PDA

View Full Version : Reward consistent players with 40+ runs in 5 or more matches

Right_Way
June 11, 2005, 02:26 PM
Consistency is the key to our success. Consistency is 80% of professional sports. Yes! We have got talented (i.e. unprofessional) cricket players, however, it is unacceptable when we have to wait for a top order batsman to show his class after every five or more innings.

Motivation:

May be we can set up some rules. If anyone in top order can play 40+ run innings in five matches in a row, he would be given hefty prize money. For bowler, 2+ wickets. Here, the key word is <b>“in a row”</b>. Also, we can try to create chemistry between partners by giving rearwards for being a part of consistent partnerships.

We need to get some mileage out of our international players. Interview the players thoroughly and study their lifestyle to understand if a newly acquired international player will go a long way or not. We do not want any slackers or <b>one hit wonders</b> like you know who.

Aren’t we going to be all happy to have a solid top or middle order that can produce figures like 180/4 or 200/6 at some point in game, day in and day out?

esteban_loaiza
June 11, 2005, 02:34 PM
nobody is getting that money. Relax the criteria plz.

Right_Way
June 11, 2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by esteban_loaiza
nobody is getting that money. Relax the criteria plz.

You are right. I guess only player getting close is Aftab with his current form. Others can try atleast.

AusBang
June 11, 2005, 07:46 PM
But atleast they might start trying harder. We know that for most of the players, cricket is where they earn their living from. A bit of extra cash might just be the motivation to do well.

Rather than putting it in as 5 games in a row, I'ld prefer a certain average run threshold over a series. Say 35 or 40 runs on average throughout the series (per innings). That way, even if they miss out on scoring in a match, they always have the option of covering up in the next one.

Same for the bowlers, 2 wickets on average throughout the series (again per innings).