PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh V England - NatWest Series- 1st ODI - Brit Oval

Pages : [1] 2

Rubu
June 15, 2005, 08:24 PM
:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanf lag:

Let the Game Begin............!
Good Luck Tigers. Let the British feel the real bite of tigers.
The game starts about 8 hours from now. On 16th June 9:45 GMT.

We need to put up a good show this time to regain some respect.

The game starts at:

9:45 GMT
10:45 BST
5:45 EDT
3:45 Bangladesh Time.

GMT now is: <iframe src="http://plus.cricinfo.com/clock.html" width="65" height="20" frameborder="0" name="iframe" scrolling="no"></iframe>

The Weather Looks OK, and should not be interrupted by rain. Weather Link (http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/southeast.html)

According to the other thread, the 11 has been already finalized. I've not seen any news bulletin on this, so this squad might not be final. But as it seems right now, the only surprise is the non-inclusion of Rana. The rest are expected. With or without rana, good luck to all.

<ol>
<li>Javed Omar
<li>Nafis Iqbal
<li>Aftab Ahmed
<li>Mohammad Ashraful
<li>Habibul Bashar
<li>Tushar Imran
<li>Khaled Masud
<li>Khaled Mahmud
<li>Mohammad Rafique
<li>Mashrafe Mortaza
<li>Nazmul Hossain
</ol>

Our opponent is England. They are much stronger side than ours specially when playing in their own back yard. Flintoff is once again in our way! The squad is from the following:

ME Trescothick
GO Jones
A Flintoff
KP Pietersen
*MP Vaughan
PD Collingwood
AJ Strauss
VS Solanki
J Lewis
D Gough
SJ Harmison
GJ Batty
Kabir Ali
SP Jones

Not sure who will play among them.

Live audio coverage should be available from the following link:

BBC Radio comm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/default.stm#)

CricInfo Live coverage is also available: Commentry (http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/BDESH_ENG_NWS_ODI1_16JUN2005.html)

Free web cast is also available for this match, Thanks to Bangladeshlive.
Live Webcast (http://www.bangladeshlive.net/660843.html)

Tour Coverage:

<a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/">Tour Home</a> | <a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/news.php">News</a> | <a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/schedule.p
hp">Schedule</a> | <a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/scores.php">Scores</a> | <a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/squads.php">Squads</a> | <a href="/tours/2005/INT/BD_IN_ENG/articles.php">Articles</a>

Game time chat is also available in Chat room (http://www.banglacricket.com/chat/)

Keep in mind that you can get the same cricInfo commentary in the chat room as well.

:fanflag:

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 1:40 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.

babubangla
June 15, 2005, 08:28 PM
Bring it on!!
I am calling sick tomorrow morning :lol:

cricman
June 15, 2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks alot Agent

Alomelo
June 15, 2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
Bring it on!!

I am already sick.. lol :fire::fire::fire:

Rubu
June 15, 2005, 08:42 PM
A trough in the rollercoaster ride

Andrew Miller

June 15, 2005

England's summer is shaping up to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride, if their phenomenal onslaught in Monday night's Twenty20 match is anything to go by. Unfortunately, as with all such fairground attractions, the peaks must be countered by the troughs, and so it will prove tomorrow, when Bangladesh shuffle back onto centre stage for the opening encounter of the NatWest Series.

It is all incredibly unfair on the Bangladeshis. They should not even be here anymore. From the moment Australia transferred their words into deeds and Brett Lee banged in his first bouncer to Marcus Trescothick, the point of the Bangladeshi presence was utterly undermined. By all means offer them three token one-day games ahead of the Aussie arrival, but to mix their matches in with the most eagerly awaited Ashes tussle in a generation is like spiking your vintage Louis Roederer with Babycham.

Bangladesh do at least have some form to fall back on, after a hard-earned victory against Worcestershire on Sunday, in which Mohammad Ashraful tamed one raging beast, Shoaib Akhtar, who was making his county debut. But try stopping England in their tracks now. A mist as crimson as Darren Gough's mood has descended since Monday evening. As Somerset have demonstrated so emphatically down at Taunton, the Australians bring out the beast in everyone.

Even so, Dav Whatmore, Bangladesh's coach, was refusing to let the circumstances of this fixture get him down, and predicted a better showing in the one-dayers than was demonstrated during the Tests. "We have a bit of confidence in what we can do," he told reporters. "The shorter version of the game swings around a little bit, it is a lot quicker and you can have a greater influence over a shorter time. One of our objectives is to get a game to swing our way."

That might be easier said than done. In 106 matches, Bangladesh have achieved just two victories against sides other than Zimbabwe and the Associate nations, and never before have they wandered into the midst of a gunfight of this intensity. England are not going to let their intensity slip for anyone so discretion, one fears, would be the better part of valour - if only the Bangladeshis had that option.

