PDA

View Full Version : BD squad for the 2nd practice match

TheWatcher
June 10, 2005, 11:29 AM
So, far looks like Nafees will be dropped for Abir, Rajin for Ash, Mahmud for Rana. Who should be dropped for Taposh? Is he going to play at all?

One thing is for sure, Tushar should be given another chance to prove his class. The way he batted today, McGrath or even Kaspar may get him out easily, but still he may be a better choice than Ash or Rajin at this point.

Edited on, June 10, 2005, 4:49 PM GMT, by Zunaid.

oracle
June 10, 2005, 11:43 AM
Tushar has played well against Australians. He should play in the second practice match and rested for the Oval game.

Beamer
June 10, 2005, 11:55 AM
Tushar played well in this match before getting run out. That was a crucial dismissal. He was well set and playing well. Timing couldn't have been any worse and it always hurt to see a set batsman getting run out. If he plays the next game, which I think he will, not quite sure about the logic behind sitting him for the Oval match against England. If he plays both the matches, he should get the nod ahead in the first ODI. Ash will play next game instead of Rajin. I bet my money that Ash will be playing in the one day series.

oracle
June 10, 2005, 11:59 AM
oops- i meant Rajin sits in for the next match. Tushar plays.

naz
June 10, 2005, 12:47 PM
u see ash will make atleast 2 50s in the series

Rubu
June 10, 2005, 02:11 PM
It does not matter who plays in the 2nd match. As long as the team management (while selecting the team) and captain (bowling change) is showing unfair, unexplainable, unnecessary and self destrictive favore for pacers over spinners no do not have any chance at all. batting has been bad no doubt. but bowling could easily be better.

i wonder how stupid bashar is, after seeing rafique doign better than all other he kept using all the pacers instead of giving the ball to rajin for once. :E

TheWatcher
June 10, 2005, 03:05 PM
I say no need for Ash to come back at this point, lets try this combinatin-

Javed
Abir
Aftab
Tushar
Bashar
Pilot
Rana
Rafiq
Taposh
Mashrafee
Nazmul

Bangla amar Maa
June 10, 2005, 03:06 PM
Whatever squad you take result gonna be the same , One more loose ......... looks like we are so interested to watch their faces on the field rather we watch them perform in England .

CTazim
June 10, 2005, 03:11 PM
And in this order
Nafees
Shahriar
Aftab
Ashraful/Rajin
Habibul
Mashud
Rafiqu
Rana
Taposh
Mashrafee
Nazmul

TheWatcher
June 10, 2005, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Whatever squad you take result gonna be the same , One more loose ......... looks like we are so interested to watch their faces on the field rather we watch them perform in England .
Somenone mentioned that Derby defeated NZ last year. Anything can happen in onedays. This defeat does not mean the end of the world for Bangladesh. At least couple of the players clicked this match (Tushar, Bashar, Rafiq, Nazmul) we need few more.

Also, please don't write down Sujon so early, that was meant to happen when a player comes back to competitive cricket after months break.

feisal
June 10, 2005, 03:44 PM
JO has done a favor to Nafees.. he will probably have another go next match..it is JO who will sit out as he will play in the real match anyway..

Rajin looks to be in such abad shape that he won;t be tried as an opener.. his last good ODI spell was as an opener..

**it was a thoughtless/mindless suicidal run.. pushing to point and run.. first over so field was up..

esteban_loaiza
June 10, 2005, 04:23 PM
Today 4 of them clicked, tomorrow they will flop and another 4 will click and the results will be the same. There are some basic things we need to rectify in the next match, otherwise clicking will not help. They are:

1. not to lose 3/4 wicket within 20 runs, try 100.
2. set batsmen got out, should have made their innings long. Difficult for new batsmen as overs are limited
3. only four bowlers will not help, whatever combinations we can form...

Edited on, June 10, 2005, 9:23 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

cricman
June 10, 2005, 05:24 PM
You know what's unaceptable

going from 103/4 in 25 overs
to 189 in 46

amim
June 10, 2005, 05:56 PM
Tushar should be playing irrespective of whether Rajin or Ashraful plays.
As i have reiterated in my previous posts Rajin is short and he does not have the technique to play against English and Aus bowlers. Even in this practice match he failed to deliver like the previous 4 longer version matches he played.

It's not Nafis Iqbal's fault that he was run out so early without facing a ball. So we need to give him another chance to prove his talent.

