PDA

View Full Version : Rate Bangladeshlive.net Webcast

Rubu
June 17, 2005, 02:20 PM
BDLive bro, this is by no means intend to offend you. What you are doing is GREAT. but this poll is about "how" are you doing at this great project you took. it should give you some honest feedback of your work. that way you will know where you wanted to be and where you are.

please vote on a scale of 1-10 (one being the worst and 10 being the best) of Bangladeshlive.net's game time performance. if you want, explain why you vote for that.

Bat-PadTogether
June 17, 2005, 02:24 PM
too much buffring

Rob
June 17, 2005, 02:36 PM
I haven't seen a Bangladesh Live Stream but 140Kbps seems too lower quality to bother with to be honest.

If you are that desperate to watch cricket on the net, you use Willow TV

Go_Bangladesh
June 17, 2005, 02:41 PM
I think its great, I have cable internet and the buffering happens very infrequently and the picture quality is great and very clear. I even connected my laptop to my television via s-video cable and watched the match on tv and it was as clear. THANK YOU BANGLADESHIIVE you have provided me and my friends who watch the matches with me a lot of fun and entertainment.

Orpheus
June 17, 2005, 02:45 PM
Agent a better question would have been whehter the streaming buffers a lot or not.

Your rating is totally subjective.... what will you know from that?? If I give let's say 5 - what does that mean. Is it ok or is it not ok.

Come on man...what's wrong with you?

Hence I decided not to vote in this poll :)

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 7:46 PM GMT, by Orpheus.

cricketboy
June 17, 2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus
Agent a better question would have been whehter the streaming buffers a lot or not.

Your rating is totally subjective.... what will you know from that?? If I give let's say 5 - what does that mean. Is it ok or is it not ok.

I think he is right. WHy will we rate BDlive. They are doing a great job by providing us free broadcast and we should appreciate it. :) Therefore I Gave 10 rating.

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 7:50 PM GMT, by cricketboy.

Orpheus
June 17, 2005, 02:49 PM
My point is we want solutions - not more problems :D Don't underestimate my "not more problems" comment :p you will know...(maybe) lol ok I am laguing by myself now... first sign of mental problem ...

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 7:50 PM GMT, by Orpheus.

Go_Bangladesh
June 17, 2005, 02:56 PM
a question for BDLIVE bhai, apnara kobe bd zim series ta broadcast korben? can;t wait to see that

Right_Way
June 17, 2005, 03:13 PM
I think Willow TV charges you a lot of money for each game.

I just love bangladeshlive.net.

I am in USA, and I guess we use bangladeshlive.net the most. My brother is also a cricket fan & he played briefly in BD league in the late 80s. I sent him the link last time and he was really impressed by the quality.

However, I think the bufferring can be improved though, sometimes it gets stuck. All in all, I will give A++++++++ to bangladeshlive.net.

May be next time around the quality would be hard to beat!

I stayed up late at night during last game and to see Aftab batting live was priceless!!!!

Originally posted by rob22888
I haven't seen a Bangladesh Live Stream but 140Kbps seems too lower quality to bother with to be honest.

Akib
June 17, 2005, 03:43 PM
They deserve a good mark as it is FREE.... plus it is ok quality. If you cant handle that just listen to audio on BBC or somehting like that.

Alomelo
June 17, 2005, 03:47 PM

It doesnt matter how fast the speed is. cause he is providing the stream live and free. which is a great job. No one did that before. and in the past ppl tried to make money of providing low quality webcam cast. but this dude is doing a great job.

Keep it up Bangladeshlive bro.. :up:

Alomelo
June 17, 2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
BDLive bro, this is by no means intend to offend you. What you are doing is GREAT. but this poll is about "how" are you doing at this great project you took. it should give you some honest feedback of your work. that way you will know where you wanted to be and where you are.

please vote on a scale of 1-10 (one being the worst and 10 being the best) of Bangladeshlive.net's game time performance. if you want, explain why you vote for that.

Agent bro, I think its not fair to rate this guy. He is above all these rating crap. Cause he is doing it for free and live and he putting his time, money and effort for livecast. We all should appreciate this. and if you still want a rating .. i will give A+++ , or 100 or whatever the best is...

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:00 PM
who voted 1 and 2? There very unapprecative

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:11 PM
Is it legal?