At least they are no longer in possession of the most humiliating collapse of the summer. Australia, with their seven for eight in 20 balls at The Rose Bowl, have claimed that title hands down, and you can bet your life that the moment Bangladesh surpass Australia's eventual total of 79, the arcing roof of the new OCS Stand, which will be packed out for the first time this summer, will be blown clean off.

For Marcus Trescothick, the day will hold some extra significance, as he becomes the tenth England player to reach 100 one-day caps. But he admitted that the match was not the ideal follow-up to the events of Monday night. "That's the test of our team," he conceded. "It's up to us to remain disciplined and focused on the job. The main focus is the end of this NatWest series, making sure we're in the final and making sure we're doing well.

"Everybody's been a little bit in awe of the Australian team," he added, "but over the last 18 months we've gained the confidence to stand up and compete with the best team in the world. The most important thing is not that we've beaten them in two one-day games - how we've done over the last 18 months is the most important thing for us."

All in all, it doesn't augur well for the Bangladeshis. But given the mood in the Australian camp this evening, one fears that the worst could yet be to come on the most arduous tour of their lives.

Andrew Miller is UK editor of Cricinfo

Cricinfo

babubangla
June 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Alomelo
Bring it on!!

:lol::lol::lol:
High-Jumping Sickman!!!

Sauron
June 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
just emailed my boss that I'm "working" from home until lunch tomorrow :D

Alomelo
June 15, 2005, 08:46 PM
I am really surprised not to see Manzurul Rana. I was expecting him instead of "Chacha". Hope chacha will do good... :up:

Alomelo
June 15, 2005, 08:49 PM
Bring it on!!

:lol::lol::lol:
High-Jumping Sickman!!!

I am gonna take a nap now .. and will wake up sick at 3.30... lol.. good luck to everyone who is planning to get sick.... :fire::fire::fire:

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 1:50 AM GMT, by Alomelo.

Rubu
June 15, 2005, 08:59 PM
I just hope I don't get sick After the match.

Faceoff
June 15, 2005, 09:00 PM
Another very non-productive work day for US economy coming up tommorow. well at least for me.:)

PoorFan
June 15, 2005, 09:08 PM
Last time Agent opened the match thread and we win! And this time ........ ok I should stop here.

Zunaid
June 15, 2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by faceoff
Another very non-productive work day for US economy coming up tommorow. well at least for me.:)

Wel said :) Between you and me, we will probably bring down the US economic productivity a full percentage point.

Rubu
June 15, 2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by PoorFan
Last time Agent opened the match thread and we win! And this time ........ ok I should stop here.

:)

if same happens tomorrow, I'll copy right the permission to opening Match thread in BC for ever :cool:

Doc, Me 3. No work tomorrow until the Match finishes.

Mahir
June 15, 2005, 09:26 PM
i got school in the morning! Damn it... wont even get to finish the first innings...anyways, i will still be up early morning, rooting for the Tigers with you fanatics too!

English maatitey bishmoy, tumi amar bangladesh...baaaaaaaaaaaaaangladeeeeeeesssshhhhhh !!!

:fire::karate::fire::karate::fire::karate::fire:

obernell
June 15, 2005, 09:48 PM
:great::great::great::great::great:

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 15, 2005, 09:55 PM
jaihok,
khela kintu shuru hoi nee tobe aikkhane kintu dorshok agomon aste aste berai choleche. akhono kintu prothom pata otikrom hoinee tobe amar bisshash agami dui tin ghontar moddhe amra 3-4 patay pouchute shokkhom hobe. ai prothom kintu amra erokom akti guruttopurno tin deshi tournament khelte jacchi. onek gourober bishoy kintu eti amader jonno. shob kichui kintu akhon amader biruddhe bolte gele. media theke shuru kore onek nami dami boro khelowarrao kintu amaderke akhon choto kore dekhche. tobe asha korbo tader ai dharona kichuta holeo amra bhangte shokkhom hobo. karon dol kintu akhon onek shoktishali ebong kintu poripokko. jani kajta kintu amader pokkhe moteo shohoj hobe na. tobe eta kintu one day. koek ghontar kintu bepar. ebong kono mote jodi amra ai koek ghonta amader ayotte nite pari taholai kintu onekdin dhorai amader mukhe shai hashi fute uthbe. shetao jodi na hoi asha korbo amra jeno man shomman niye khelte pari ebong asha korbo jeno ontoto pokkhe kichu indiviudual performance thake jetar jonno kichuta holeo amra shantona pete parbo porobortite. ebong asha korbo doler shobai jeno tader shaddhomoto cheshta kore. asha korbo tara jeno pura 50 over khelte pare. ebong asha korbo tara jeno protipokkhoke chaper moddhe rakhte parbo. asha korbo amra jeno taderke bolte pari shai shedin jonmo newa prithibir manchitre bangladesh namer shai deshti hati hati pa pa kore akhon onek dur jete shokkhom hoyeche shoto badha otikrom kore.
jaihok,
ar kintu kotha barate chai na. kal kintu amaro class royeche shokale. ami kintu apran cheshta korbo bhor bela uthe khela dekhte. jodio jani na sheta shombhob hobe kina. dhannabad.

