allow the nationl players to play for them in the next matches. Also, they plan to tart the training from March 31.

Also, Australia coming in summer and England will follow in October.

shahid
March 13, 2003, 01:31 AM
BD - Ind - SA tri series - April/May 2003
SA in BD - May 2003
BD in Aus - June/July 2003
BD in Pak - Sep 2003
Ene in BD - Nov/Dec 2003

Arnab
March 13, 2003, 04:27 PM
Well, the springbocks are going to get a much needed morale boster, that's for sure.