I am sure BDLive would have to do an agreement with the main broadcaster (for this case Sky and Channel 4) to show the footage.

I am not sure an expensive service like Sky would be too happy with their footage going out for free, that being if it available to people in the UK which I believe it is.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:13 PM
i think i gave you a hint for that question of yours,
do u think anybody would broadacast live matches for free?

now plz del it

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:17 PM GMT, by cricman.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Why

BanglaCool
June 17, 2005, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus

Orpheus is right!

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cricman
i think i gave you a hint for that question of yours,
do u think anybody would broadacast live matches for free?

now plz del it

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:17 PM GMT, by cricman.

No, I think people have every right to know whether a service is legal or not, which this one clearly is not.

I pay £40 a month for the Sky service.

For my post to have an affect someone would have to come onto these forums, and if they did that they would see the BangladeshLive adverts anyway.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:24 PM
well to be honest i dont know the answer and 40 euros is like 75 dollars and thats alot of money but i think you know what my opinion is. but other sites did it for ind-pak and other tours that r happeneing.

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:29 PM GMT, by cricman.

Spitfire_x86
June 17, 2005, 04:28 PM
Is it legal?

I am sure BDLive would have to do an agreement with the main broadcaster (for this case Sky and Channel 4) to show the footage.

I am not sure an expensive service like Sky would be too happy with their footage going out for free, that being if it available to people in the UK which I believe it is.
Technically, it should be illegal. But it doesn't matter really, since the targeted audience is not supposed to be Sky/Channel 4 audience and these guys aren't making any money from this service.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:29 PM
My father works for Sky. I won't mention it but have major doubts about it.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:30 PM
i'd like to talk about cricket now

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:31 PM GMT, by cricman.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Is it legal?

Technically, it should be illegal. But it doesn't matter really, since the targeted audience is not supposed to be Sky/Channel 4 audience and these guys aren't making any money from this service.

Yea but the fact is that people pay a lot of money to recieve Sky Sports, and Sky make a lot of money from broadcasting it to their customers.

I doubt finding out someone is broadcasting it free without there discretion will go down well.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:33 PM
remember that ESPN link we had, that thing shut down 3 wks after it was posted here

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:34 PM
If that is the case I think the sticky thread at the top of the forum advertising BangladeshLive should go don't you think?

Faisal
June 17, 2005, 04:36 PM
rob, cool down dude:)... n dont tell anyone about this.. keep it secret, hehe

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:38 PM
I won't. As I said my dad works for Sky but he hates Rupert Murdoch (Sky owner) as much as I do. Anything that sees him loose money and custom is great.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:39 PM
I won't. As I said my dad works for Sky but he hates Rupert Murdoch (Sky owner) as much as I do. Anything that sees him loose money and custom is great.

He owns the NY Post and Fox network in America ?

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:40 PM GMT, by cricman.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:43 PM
Yea, them as well as Sky. He is a rich bugger who rips people off.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 04:44 PM
Does he own any sports teams?

40 Euro a month r u crazy?

that's 480 euro a year. I can get 2 yrs of basic cable in america with that much money.

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:46 PM GMT, by cricman.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 04:46 PM
Don't think so.

He doesn't just own the Fox network in America. He owns Fox TV completelty now I think

Alomelo
June 17, 2005, 04:59 PM
Don't think so.

He doesn't just own the Fox network in America. He owns Fox TV completelty now I think

Guys for Gods shake please dont ruin our free cricket watching :lol:.. and moderator .. would you delete the theread please.. so that no one will know.. all these technical legal illegal issues...

Lovely_cr
June 17, 2005, 05:00 PM
i love it its wonderful to follow Bd live. Who cares if its legal or not. As long as we get to see BD live. Thanks a lot to Bangladeshlive.net.......I just wish they could do something about the buffring problem.....its just to much...

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 10:01 PM GMT, by Lovely_cr.

babubangla
June 17, 2005, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Alomelo
Don't think so.

Guys for Gods shake please dont ruin our free cricket watching :lol:.. and moderator .. would you delete the theread please.. so that no one will know.. all these technical legal illegal issues...

The messages posted here are displayed in a simple Google search--word by word. The only way to hide it--delete all the threads about this service, which is not a feasible option. I guess Google provides an option to keep any web page out of their search results. I guess moderators can think about keeping these thread pages out of the scope of Google.

