PDA

View Full Version : Winning ugly is all right by England

Sam
June 9, 2005, 09:35 AM
Winning ugly is all right by England
This is a good piece by Andrew Miller, which you find interesting.

And they were content to win ugly as well, as evidenced by Geraint Jones's bump-ball episode in Durham. Australia have a keen eye on their public image these days, and would surely have used the confusion as an opportunity for some good PR. Not England. Nafees Iqbal had been a fly in their ointment during Bangladesh's first decent stand of the series, and they had simply become bored of his insolence.

Cricinfo (http://content.cricinfo.com/engvaus/content/story/210753.html)

Ahmed_B
June 9, 2005, 11:03 AM
This is a very in-depth and nicely written piece by Andrew... Please don't direct it to the same old topic (Cheating) again. We have had lots of talking about it already.

I liked the piece a lot... gives good insight of cricket-culture (both good and bad) of the current two top cricket-nations. And as alway, Andrew inputs his positive supportive words for BD!

:)

Edited on, June 9, 2005, 4:09 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

cricman
June 9, 2005, 11:14 AM
Bottom Line England are the school yard bullies, While were the ones getting bullied. I remember Dav's quote at the begining of the tour

"England will to work to beat us"

None of that has happened i the test series, Hopefully from our new success in ODI in the last year all the way back to WI tour, we can bring the fight to England and make put some doubt into the brits going into Ashes 05

Akib
June 9, 2005, 03:21 PM
A great article. Well writen.