PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry committe

bangla_amar
March 9, 2003, 01:03 PM
I am excited to get some sort of connection to BCB inquiry through sham. Most of the things I had in my mind has been already conveyed by my learned friends here. Only thing that I had in my mind and did not see any where is playing first class cricket abroad. I think playing busta cup in carribean was an excellent idea and I do not know why it stopped. We know our national league is still a picnic league and until it develops we can send our A team each year to participate in the first class league abroad.Namibia got good exposure by playing in the standard league in SA and Canada played in Busta oneday. Why we do not play in Ranji, KaideAzam league? I know pitches are there as abysmal as ours but still players are of much higher quality than ours and our boys have much things to learn from them.

DOORBIN
March 10, 2003, 02:57 AM
Can anyone answer/ comment please ?

Tehsin
March 10, 2003, 02:39 PM
Busta cup was invitational. They invite different sides every year. We could contact the West Indies Cricket board and try to get in either every year or or every other year. Remember this, the next world cup will be in the West Indies. If we can not utilize Busta Cup, we have to find out how to have a tour of the A teams with West indies specially in 2005 and 2006 so our players have a good feel of the wickets. Also, we should be able to work with the WCB to setup similar wickets in couple of the local grounds.

With all the dull wickets, we could not find world class spinners, yet, we have a host of decent pace bowlers. Which means BCB needs to actively find curators who can turn our mush wickets into bouncy wickets to help out our pacers and also, to help our batsmen improve their technique against quality bowling instead of the batting heaven they now enjoy.