PDA

View Full Version : Batting Order...........

Rubu
June 16, 2005, 06:11 AM
Who came up with this idea of sending ash at 1 down when he is in a struggling form and Aftab is in a good form and has been successful playing there for last few matches?

Why? Why do they always have to make self destructive changes in batting order?

SS
June 16, 2005, 06:13 AM
cuz our batsmen are fluke...Ash showed his form last matches and thought he is "HIRO" so he came to bat at no.3 but got a "ZIRO"...pathetic

bd_cricket
June 16, 2005, 06:15 AM
Tushar should have sent at #3. He played in that position in practice matches.

Rubu
June 16, 2005, 06:30 AM
Regardless of who did what in practice matches, why do they have to change in a position where there is no need to?

PoorFan
June 16, 2005, 07:10 AM
May be because Dav still has huge faith on Ash. Dont understand at all, I thought it would be Aftab one down. The result could be the same anyway, but why making change every game?

Dhurr
June 16, 2005, 07:19 AM
why ash? why? why? why? he has an ODI average in the mid teens. what has he done to prove he deserves a place in our ODI team? i dont get it!

why would you send an obviously out-of-form batsman to bat at one down against England, especially when you know he's not confident about his abilities, when he has shown OVER and OVER again that he's not prepared to play ODIs, when there are others knocking on the doors to get a chance to play. i just dont understand this what's going on with the team selection process! oh well...

Fazal
June 16, 2005, 07:55 AM
Or may be they want to sabotage his career so that they can bring Rajin or Alok back again.

mahbubH
June 16, 2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks god Mashrafee got some runs otherwise people can start another thread.. like "Why Chacha after Mashrafee" ... who scored just ONE run in last four innings".

shovon13
June 16, 2005, 09:49 AM
ash got out to a pretty good delivery. i dont think it would've mattered who faced it, aftab or ash. that was a wicket taking one produced by lewis.

Dhurr
June 16, 2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by shovon13
ash got out to a pretty good delivery. i dont think it would've mattered who faced it, aftab or ash. that was a wicket taking one produced by lewis.

that doesnt take away from the FACT that he averages in the mid teens in ODIs. he's irresponsible; the only consistency he has shown lately is the way he's gotten out due to his immaturity, poor shot selection and irresponsibility. even after forty-nine ODIs, ashraful hasn't shown us much. maybe he should just be in the test team for now.

UNTIL and UNLESS he proves his mettle, he shouldnt represent us in ODIs.

Edited on, June 16, 2005, 3:11 PM GMT, by Dhurr.

Dhurr
June 16, 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by sports_fan_bd
Thanks god Mashrafee got some runs otherwise people can start another thread.. like "Why Chacha after Mashrafee" ... who scored just ONE run in last four innings".

chacha is a has-been. kick him out of the team. NOW!

that still doesn't take away from the fact that mashrafee is a dunce with the bat. anyone who says mashrafee is an all-rounder is an even bigger dunce. yeah, he can smack the ball around the park, but thats pretty much it. not much footwork (not that our top-order batsmen have much anyways, but that's besides the point). not really a clean hitter of the ball. cant distinguish between the different deliveries. if it's in the slot, mashrafee would smack the living daylights out of the ball, but that's all he can do with the bat as of NOW. please dont start idolizing him because of one lucky break.

Right_Way
June 16, 2005, 10:13 AM
I dont think its a good idea to mess around with Aftab's spot. Everything is working out for him perfectly. He is simply brilliant now! and if he has to come at 6 to get that chemistry so be it.

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Who came up with this idea of sending ash at 1 down when he is in a struggling form and Aftab is in a good form and has been successful playing there for last few matches?

Why? Why do they always have to make self destructive changes in batting order?

fwullah
June 16, 2005, 01:18 PM
Ashraful is playing at number 3 and Aftab is playing at number 6 because Ashraful is vastly experienced than Aftab. Otherwise, I don't see any logical reason for such change in batting order.

al Furqaan
June 16, 2005, 01:24 PM
at least bashar found his spot is not 3 but 5

BangladeshFan
June 16, 2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by shovon13

a bowler is as good as the batsman allows him to be. it is an old saying in cricket, not mine.