When I saw Tushar against the Aussies i knew he was a good player but may be he is not good enough to earn a spot in the test squad. But if Rajin's form is anything to go by, then i would suggest Tushar be included even in the test team. Afridi played well against the Aussies in VB series and look at him now .... HE got into the test side and scored a century when everyone else failed. Obviously 2 class players like Inzy and Youhana didn't play in that match.

Anyway Sujon's too old and i have never seen him play well with both bat and ball. County players can smash him all over the park so there is no point in him being included.

We need to try Shahadat for the next practice match.

To me there are 4 players who are batting well at the moment.

Bashar, Aftab, Tushar and Rafique (Not very consistent but may be good enough for the ODIs) and Javed ( he still needs to prove that he can play well in the ODIs). Mashud is always handy with the bat.

But we need to score 200 in every match and we need to bat for entire 50 overs.

amim
June 10, 2005, 06:05 PM
Short players are very good at playing cut and pull shots. Sachin and Lara are ideal examples but Rajin is just not good enough to play against Aus and England.

Ash would be a better choice than Rajin but he too remains a suspect against quality short pitch bowling.

Apart from Brett Lee no is fast. Obviously Lee is very fast. We should not expose our best players against Lee early otherwise we may not end up playing full 50 overs.

esteban_loaiza
June 10, 2005, 06:23 PM
I'd rest Mashrafe for the next match, probabely Rafique too. They have nothing to prove and no experience to gain from a county side. Rather they should be given some rest to remain fresh.

Edited on, June 10, 2005, 11:26 PM GMT, by esteban_loaiza.

amarbangla
June 10, 2005, 11:58 PM
team for the 2nd practice match:

1. Nafis
2. Rajin
3. Shahriar Nafis
4.Aftab
5. Habibul Bashar
6.Ashraful
7.Manjurul
8.Pilot
9.Sujon
10.Taposh
11.Najmul

My proposal is let us try Rajin with opening. He came out good with India as an opener and give a break to Mash and Javed.

May Almighty give us the strength & Patience & skills to prove ourselves......Amin

amim
June 11, 2005, 03:56 AM
Again we seem to think that taposh can trouble a county team's batting line up. Trust me, he is not that good yet. Shahadat may have more success than taposh in games involving county teams. So let's try Shahadat.

Sam
June 11, 2005, 08:24 AM
Already we have let us down with yesterday's performance. I think tomorrow we should field a team which will be very closer to the final squad. We can repeat few players to prove them, like Tushar and Nazmul, who I believe has performed well to be drafted. But repeating Shujon has no meaning. Javed and Mashrafe may have a rest, as their positions in the final squad are secured.
Tomorrow’s Team:
Pacers: Nazmul and Taposh.
Spinners: Rafiq retains his position, whereas Rana goes for Shujon.
Opening duo: Nafees Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees,
Batsmen: Aftab, Bashar, Tushar, Ashraf and Pilot should play tomorrow.
Note: Aftab should be used as the third seamer and Tushar can also be used as a part-time bowler ( he did well in Zim tour with the ball).
In final squad, one of the Nafeeses may be drafted based on tomorrow’s performance.

Sam
June 11, 2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by amim
Again we seem to think that taposh can trouble a county team's batting line up. Trust me, he is not that good yet. Shahadat may have more success than taposh in games involving county teams. So let's try Shahadat.
Where can we get Shahadat, amim? Should we send him by DHL? Even then he cannot reach before the match starts. ;)

bd_cricket
June 11, 2005, 11:09 AM
I like this team for the 2nd practice match.

Originally posted by amarbangla
team for the 2nd practice match:

1. Nafis
2. Rajin
3. Shahriar Nafis
4.Aftab
5. Habibul Bashar
6.Ashraful
7.Manjurul
8.Pilot
9.Sujon
10.Taposh
11.Najmul

My proposal is let us try Rajin with opening. He came out good with India as an opener and give a break to Mash and Javed.

May Almighty give us the strength & Patience & skills to prove ourselves......Amin

TheWatcher
June 11, 2005, 09:33 PM
Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=9&Date=2005-06-12) probable team-

Javed
Abir
Tushar
Ashraful
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Rana
Sujon
Taposh
Nazmul

According to the newspaper, Rafiq and Mashrafee not playing for sure.

Edited on, June 12, 2005, 2:35 AM GMT, by TheWatcher.

r56hg
June 11, 2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by CTazim
And in this order
Nafees
Shahriar
Aftab
Ashraful/Rajin
Habibul
Mashud
Rafiqu
Rana