PDA

View Full Version : Diverted Media Attention! Positive or Negative?

StoneCold
June 15, 2005, 08:07 AM
Prior to our test matches some of our players seemed influenced by the attention shown to them by English media. They even talked about what our players were eating! Usually our players are not very used to press attention. I had the feeling that they were uncomfortable about this situation and influenced our players’ performance negatively.. For the last one week the media only mentioned the name of Bangladesh just to refer to Thursday’s opening game of Netwest series (with the exception of our practice match win).

Now as the English press is totally forgotten of us and focused on Ashes, do you fellows think that this is good or bad?

My opinion: Good side of the diverted attention is that our players can concentrate more on their game. On the other hand no attention at all may give our players a feeling of being neglected and even may cause the players feel that their game is of no importance at all.

AusBang
June 15, 2005, 08:21 AM
The major problem is not the media. Nor the technique of the players. It is to deal with the fact that the players in the team are so young. What can you really expect out of a teenager ??? How matured are they ??? I definitely believe that maturity comes with age. With so many young players in the team, I really don't expect anything from the team. Every now and then you see this rush of blood amongst the youngsters...They try to hit a six when its the second last over before tea (Ash) !!! No one on earth can explain that. Neither can the players...

Even this media thing...its only affecting a lot more because most of our players are so young. They are not ready to face the psychological battle.

We need more time...time to build our experience and gain maturity in terms of thinking...beyond a teenage mind....

StoneCold
June 15, 2005, 08:40 AM
It’s a fact that we have a bunch of youngsters in our team But is there any alternative? Do we have better and older players then the ones in hand?
Besides I believe that this young team will grow into a stronger team. This series was their first major step, which seems to be a failure but better days are to come...

And in time they will also learn how to deal with media attention and criticisms....

AusBang
June 15, 2005, 08:45 AM
Yes...I certainly do back that view...even more because we don't have an alternative...

All I was pointing to is that we need to be patient...I have no doubts that this team would be a world class team with time.