PDA

View Full Version : Rana in 1st Match

Tokai
June 15, 2005, 01:21 PM
Looking at the thread about the final 11, all the discussion is, no surprise, about rana. I personally also think the selectors have a ID ten-T problem (change the ten into number).

so, whats your opinion?

GuruTM
June 15, 2005, 01:27 PM
I dont think rana is quite as good as many of you guys are assuming. Its just my opinion.

TheWatcher
June 15, 2005, 02:00 PM
He will be there after our batsmen get out for less than 50 overs in first two matches, or Aftab gets smacked all over the field in few overs he is going to bowl.

Spitfire_x86
June 15, 2005, 03:49 PM
Both #2 and #3 are correct.

However I voted for #2 :)

amra_korbo_joy
June 15, 2005, 04:08 PM
England is not good against spinner. So not including Rana in the first 11 is another mistake.

But whom do you drop. I think Tusher should have been dropped because he will <b>not</b> be able to face the strong english pace/swing attack.

I am sure khaled Mahamud will get few wickets. His records in England is excellent. So we should keep him in the team.

Edited on, June 15, 2005, 9:09 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.

Samir
June 15, 2005, 10:13 PM
looking at the record, mahmud should play the 1st game..Also he had a great domestic league this year.i hope chacha deliver the same magic as he did against pakistan during the world cup.....

gobdgo
June 16, 2005, 01:58 AM
so far spinners are economic through out the present series (expect rafiq in 2nd test). Rana always economic what ever the condition of pitch and useful bowler with his line length and not solely depend on spinning the ball. I would say he will be as usefull as shujon. Our pace attack does not mean anything extra. It is better to tackle our own way in which we are better than pace attack. I believe he will add more value by bowling economic where his batting is better than so many top order in sense of responsibility. He should bat at No. 5 also.

gobdgo
June 16, 2005, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Samir
looking at the record, mahmud should play the 1st game..Also he had a great domestic league this year.i hope chacha deliver the same magic as he did against pakistan during the world cup.....

Considering the magic against pakistan BD included him in so many matches afterwards but he never been able to show that magic again.

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2005, 02:56 AM
thats a wrong statement.

TheWatcher
June 16, 2005, 11:21 AM
Hopefully, after the first match, team management will value 20's and 30's Rana scores so consistently, and also economic spells he bowls.

rana
June 16, 2005, 02:30 PM
hope we can see rana get chance in odi 2

Beamer
June 16, 2005, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Samir

Yeah..he delivered some magic alright, except the magicians pigeon was the flaying white ball dispatched to all parts by Trescothic..

Fazal
June 16, 2005, 02:49 PM
So there is three way (batting) Race race so far (ODI) between the three.

PLAYER----GAMES----TOT RUNS---- AVE
ASH-------------1------------0-------------- 0.00
CHACHA-------1------------0--------------0.00
RANA------------0-----------0----------------XXXX

Locutus
June 16, 2005, 02:53 PM
what is the difference? Everyone was so excited that Nazmul that was going to do well in bowling. Now everyone is against Nazmul. Now poeple think Rana is going to make a difference. Trust me he won't. After the 2nd match everyone will be against Rana too. That's how it goes.

Faceoff
June 16, 2005, 02:55 PM
Ashraful ke team a neowar thao ekta jukti ache. young player and Hotath jodi bhalo khele ei ashai. But chacha is just too old atleast he is playing like a boyosher bhare nujo howa player. Ei boyoshe ebhabe onakay field a namiye kheldhula korte bolata boro onnai.

Alomelo
June 16, 2005, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by amra_korbo_joy
England is not good against spinner. So not including Rana in the first 11 is another mistake.

But whom do you drop. I think Tusher should have been dropped because he will <b>not</b> be able to face the strong english pace/swing attack.

I am sure khaled Mahamud will get few wickets. His records in England is excellent. So we should keep him in the team.

Edited on, June 15, 2005, 9:09 PM GMT, by amra_korbo_joy.

Look at Chacha's record in the game:

Khaled Mahmud c Pietersen b Harmison 0 1 1 0 0

Khaled Mahmud 3 0 39 0 (3nb)

and you are saying his records are good????

:-/:-/:-/

Chacha is worthless. His days are over.....