Mahir
June 15, 2005, 09:57 PM
FRB, ur posts are one of a kind! :P

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 15, 2005, 10:02 PM
jaihok,
dhannabad kintu apnake master blaster bhai. dharabassho box theke apnake janachhi onek onek shubechha. jani amar moto apnio kintu odhir agrohe boshe achen utfullo mon niye. asha korbo khelar poro jeno amra shai akibhabe utfullo thakte pari. dhannabad.

babubangla
June 15, 2005, 10:08 PM
[
I am gonna take a nap now .. and will wake up sick at 3.30... lol.. good luck to everyone who is planning to get sick.... :fire::fire::fire:

I will certainly be sick at least around 8:30.
I will see how the things go.
But everybody knows what is the medicine for our sickness. Flintoff alone could be just enough to make all of us cured from sickness. If so. I will get well right away and go back to office.

Many of us will be sick...lets see how England treats us!!:lol:

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 3:10 AM GMT, by babubangla.

Faisal
June 15, 2005, 10:15 PM
if bangladesh bat first they will make 265...

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 15, 2005, 10:16 PM
jaihok,
faisal bha thik kintu buzhlam na eto number thakte keno apni 265 choose korlen. ai dharabassho box theke kintu akhono sheta buzhte parchi na. dhannabad.

obernell
June 15, 2005, 10:28 PM
shujon, we along with rana r watching u!! better get some action

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
jaihok,
besh chaper mukhe kintu akhon chacha. tobe asha korbo chacha jeno tar nam rakhte paren. karon eta mone hoi tar shesh tour doler shathe. ar por hoito khelowar hishabe ar doler shathe ashben na tini. shutorang sheshta jeno shukher hoi shai jonno asha kori tini cheshta korben ebong asha kori tini jeno shofol hon. dhannabad.

Faceoff
June 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
Shujoner Bhojon Onek shunlam bhai. Ekhon beedai belai mone rakhar moto kichu korte parlei hoi.

babubangla
June 15, 2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Faisal

Apnar Mukhay Ful Chondon Poruk !!

SS
June 15, 2005, 10:39 PM
its sad how we prepared for this series with England and Aussies...with no notable improvement for facing seam friendly world class attack we were so happy and joyous after the series win against weakend Zimb. Our players' ego went high, especially Ash and others were over confident. Facing the hostile bowling of raw pace, swing and bounce from the gigantic bowlers no wonder how our liliput batsmen will perform when they never faced these type of pitches and bowlers before.

This one sided match will not only just make the fans unhappy, players' confidence level will way down.

mwrkhan
June 15, 2005, 10:42 PM
Cholen amra England dal ke ek boro botol Burigangar pani pathiye dei. Bolbo "special mineral water from Bangladesh with health properties". Amader bijoy obodharito.

TheWatcher
June 15, 2005, 11:41 PM
Brit Oval is pretty bouncy, right?

I believe thats why Rana is not playing this one.

obernell
June 15, 2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SS
its sad how we prepared for this series with England and Aussies...with no notable improvement for facing seam friendly world class attack we were so happy and joyous after the series win against weakend Zimb. Our players' ego went high, especially Ash and others were over confident. Facing the hostile bowling of raw pace, swing and bounce from the gigantic bowlers no wonder how our liliput batsmen will perform when they never faced these type of pitches and bowlers before.

This one sided match will not only just make the fans unhappy, players' confidence level will way down.

right right ....whats with the pessimism man, when we're all ready to enjoy our game..

Alomelo
June 16, 2005, 12:28 AM

Aikhane... Chehara na deikha... gola na shuina....hat na deikha... computerized poddhotite.. bhobissot bani kora hoi.. free free free.. aisha poren shobai... "Faisal bhai - The Ultimate fortune teller".. free free free.... :fire::fire::fire:

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 5:37 AM GMT, by Alomelo.

Sam
June 16, 2005, 12:55 AM
However guys, still we are not the holder of the most humiliating defeat of this season, as Andrew Miller writes:
Originally quoted by Andrew Miller in his cricinfo report (http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/211212.html)
At least they (Bangladesh) are no longer in possession of the most humiliating collapse of the summer. Australia, with their seven for eight in 20 balls at The Rose Bowl, have claimed that title hands down, and you can bet your life that the moment Bangladesh surpass Australia's eventual total of 79, the arcing roof of the new OCS Stand, which will be packed out for the first time this summer, will be blown clean off.

Sam
June 16, 2005, 12:59 AM
So, once we cross 79, virtually we get our first win today:lol::lol::lol:

mwrkhan
June 16, 2005, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Sam
So, once we cross 79, virtually we get our first win today:lol::lol::lol:

Doa koren tai jeno hoi.....

