PDA

View Full Version : England & Australia Warm Ups

Rob
June 12, 2005, 12:00 PM
OK, I don't know whether you have seen these results, but these are how the England and Australia warm ups went yesterday, I will review them for you :

England

Beat Hampshire by 153 runs.

This was in the end a convincing victory for England, the bowling was devestating with Darren Gough and Simon Jones bowling brilliantly. They had Hampshire 14/6 at one stage after Darren Gough took a hatrick.

Do not underestimate Gough, he is bowling as well as ever and is still bowling at 85,86 mph.

In the end England bowled Hampshire out for 85 after the lower order had a swing which came off to an extent.

Englands batting wasn't the most convincing, Geraint Jones got a duck 2nd ball (he shouldn't be opening goddamnit :mad:, Trescothick was caught behind for 4 to leave England 10-2. Vaughan made 24 which stabalised the innings before he played accross one to be lbw. Freddie then miscued a drive to mid off to leave England 72/4. Strauss and Pietersen came to the rescue though.

Strauss made a quick 85 through mainly nudging into the gaps and running hard, whilst Pietersen played for positively making 77 from 80 balls with 5 fours and 2 sixes off Warne :). Strauss was out for 85.

The tail the collapsed to 238 all out. Hampshire got no where near as I said before.

Because the game finished early England played a 12 over a side match for extra practise. They one by one wicket, Pietersen making 46 off 15 balls .:wow:

Australia

Australia took a weak Leicestershire team to the cleaners.

Australia made 321-4, with Hayden making 107 off 96 balls, Martyn 85 off 103, and Symonds 92 off 59 balls.

I didn't see the game so can't comment too much but I saw a few of the sixes on the news, it was Australia at there destructive best. Look out England and Bangladesh.

Leicestershire made a respectable 226-8 in reply.

Edited on, June 12, 2005, 5:01 PM GMT, by rob22888.