Here is an example of google search with "Bangladesh England Live Broadcasting. The first result comes is the Bangladeshlive thread.
Google Search Result: Bangladesh England Live Broadcasting (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Bangladesh+England+Live+Broadcasting)

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 10:24 PM GMT, by babubangla.

Rob
June 17, 2005, 05:26 PM
there is a way of disincluding your website from a google search.

something to do with a robot text file.

Akib
June 17, 2005, 05:54 PM
Rupert Murdoch owns SKY!!!!... OMG... thats why they are screwed up... Fox is kind of messed too... For example when im bored on saturdays i watch cartoons and once i changed to fox and tehy were tlaking about showing a new show about dese cat like girls who save the wrold so that they can keep on dating.... i mean come on.... they could have picked something better than that.

Mahir
June 17, 2005, 05:55 PM
I still dont think its illegal because they are not making any money out of it.. What bangladeshlive is doing may be unethical, but should not be illegal... as bd fans, we appreciate the firm's efforts, and heartily thank them for their broadcasting. It lets a lot of see the games who cant afford to otherwise.

Spitfire_x86
June 17, 2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
I still dont think its illegal because they are not making any money out of it.. What bangladeshlive is doing may be unethical, but should not be illegal... as bd fans, we appreciate the firm's efforts, and heartily thank them for their broadcasting. It lets a lot of see the games who cant afford to otherwise.
lol, it's illegal, but not unethical

babubangla
June 17, 2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster

Downloading/sharing music is illegal even though we do not make money out of it. Why this music thing is illegal? Itís illegal because the original producer doesnít want it to be shared and it is done without approval from the original producer. In the same principle, this cricket broadcasting is illegal too.

I don't care whether it is illegal or not.
This is the most beneficial, humanitarian, selfless illegal service I ever seen in my life. Good Job!!

PS: We are the beneficiary of this service and bangladeshlive alone is the only person bearing all the risks. So it is very easy for us to appreciate it. Don't know how many will stand beside him if anything dangerous happens. I'm sure he knows that too and still willing to provide this service. This takes him even beyond greatness.

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 12:36 AM GMT, by babubangla.

al Furqaan
June 17, 2005, 08:30 PM
1st ODI was good...not much buffering at all...quality is great when at 140 but often times it drops to 80. even then, it is ok, and i am grateful to be watching.

amim
June 18, 2005, 12:04 AM
Anyway Moderators should delete all posts that refer to bangladeshlive's broadcasting because trust me we don't want this free site to be taken off. The only thing we can do to help is to delete those posts that refer to the service. We all know about their site now and there is no reason for those posts to exist. Because if anyone takes legal action we won't be able to watch bangladesh team as a result.

amim
June 18, 2005, 12:05 AM
Rupert Murdoch is the richest Australian. He was 86 few years ago and he married a 29 years old Asian lady and he was advising Australia's prime minister in public to open Australia's door to our Asian neighbours. Hahahaha that old man.

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 12:21 AM
Isn't he supposed to be 74 now? He was born in 1931

mwrkhan
June 18, 2005, 12:43 AM
Murdoch became an American a long time ago. His parent company NewsCorp was recently moved from Australia and reincorporated as an American company. He owns The Times, The Sun and Sky News among others in the UK, the Fox network and Chicago Sun Times in the US and a host of other publications in the land of his birth. He also fathered a child with his 30 something year old Asian-American wife when he was 73 or so.

rana
June 18, 2005, 12:46 AM
great :fanflag:

mwrkhan
June 18, 2005, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by rana
great :fanflag:

You mean like our very own H.M.Ershad?

cricfanz
June 18, 2005, 03:05 AM
BDlive is doing a wonderful selfless thing and they deserve a ranking 8-10...

I'm paying S$25 for ESPN Star Sports Cricket Channel (the only cricket channel in singapore) just because, well, its reliable (who knows when my internet connection disconnects..lol) and its much more exciting to watch the match on tv..haha...

Still, cheers to BDlive..

ialbd
June 18, 2005, 03:53 AM
bdlive bro dont get discouraged or anything reading these posts, you are simply doing great....
________
NEVADA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

Ishtylish cricketer
June 18, 2005, 06:03 AM
It's pretty good. I like it.

bangladeshlive
June 18, 2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks everyone...........