Oops? Did I just say doa? See what losing all the time does to rational minds.

Sam
June 16, 2005, 01:14 AM
In fact today's match (all the six matches) is a big mismatch by power, performance and mental set up.
England is on fire now, especially after the win at Rose Bowl against the Aussies. I believe our performance cannot be blamed much and Dav is right that he expected this also. If Australia can be defeated by a county team, then Bangladesh's performance, I should say just on the border line of 'satisfactory'.
If today we can tame a couple of 'beasts' that will show our class, and we should be damn satisfied.
I strongly believe that few of our guys will show some class today and make the match competitive, insha'Allah.
And if we can do so, that's our WIN. :fanflag:

Spitfire_x86
June 16, 2005, 01:35 AM

Ful Chondon diye run kora jay na :(

pilot fan
June 16, 2005, 01:59 AM
as long as we put lots of effect and not give runs or wickets away i will be happy

BanglaCool
June 16, 2005, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by SS

Mr PeSSimist lets just wait and watch.

Sorry
June 16, 2005, 02:08 AM
victory will be the sweetest but defeat with a margin of 20-30 runs or 2/3 wickets wouldn't be bad.
hope the game does not get over by 1st 2 hours.

Sorry
June 16, 2005, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by BanglaCool
Originally posted by SS

Mr PeSSimist lets just wait and watch.
i think we should call him 'realismist' rather than pessimist.

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
victory will be the sweetest but defeat with a margin of 20-30 runs or 2/3 wickets wouldn't be bad.

... I'm hoping for good things.

But I'm really scared that things might get decided in the first 15 minutes even :(

Sorry
June 16, 2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Sauron
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh

... I'm hoping for good things.

But I'm really scared that things might get decided in the first 15 minutes even :(
i fear the same. 1st 1/2 an hour will be vital. if we bat 1st and see out the new ball without losing more than 1 wicket, bd might be able to score a good total.
but 1st 10 overs is 'a critical period of bd cricket'.

salin
June 16, 2005, 03:23 AM
If BD bat first they will be all out for 80 to 90 runs by 25 over because it was raining yesterday night.
But if they bat first at least we may keep our hope alive for reasonable period of time.

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by salin
If BD bat first they will be all out for 80 to 90 runs by 25 over because it was raining yesterday night.
But if they bat first at least we may keep our hope alive for reasonable period of time.

Bashar is likely to lose the toss as usual ... .

If indeed it rained last night, then fielding should be good, if BD wins toss and gets to choose, of course.

salin
June 16, 2005, 03:37 AM
Channel I News - It was raining yesterday.
I have a feelings Tushar Imran could be the key player for todays match and we might have a good day if BD Field first.

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2005, 03:44 AM
i'll probably be up for the first 15-30 mins of the match...it should be all over by then, right?

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i'll probably be up for the first 15-30 mins of the match...it should be all over by then, right?

If you see Pilot in the crease by that time, then yes.

I'm really rooting to see us field first, even though chasing is not our strongest facility.

Sorry
June 16, 2005, 03:55 AM
some good news for bd optimistic fans who are interested in betting. bet365 is offering 1.90 for bd as handicap 7.5 wickets or 126.5 runs.

oracle
it's going to rain- i am outside the ground:(

salin
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

Ja obodharito ta menay nayowai budhdhimanayr kaj. :bald:

Tobu anondo tobu ashay thaka tobuo valo lagay................

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by oracle
it's going to rain- i am outside the ground:(

Cr@p!

Is it drizzle? Or cloud cover? Man, this sucks!

salin
June 16, 2005, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Sam
However guys, still we are not the holder of the most humiliating defeat of this season, as Andrew Miller writes:

Amra ki ta thekay khub bayshi duray asi? ora amader shayi upohar tuku na diay sarbay vabsen?

ar ko dinayi hoyto daykha pabo shayi kangkhito opurnotar......

sunny747
June 16, 2005, 04:11 AM
Hello MR FRB,,,,,,u are from bkk...good good..
so you studying at abac or AIT.........if abac what's ur name? i might know you..........

AsifTheManRahman
June 16, 2005, 04:16 AM
hehe...i thought FRB went to VATech...his location says thailand because he just can't stop thinking of his thai gf whom he met while visiting his parents a couple of months ago...;)

roaring tigerz
June 16, 2005, 04:20 AM
match coverage kokhon shuru hobe?

howzatt!
June 16, 2005, 04:23 AM
mark june 16th, 2005 in ur calender. history will remember this day as the day Bangladesh beat England for the first time in ODI.

salin
June 16, 2005, 04:23 AM
15m to go.... toss ki hoyasay? is it raining?

obernell
June 16, 2005, 04:24 AM
so is it still raining over there?

howzatt!
June 16, 2005, 04:25 AM
England won the toss :(

obernell
June 16, 2005, 04:26 AM
as far as the weather is concerned, this is the latest news:
The seamer Jon Lewis will make his debut for a powerful England side who are preparing to take on Bangladesh for the opening match of the NatWest Series under an overcast sky at The Oval.

