PDA

View Full Version : New Front Page Article: Interview with Allister de Winter by GM Bashar

Zunaid
June 16, 2005, 01:08 AM
BanglaCricket brings you another exclusive. A peek into the mind of the next U-19 coach. Our own GM Bashar chats with Alistair de Winter who arrives in Dhaka on the 24th of June to fill the seat left vacant by Coach McInnes.

>>>> Read Article <<<< (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?year=2005&item=326)

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
BanglaCricket brings you another exclusive. A peek into the mind of the next U-19 coach. Our own GM Bashar chats with Alistair de Winter who arrives in Dhaka on the 24th of June to fill the seat left vacant by Coach McInnes.

>>>> Read Article <<<< (http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?year=2005&item=326)

Good work by GM Bashar :up:

One correction needed though -
The first sentence of second paragraph contains ... "as does the Richach McInness the <b>recently departed</b>" ... those last two words need to be replaced.

Btw, the new coach sounds good and very diplomatic (in a good sense).

RazabQ
June 16, 2005, 02:28 AM
are you thinking of dead ppl? while that is the most popular usage, I think this is still correct?

On to the actual article, I'm disappointed that AdW has not already dounded out Richard/Observer already.

Zunaid
June 16, 2005, 02:40 AM
-- i see dead people --

But more seriously, I am glad that Allister will bring in the same Australian work ethic that Richard had brought in.

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by razabq
are you thinking of dead ppl? while that is the most popular usage, I think this is still correct?

Yep. That is pretty much the only usage when used in that way. Departed is used in the same vein as deceased. When used as a verb, the usage changes of course.

Anywayz, don't mean to nitpick on grammar or syntax. It was a good introduction to the new coach nevertheless.

Sauron
June 16, 2005, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Zunaid
-- i see dead people --

But more seriously, I am glad that Allister will bring in the same Australian work ethic that Richard had brought in.

... as long as you don't see dead cricketers or fans :D

I agree, the continued exposure to Australian professionalism is going to be good for the young 'uns. Work ethic is fundamental.

Ahmed_B
June 16, 2005, 11:42 PM
Very nice!
So we already have contacts with our next U-19 coach and I hope we will be getting time-to-time updates from him as we used to get from MacInnes.