BD Tigers
June 16, 2005, 01:31 PM
Yea I asked the same question. Why sending Ash 1st down when he had not got any runs in the series. Currently Aftab is the best player and he shud go 1st down. That's what the BBC people were saying (& ofcourse laughing). Tushar/Sumon/Ash shud follows aftab. I hope they make it right next time,

nas
June 16, 2005, 01:36 PM
U guys dont get it....
in any other international team they send their best batsman at top order so they could face most ball.

in our team even no.11 is guranteed a bat. so i think in these game we should bat our best batsman at middle order so we dont expose them to the new ball.
anyway player like aftab, basar, ashraful will be at their best and score runs playing aganist medium pace and spin. not fast swinging delivery.

i recon aftab would have done worse today if he was to come at no.3 and playing aganist the new ball.

one thing we should and need to get right is consistant batting order so each player knows their role.

Ahmed_B
June 16, 2005, 11:57 PM
Ash & Bashar are having problems with their form. And they should be pushed further down for adjustment. Maybe like this:

1.JO
2.Nafis
3.Tushar
4.Aftab
5.Bashar
6.Ash

Then Rana, Pilot & the others

I am not sure if Ash will do any btter there... but Bashar probably do better down the order for now!

Fazal
June 17, 2005, 12:18 AM
#3 Spot is Kufa for Bangladesh. Whoever plays in #3 slot, will fail. Whoever in the team who you don't like and want to be the Bolir Patha (Bashar, Ash, Tushar,ChaCha, Rana, Nazmul), just put him in that spot. Eventually every thing will be taking care of.

roaring tigerz
June 17, 2005, 01:12 AM
those of you who want ashraful's head r simply clueless. besides bashar and aftab, ashraful is the only batsman capable of taking on top quality bowlers. i agree he should be put at 5-6 but i really dont know who should play at 3. mashud has played as well as any batsman in this series. i think playing him at 3 is worth a gamble. it gives our batting more depth.as for chacha, i think he has done great service to our cricket. so please dont abuse him after a match where all our bowlers were torn apart. his best days are definately behind him, but i have a feeling he will come in useful in one of our future games.
more than our batting order, we should be more worried the approach and application of our players.unless the batsman take pride in their own performance and put a price to their wicket, no amount of switching around would do us any good. hopeful for a better showing in all departments in the next game. go tigerz

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 6:12 AM GMT, by roaring tigerz.

naz
June 17, 2005, 01:58 AM
I agree with crickethorizon.... the batting order is perfact

thebest
June 17, 2005, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Fazal
Or may be they want to sabotage his career so that they can bring Rajin or Alok back again.
cooooooooooool:D

Rabz
June 17, 2005, 02:21 AM
sorry..cant agree...our batting order is not in a perfect shape...

yeah..may be aftab is not best suited to play new balls and he is a middle order batsman...

but at the same time..if he have to bat with rafiq and mashrafee all the time..that would also kill his natural ability of strokemaking....he is more concerned about saving wicket than taking runs...

its too much to ask from a player who has just played a handful no of matches so far...

but if he plays a bit up the order...second down...
he would have the likes of bashar or or tushar to support his stroke making and let him play his natural game...

also if he plays up the order and successfully takes on the bowling....which he is doing right now...it takes the pressure of the other batsman as well..and helps to build up a good innings....and when that happens..it would also put pressure on the bowling side....

batting line up imo:

JO
NI
TI
AA
HB
KMashud
MR
MBM
KMahmud(if he plays)
other pacer (whoever playing)
ASHAR-FOOL( he deserves to play at no 11..after all..all he's gonna do is to score 10 runs...which our bottom order does every match...plus he gets the chance to slog...suits him...)