Mr-khan
June 16, 2005, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by howzatt!
mark june 16th, 2005 in ur calender. history will remember this day as the day Bangladesh beat England for the first time in ODI.
:wow:

salin
June 16, 2005, 04:27 AM
Dibashopno hoye gaylonaki?

Faisal
June 16, 2005, 04:30 AM
England won the toss and elected to field first!!

mwrkhan
June 16, 2005, 04:30 AM
Sharse.

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 04:31 AM
share nai akhono. aro 15 min ache shuru hoite

BD Tigers
June 16, 2005, 04:32 AM
anybody getting Bangladeshlive coverage? its not working for me.

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 04:33 AM
Dhur shala!

mejaj kharap!!!!

salin
England won the toss :(

elected to what?

nsd3
BD should start slowly. No need to show off how many strokes there are in our hands. Just keep the wkts till 10 overs. Then decide on the next target. Hehe, bolte bhaloi lagche.

Rubu
June 16, 2005, 04:34 AM
Good Morning to All!

I'm thinking of sending bashar to a one week short course about how to win tosses.

Samir
June 16, 2005, 04:35 AM
lost the toss again............looks like its becoming a routine.....damn.........

StoneCold
June 16, 2005, 04:35 AM
Bashar seems to be one of the most unlucky person...he always looses the toss.

cracky
June 16, 2005, 04:36 AM
lol, its became habit for Bashar to lose toss.

nsd3
hoiran howar kichu nai. Chupchap boisha thaken. Deha jak ki hoi.

Samir
Vaughn decided to put us on bat.......

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 9:36 AM GMT, by Samir.

al Furqaan
damn we lost the toss again...thats 6 outta 7...what are the chances !!!

obernell
June 16, 2005, 04:37 AM
it feels great to hear our national anthem, does any of you have our anthem in ur comp?

salin
June 16, 2005, 04:37 AM
Rafique kay namano uchit, or wicket porlay gayay lagbayna. kintu nafis out holay monay hobay aitow shuru holo..........

Sam
June 16, 2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan
damn we lost the toss again...thats 6 outta 7...what are the chances !!!
Makes no difference, bro. Probably by winning the toss Bashar would have opted for batting only.

little_master
June 16, 2005, 05:54 AM
Ashraful the FOOL never learns

Samir
June 16, 2005, 05:56 AM
ashrafool should have been rested for the first two games....that would wake him up.............

PoorFan
June 16, 2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by little_master
Ashraful the FOOL never learns
I thought his name is AshraFOOL!:D

Sam
Originally posted by salin
Rafique kay namano uchit, or wicket porlay gayay lagbayna. kintu nafis out holay monay hobay aitow shuru holo..........
Shuru hobe mane ki Shuru to hoyei gechhe. It was 39/3 :duh:

PoorFan
12.3 Harmison to Habibul Bashar, one run, short and ball rushes him as
the pull is off the gloves in the air and lands at short midwicket

Sounds bad to me.

Sam
June 16, 2005, 05:59 AM
Rain again stops play
45/3
Tushar 6
Bashar 4

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:00 AM
Aftab was doing super in one-down...why they have to screw it up and bring ashafool @ #3....i don't get it........

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 06:01 AM
We are poor.

Flipper
So, another usual start for us!

Javed: didn't expect that shot from him
Nafis: Came close to his avg.
Ash: No comments
Bashar: He needs another pull

:fanflag:

shongkhonil
I hope we can cross 150 today! That seems to be the ideal goal for now!

roaring tigerz
June 16, 2005, 06:02 AM
ashraful showed some form in the practice game against worcestershire and played shoaib pretty well. thats why management decided to put him at 3. unlucky to get a good one first up. be patient he will come good against the aussies.

Faisal
June 16, 2005, 06:02 AM
banglacricket was down?? ummm

Sam
June 16, 2005, 06:03 AM
I joined the board late and found that already 2 gone.
However RR was good at that time which was above 4, but how Nafees was caught behind, really clueless.

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 06:03 AM
That was really a bad shot from JO.

Nafees was doing ok before playing that out of off stamp.

Asraful did as he does usually.

Flipper
June 16, 2005, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by roaring tigerz
ashraful showed some form in the practice game against worcestershire and played shoaib pretty well. thats why management decided to put him at 3. unlucky to get a good one first up. be patient he will come good against the aussies.

Ya.........ya............ya!

:great::great::great:

salin
Aijonnayi bolsilam let lose a false wicket at the begining.
kobay shikbo...
amra oviggota nissi tiki kintu oviggo hotay parsina.
ashraful kay dosh dissi tiki kintu ata amra jani ashraful oi position a konodin successful silo na...
tobuo bichitro karonay amra okay oi position a bar bar try kori.

DotBall
Only batsman looked comfortable was JO, but he had poor choice of shot selection.

