PDA

View Full Version : CI: Dont crush the tiger's dream

cricman
June 11, 2005, 11:02 AM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/story/210887.html

Rabbed Imam did a great job

Edited on, June 11, 2005, 4:04 PM GMT, by cricman.

fwullah
June 11, 2005, 11:26 AM
due to the presence and reported interference of officials and high-ups of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB)

What interference? Can anyone elaborate on this?

Spitfire_x86
June 11, 2005, 11:42 AM
:great: article

:bravo: :up: to Rabeed Imam

Beamer
June 11, 2005, 12:11 PM
Internal discord?? hmm.. He touched at the subject without elaborating. I am sure he knows more than what he let out. Not quite sure if he should have disclosed these bit of info. But being a journalist, the profession itself dictates that he digs out info that generally remains out of bounds for the mass. At the same time, a little bit of touch and go type of revelation leads to speculation. My point being, spill it all, or not say anything !!

Latif made comments earlier that sounded like he was displeased with Whatmore. We really need a decent showing in the NatWest series.

howzatt!
June 11, 2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
Internal discord?? hmm.. He touched at the subject without elaborating. I am sure he knows more than what he let out. Not quite sure if he should have disclosed these bit of info. But being a journalist, the profession itself dictates that he digs out info that generally remains out of bounds for the mass. At the same time, a little bit of touch and go type of revelation leads to speculation. My point being, spill it all, or not say anything !!

Latif made comments earlier that sounded like he was displeased with Whatmore. We really need a decent showing in the NatWest series.

i guess the issue is too sensitive to elaborate on. he needs to watch out for himself too. i don't think most reporters would go the distance he went in this article.

Zunaid
June 11, 2005, 01:26 PM
Rabeed had aluded to this "discord" in various earlier aritcles. Reading between the lines it does appear that the Whatmore saga has had a bigger effect than anyone is caring to admit.

Go_Bangladesh
June 11, 2005, 05:25 PM
Rabeed Imam is the best cricket journalist in the world, his articles are so good, Rabeed bhai you make us proud

cricketboy
June 11, 2005, 06:47 PM
Great great article. :bravo:

But I just wonder if players like Aftab and Ashraful can score 100s in tests regularly in 5 yrs. Mohammad Ashaful is playing test cricket for 3 years but no improvement on hhis part., :mad: I think we should be invited to play in Pura Cup in AUstralia or English county cricket which will particularly help the yopunger players. I am not telling not playing test matches!

Edited on, June 11, 2005, 11:48 PM GMT, by cricketboy.

cricman
June 11, 2005, 06:53 PM
5 years and theyll be the cover boys of cricket.

Aftab-19 yrs old
Ashraful- 20 yrs old

we expect so much from players so young.

r56hg
June 11, 2005, 09:37 PM
Good article :fanflag:

roaring_tiger
June 11, 2005, 10:09 PM
Rabeed Imam......"THE BOSS"

:bravo::bravo:

:great::great:

:fanflag: