PDA

View Full Version : Bdesh TV Ad in Australia

tglover
June 16, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hey guys n girls ....

There is a really funny TV ad on Channel 7 in Australia promoting 'Australia vs Bangladesh' on Saturday in the NatWest Series.

The ad shows a Bengali about to go out and bat against Australia, who dresses up in some huge mechanical-metal-tank-armour of a suit to face Brett Lee! I couldn't stop laughing it was really funny!!

Is there anyone in Australia who can tape that TV ad off Channel 7 and put it on the internet for others to see? I'm sure everyone would love it!!! I wish I could do it but I do not have the equipment :(

bd_cricket
June 16, 2005, 11:46 AM
We discussed this ad in another thread.
Didn't you find this ad as humiliation to BD cricket?

paco
June 16, 2005, 11:50 AM
I haven't seen the ad, but even if i did, I would find this mornings match more humiliating.

It's easy to jump up and down every time foreign media says something derogatory, but unless our team starts performing, we need to be more thick skinned.

If we actually had a team that could perform creditably at the top level, and we were still being picked on, THEN I would say something about it.

CricPagol
June 16, 2005, 01:21 PM
I did not see the advertise.
In general, we as a nation, get offended with anything or everything. We do utterly humilating things on the field, then we come out and argue who offended us off the field. We are giving them every opportunity to ridicule us. We argue that Gatting used harsh words against us and Tres used softer words. Then we show up in the field and display the level of cricket which makes us loughing-stock again. Now what is the point of sweating on who said what off the field.

bngali1on1
June 16, 2005, 01:24 PM
Absolutely...we have to be more thick-skinned and turn the tide in our favor. Nobody can do it but the team....which is why, at this stage...I think we should be stripped off our test status. Our team just can't get their #$%@ together!

chyicarus
June 16, 2005, 04:50 PM
Why humiliation? Do you even know why ads are used? I mean, we can show our pride and glory etc etc when we win and can't face upto these critics and crticism when we don't? that rubbish!
Its all in good humor and so is sledging and cricket!
Besides they didn't say any bad- Brett Lee is a frightful bowler and BD players do use a full set of protective gear. I even saw one of the batsman using a teeth protector while batting, even though he was wearing a helmet!

bangladeshlive
June 16, 2005, 06:44 PM
what is bddesh plz dont abuse....its should be Bangladesh........

Dont forget Bangladesh our dream and soul

capslock
June 16, 2005, 11:06 PM
Haha, that sounds pretty funny actually, it's all in good fun. Hopefully given Australia's present form and lack of form they might be a little nervous and give us the opportunity to leave a scratch or two.

CTazim
June 16, 2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by bangladeshlive

IMHO, and please don't take it otherwise, I don't think using abbreviation is being abusive? Anyone?

bangladeshlive
June 17, 2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by CTazim
Originally posted by bangladeshlive

IMHO, and please don't take it otherwise, I don't think using abbreviation is being abusive? Anyone?

I thing it is.....
like USA its means United States of America there is 3 words thats why they make it short ...or a way to express it but Bangladesh is one word......so when ever u are saying or writing u should use the whole world...unless its not acceptable....

BANGLADESH

mwrkhan
June 17, 2005, 02:31 AM
Nothing wrong in using abbreviations as long as the meaning is clear - BD no problem. When writing the full name it should be correctly spelled though, thus it is not correct to write Bangla Desh as some foreign writers do.

PoorFan
June 19, 2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by tglover
Hey guys n girls ....

There is a really funny TV ad on Channel 7 in Australia promoting 'Australia vs Bangladesh' on Saturday in the NatWest Series.

The ad shows a Bengali about to go out and bat against Australia, who dresses up in some huge mechanical-metal-tank-armour of a suit to face Brett Lee! I couldn't stop laughing it was really funny!!

Is there anyone in Australia who can tape that TV ad off Channel 7 and put it on the internet for others to see? I'm sure everyone would love it!!! I wish I could do it but I do not have the equipment :(
What happened to that funny TV ad on Channel 7 in Australia? Is it still going on?:P:P:P

rafiq
June 19, 2005, 09:49 PM
I always find "Banglas" really annoying, don't know why. Maybe because Bangla is a langage and trying to make it plural makes people who mistakenly use it look really stupid. But I am not about to call a hartal over it, so I think bdlive (there, i just abbreviated your name), I don't think you should take offense unless someone is willingly butchering your country's name to taunt you!

akabir77
June 20, 2005, 02:44 PM
there you go. Channel 7 has to eat their own word now. BD scared batsman has stood his ground and smacked them out off the field... Go Ausssi do&&##?? go fetch that...

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 7:45 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Reason: making it G

bop
June 20, 2005, 03:05 PM
i wanan know what happand to the ad now?

feisal
June 20, 2005, 04:01 PM
read today's prothom alo for more on that... in the sports section....

One World
June 20, 2005, 04:15 PM
Did they change the add so The BD Batsmen are unarmed on the pitch while everyone even the umpires and the frontline spectators all wearing armed guards.

Funny indeed...you know what is funny...the Australians who are now laughing at Channel 7.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 9:15 PM GMT, by One World.

IanW
June 20, 2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I saw that ad ... the funny thing is, the Bangla team is full of compulsive hookers (Ash, Bashar esp).

if you want realism, this would have been the voice track ...

"Coach told me not to hook so much ... I can hook this ... coach told me not to hook so much". And then, rather than using the armour, he hooks it.

Then there's the big picture.

You can do two things about negative media. Whine about it, or get some good results and change the story.

They went out at Cardiff, and they changed the story. It's now 'Young, talented, plucky Bangladesh stick it up Australia'.

Sure, it'll probably change to 'Young, talented, plucky, inconsistent Bangladesh', but everyone knows that Bangladesh are a team you can lose to if you dont treat them with professional respect..

I think Channel 7 are going to find a new ad.

Ian Whitchurch

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 9:28 PM GMT, by IanW.

AdLon
June 20, 2005, 06:28 PM
:E