Nafees, played as long as he could with his faulty technique.

Ashraful is just a liability for the team; someone with less telent but better maturity will be more useful.

Despite the bad start I thought the batsmen looked more comfortable facing the bowler than they did in the tests.

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by shongkhonil
I hope we can cross 150 today! That seems to be the ideal goal for now!
Over 130 would be a good score for us from this point.

roaring tigerz
the next target should be to keep going at around 3.5 /over and not lose a wicket in the next 12-15 overs.

Sam
Hope so - the only thing we can do besides praying. :(

roaring tigerz
June 16, 2005, 06:07 AM
i dont think england can match the best ODI teams. they have a very one dimensional bowling attack. no left arm seamers, no wicket taking spinners. tresco, flintoff and pieterson are match winners. but the team combination as a whole is still not good enough to beat australia in ODIs consistently

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 11:08 AM GMT, by roaring tigerz.

rajibpaulrana
bangladesh will play better against oz due to to their bad form

DotBall
Originally posted by Flipper

Ya.........ya............ya!

That would be very surprizing...... BTW, playing Shoeb well can not be used as the measure of good top order batsman..... no offense.

shongkhonil
June 16, 2005, 06:09 AM
Today the blame goes to Javed Omar. He was pretty comfortable and then he played a completely clueless shot, something that we would expect from Ashraful. That wicket just opened the flood gate of wickets.

Sam
June 16, 2005, 06:10 AM
Do you think that Bashar would have elected to field first, had he won the toss?

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Sam
Do you think that Bashar would have elected to field first, had he won the toss?

of course so we dont have to chase a target lke 330

roaring tigerz
i think the toss was a blessing in disguise. the only way we will run england or australia close is by batting first, scoring 200 up and taking some early wickets. so we gotta bat first everytime we win the toss

SS
BD will be all out for 150...horrible play Ashrafool as usual and top order just collapsed they can't see the ball even
they should retire from international cricket

shongkhonil
June 16, 2005, 06:12 AM
Bashar would've elected to field just because the weather and the pitch is not batting friendly for our fragile batting line up.

Samir
bashar said it was a good pitch and he woudl have field first if he won the toss (he need some training on how to win a toss)........

cricman
That would be very surprizing...... BTW, playing Shoeb well can not be used as the measure of good top order batsman..... no offense. [/quote]

But he can still take 5 wickets vs Ausrtalia on 1 good leg

BanglaCool
June 16, 2005, 06:13 AM
What happened to Banglacricket?
Was this site down?

Bad luck to Bangladesh, because
1) They lost the toss
2) Bad weather
3) freqeunt interruptions causing lack of concentration from the batsmen and the run-rate falling
4) Ashraful going out first ball to a good delivery

Lets hope they remain for the full 50 overs and we set England a rate about 200+. Also pray that it rains frequently during England's innings and their wickets fall cheaply and quickly so that DL comes into play. And that can happen with bad weather and good line-length bowling.

roaring tigerz
June 16, 2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by SS
BD will be all out for 150...horrible play Ashrafool as usual and top order just collapsed they can't see the ball even

if ashraful hit a couple of fours then u would be the first one to shower him with adulations...these meaningless critism has got to stop!!

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:14 AM
if this turns ito a 25-35 over match i think we have a shot

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by SS
Nice to see you SS again.

Samir
rain stopped adn play resume.....

Sam
Look guys, this RF bowler D. Gough is become extreamly arrogant and bragging, specially after the hatrick in the couny cricket.

cricman
th odds on bet 365 is that bashar will lose his wicket before tushar

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 06:16 AM
can we bat till 35 overs.

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:17 AM
inside edge for Tushar.....got lucky this time..........

cricman
13.1 Lewis to Habibul Bashar, no run, struck and ball may have just hit
top of off stump as it nipped in but umpire dar gave the batsman
the benefit

so close

mahbubH
Thanks Alim Dar

Flipper
Originally posted by SS

if ashraful hit a couple of fours then u would be the first one to shower him with adulations...these meaningless critism has got to stop!!

Ash deserves worshiping, not critisism! He is the Best BD batsman. It doesn't matter we have a team, it all matters that we have ash! Don't nobody talks bad about him!

:fire::fire::fire:

shongkhonil
Bashar looks very uncomfortable.

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:20 AM
50 and nice shot 4

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:20 AM
50 for BD..................................
:great:

and a four from Bashar
:great:

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:21 AM
Bashar going wild....he going after every ball...

Faisal
anyone watching from blooystream?? how about the quality, pls let us know.. and how it works, thanks

PoorFan
We are making this Lewis guy a hero in this match, as we always make someone hero from opponent.

Flipper
Harmi is getting hamered!:fanflag:

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:23 AM
Tusher gone bowled

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:23 AM
Tushar gone....look really disappointed.........

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:24 AM
Aftab can he save us?

Samir
Aftab is in......expecting a great inning from him, only he can save BD now.........

James90
Wisden Overview on Tushar
By his own admission he can be too impetuous for his own good, but the selectors clearly believe he has what it takes - three former captains, Naimur Rahman, Akram Khan and Aminul Islam, were axed to make way for him.
I never realised that, good bit of trivia

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:25 AM
i'd be ok with a quck 30 from aftab

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:26 AM
bashar back on the defensive

Sam
June 16, 2005, 06:27 AM
57/4:E

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:29 AM
Habibuls pull, was in air but safe and 4

nsd3
Lewis has 2 more overs to bowl. Harmisson is getting in shape now. Bashar-Aftab should go slow for 10 overs I think.

Samir
SUPER FOUR BY BASHAR............
BASHAR ON FIRE...............:fire::fire:

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:30 AM
thanks mzia CI is really slow

Sam
Lewis is going to complete his quota at a stretch. Vaughn wants him to take some more wickets:-/

nsd3
A Fulltoss was pulled, it was waist high

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:31 AM
is cricinfo working for u guys?

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:31 AM
leg bye 4

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:32 AM
4 Off pads leg bye

Samir
ANOTHER FOUR BY BASHAR........

FOUR......FOUR.....FOUR....FOUR......
:great::great::great::great::great::great:

Faisal
wut happen to bollyestream???

Samir
now we need a six.............

nsd3
Harmi is getting banged!!

Sam
June 16, 2005, 06:33 AM
Cricinfo is really super slow. Whenever it is getting late to refresh, I think probably some unwanted thing (fall of wicket) happened.
Anyways 68/4

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:34 AM
PAtience wud be the key to success,,,,,,,,hold off for abt 10 overs and set target from there

Samir
Aftab and bashar going after every ball...

Faisal
anyone watching the game?? umm me so confused, lol

cricman
hey guys cricbuzz is really fast

nsd3
72/4 now

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by cricman
thanks mzia CI is really slow

You wellcome.

72/4 after 18

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:36 AM
72/18=4 an over

Flipper
Bashar gone pulling!:joy::joy:

nsd3
catch by bashar

mzia
June 16, 2005, 06:37 AM
Basher gone, ball was bit extra height caught by wk keeper

cricman
Harmison to Bashar, out Caught by Geraint!! short of length, Bashar leans back and slashes at it, outside edge flies high towards the keeper, Jones gets airborne and takes a fine catch!! H Bashar c G Jones b S Harmison 19(28) 4s-2 6s-0

BanglaCool
Originally posted by cricman
hey guys cricbuzz is really fast
What's the address?

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:38 AM
cricbuzz.com

ZunaidH
72/5

nsd3
19 might be the highwest score by any bangladeshi today

BanglaCool
Originally posted by nsd3
catch by bashar
You mean bad shot by bashar, don't you?

cricman
pilot in

Sam
June 16, 2005, 06:39 AM
Again the same story, getting out when pulled.
Alas!!! When he will learn it?????:E:E

ZunaidH
Bashar was looking nervous. Aftab looks cheery and happy. He still has a chance to pull something today

nsd3
Yes, Bashar gave the catch, though the ball was a bit high for him, anyway, he needs to take risks,,,,

PoorFan
Bashar played with patience in practice match but failed to do that in real match, Just great!
:great::bravo:

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:41 AM
Pilot survives

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:42 AM
120 might be very difficult to reach now

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:42 AM
Lewis comes for his final over now

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:43 AM
74/5 in 19.3 overs

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:44 AM
Pilot is off the mark, 75/5

PoorFan
We have not played 20 overs yet! how can we justify this truth?

Samir
75/5 same old story............................................. .

cricman
lewis's day is done

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:45 AM
pilot shud concentrate on singles now and aftab shud follow him and give him support for next 15 overs atleast.

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 06:46 AM
Harmi is coming with lot of pace, Pilot is facing him with even more patience now

Ejaj
June 16, 2005, 06:47 AM
Pilot gone!! too

cricman
mashud out

Ejaj

nsd3
pilot is Ct out

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:48 AM
UNlucky pilot.....hits the glove and goes to jones..

Ejaj
I am off now.. too much pathetic show today.. bye everyone.

nsd3
I think I made a mistake when I said Pilot was patient

LateCut
Mashud is gone.

cricman
Harmison to Mashud, out Caught by Geraint!! short ball, Mashud tries to pull it, he is late in the shot, ball brushes the glove and Jones takes another one behind the stumps ! K Mashud c G Jones b S Harmison 1(10) 4s-0 6s-0

PoorFan
pilot shud concentrate on singles now and aftab shud follow him and give him support for next 15 overs atleast.
We lost top 5 wickets in 20 overs! does it say anything?

salin
khayla kaybol shuru holo.

LateCut
June 16, 2005, 06:49 AM
Why does not the lat high ball go! 100 runs is a long shot. We needed runa now instead pf Rafique.

cricman
June 16, 2005, 06:51 AM
20.6 Harmison to Rafique, no run, attempted yorker, Rafique was beaten but the ball was directed just a few inches outside off !!

Flipper
June 16, 2005, 06:52 AM
Guys, Lot of people are in the chat room!

See you all there!

cricman
Paul Collingwood takes the ball

nsd3
Hey, we need 15 players to play against England's 11; Then we can have Rana, Rafiq, etc...

salin
June 16, 2005, 06:53 AM
Rafique survived 3 balls that means we can expect 30 runs from him.

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:54 AM
Rafiq hits a big SIX..............
:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

cricman
6 from rafique

nsd3
79/6, it's really pathetic, isn't it? I have nothing to say on this humiliation!!!! Rafiq hit a 6 anyway

StoneCold
June 16, 2005, 06:55 AM
We will achieve a landmark if we reach 100...

nsd3
Rafiq might be out b4 I can send my next msg

cricman
flintoff in now

StoneCold
6 by rafique....

Samir
June 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
Dangerman flitoff is in...............

StoneCold
June 16, 2005, 06:56 AM
nsd3> I agree.....

Flipper
June 16, 2005, 06:58 AM
Chatroom

Dhurr
June 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
dhurr! eki jinish bar bar! kar bhalo lage eishob dekhte? prothome kichukkhon dekhlam, tokhon dhamadham 3 ta porlo. ekhon abar aisha dekhi 76/6.

dhurr!

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
Collngwood back now

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:02 AM
Kichu bhalo lage na, 86/6. Hahaha Rafiq is the man known as the bowler who bowled a lot of overs in Test Matches.

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:03 AM
87/6, Aftab is holding his strokes- this is a good sign. Whatmore can tell reporters in the end that this was a good improvement, he shud be a happy man

Akib
June 16, 2005, 07:04 AM
24 overs done and BD is at 87 for 6.... Lets hope these two can keep on going and get us to 150 or maybe even 200.

nsd3
Rafiq is taking chances now

mzia
nice shot 4,

nsd3
aftab hits 4

Samir
June 16, 2005, 07:05 AM
another four by aftab..............

mzia
wild shot by Aftab, pulled away and safe, 4

Samir
nice pull from aftab...............

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:08 AM
Aftab tries to take adv of collingwood's medium pace

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:09 AM
98/5 now

Samir
Partnership 23 of 32 balls.......

nsd3
99/6 Sorry for the error

Samir
June 16, 2005, 07:10 AM
100 comes up with a super four................
GREAT AFTAB..............
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:11 AM
aftab hit a 4 again, it was off an edge 103/6

PoorFan
June 16, 2005, 07:12 AM
100 up!!!!!!!!:bravo:

nannu
kintu aar kotokhkhon ?

nsd3
it's good that someone surpassed 19 now

BanglaCool
June 16, 2005, 07:13 AM
Aftab tries to take adv of collingwood's medium pace
And he simply loves Flintoff's MF

nannu
June 16, 2005, 07:13 AM
run rate to valo ase thekano uchit

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:15 AM
40 runs partnership achieved

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
Good that singles are coming frequently

Spitfire_x86
June 16, 2005, 07:17 AM
Aftab is the MAN :fire:

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:18 AM
good throws cudn't prevent singles

Sam
40 runs partnership achieved
33 run partnership

Samir
we should pass 150.............

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:19 AM
Yes Sam, I was overestimated their effort; but it's giving us hope, isnt it?

nannu
June 16, 2005, 07:22 AM
amu shudhu mdlive net a audio shuntasi ... eto chillchilli kore kara bangalira naki britishbachchara?

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:23 AM
Flintoff came back strongly after his last over cost quite a few runs. 2 maidens in 4 overs

Sam
Yes nsd3, hopefully this pair will play a reasonable innings to restore our pride.
110/4 off 29.4 ov

nannu
rafique average 13.75

Samir
June 16, 2005, 07:24 AM
bangali mone hoye...looks like they r enjoying aftab adn rafiq scoring boundaries..........

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:24 AM
chillachilli mone hole bodhoy bangalee rai hobe

Samir
June 16, 2005, 07:25 AM
rain stop play again........

BanglaCool
June 16, 2005, 07:26 AM
why send Ash at 3?
Why not Aftab?
Another hold up for rain.
Its too bad we are always on the receiving end of any bad luck, we simply don't get any benefit out of it.

Spitfire_x86
June 16, 2005, 07:27 AM
I hope we will get full 50 overs match.

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:27 AM
brishtiiii jhore jai

nsd3
June 16, 2005, 07:29 AM
[quote]Originally posted by BanglaCool
why send Ash at 3?
Why not Aftab?

Well if we had sent Aftab at no.3 he cud have received the same fate as Ashraful. This is all part of the game.

nannu
June 16, 2005, 07:31 AM
brishto pore jhapur jhupur wicket pore ttuput tapur