PDA

View Full Version : Our beloved & highly respected. The Fighter ~Chacha~


Fortuner
June 17, 2005, 03:22 PM
Guys, this is too much. Chacha perfomed too badly and this hurts me coz he is more experienced compt to Mash & Naz.

Wht kinda bowling is he doing? He is worst than a amature/novice cricketer...atleast they can swing sometimes and they are much faster than him..

Aaar Batting er tho kotha nai bola bhalo. I doubt if Chacha's knowes the technique to bat or not. Nazmul bats better than him.

Guys, we need good cricketers in our team, every1's just mocking at us like hell. Once i remeber Geoffry Boycott mocking Chacha (whn he was our captain) saying wht kinda captain is he who bowls bad and bats like an idiot.....

Chacha's is just expired for cricket....he should stop plsying cricket now and join our football team as the goal keeper...:great::great::great:

I know i'm too much criticizing him but he was the 1player from whom even the team managemnt wanted something good their on the field...

I would say Manzarul Islam Rana should play instead of him coz he's far better than him and some of them commentators even praise him for his accurate line and length and he can for sure bat well than Mr. Chacha....

Mr-khan
June 17, 2005, 03:32 PM
Accha,Chacha k sobai fighter bole keno?

Sham
June 17, 2005, 03:34 PM
Because there is no other way to justify his place in the team or squad.

Fazal
June 17, 2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Because there is no other way to justify his place in the team or squad. :D So true!

Fortuner
June 17, 2005, 03:38 PM
Wht fighter is he? He is a fighter in under 14 group of cricketer where every1 calls him fighter...::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol ::lol::lol::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy ::joy::joy:

shaoun
June 17, 2005, 03:38 PM
i think khaled mahmuds career in the team is almost over. i would like to see him play against srilanka in september and end his career in bangladesh. and i think that is what will happen. players like aminul islam and enamul haque never had an official retirement. akram khan retired by giving a press conference but i dont want to see khaled mahmud retire like them. i want to see him retire by playing front of home crowd. i think after all he has done for our country he deserves that. after his retirement i want to see him as a manager in bangladesh national team. because the team can use his leadership.

Rubu
June 17, 2005, 03:43 PM
Our Beloved Mahmud Chacha is not going anywhere. he is going to play tomorrow with his own invention of SRA bowling.

SRA = slow right arm. but unlike other slow bowlers, his balls does not spin, thats all.

Alomelo
June 17, 2005, 03:59 PM
Chacha is a true fighter. cause he never had any fitness problem. I wish this time he will get sick and give rana a chance. otherwise we are gonna loose (badly) again. keep it up fighter chacha.

Edited on, June 17, 2005, 9:00 PM GMT, by Alomelo.

feisal
June 17, 2005, 04:09 PM
SRA, that is a classic quote, Agent.

mr khan,

let me try to answer this question... chacha first came into the frame as a under 16/19 player.. he was captain of that side with little batting or bowling skill... but was a good fielder.. u have to understand it was almost mid 80s and our standard was pretty bad.. mahbubur rahman selim and javed omar..these two players also canme into prominence..... so one has to give chacha the credit for making improvement on his batting and bowling..

chacha used to do seam bowling.. over the few years he improved his batting substabtially.. and played some good innings in the league. most of thiese innings were produced under pressure and used to be very quick considering our standard..

his contribution in the national team?? looking at many posts it seems he has been playing ODI for long.. actually not at all.. problem is most of those writers have been fiollowing for only few years.. his debut was in 98..played an amazing innings though under familiar circumstances.. bulbul got a fifty, chacha got 40 something.. batted at number 6.. had a coverdrive of Bahutale..down the wicket.. good stuff...

he was not good enough to be in the side for a long time.. just bacause Atahar ali was a good one change bowler.. so we did not need chacha's bowling.. .

at some point, he was dropped from the national side and then again regained his position....from there the name fighter came in..

so, perforing under pressure and fighting ghis way back.. that was true for him..

now, he just does not have the skill, so fighting quality will not be good enough..i guess.....

his best innings: local: a 70/75 ball century in abahani math, it was not aleague match though..can't remember the context..

his best bowling: undoubtedly in a abahani/mohammedan match.. abahani was defending 205..mohamedan was coasting.. he canme in got the movement and the cut.. and got bulbul and nannu (later for a duck..) ..both caught behind.. Lipu was abahani captain.. that season was best remembered for Samarashekara though...

last half of his career, everyone knows i guess...

Rubu
June 17, 2005, 04:36 PM
Feisal, the match you are talking about was against india in dhaka, chacha had a 47 and was run out, i remember the match. since then chacha had two performances. one in wc99 and one in zimbabwe. interestingly we won in both cases and i believe that is the reason people still want chacha. but age has taken over him and there is no point dragging him in odi's anymore.

feisal
June 17, 2005, 04:47 PM
agent,

i delibarately did not mention about the second half of his career....

however, on a solid note, are u mixing up chacha's performance in zimba? In the third match he bowled a amazing spell and we almost won.. but in the match that he had managed to win, Chacha almost killed us with his bowling... he was taken apart iin 45 or 47 th over.. Mushfique saved us.. and that last over of tarque aziz was actually a phenomenal one.. chacha had a very small good innings though in the end.. But regarding that match: one can only talk about Ashraful... after two very slow half century it was Asharful who played that magical 30 ball 50.. and give our bowlers the chance...

ReckmyBack
June 17, 2005, 04:55 PM
Manjarul will play insted of him today . He should watch the match from the pavillion and think for the next matches to make his performance better .

feisal
June 17, 2005, 05:10 PM
now, i feel alarmed for Rana..

there will be outrage aganst him, but he, presently is a better option than Chacha.. I would not have played chacha at the first place and could have tried with Tapash if needed.. now nazmul is also struggling...

and in the end, it may be that the 'lucky one' did not play the next match...

Bat-PadTogether
June 17, 2005, 05:25 PM
No more Chacha! We already have too many Bateejaz in our team! If some of our Bateejaz perform we will do well against the Aussie tomorrow.:up:

howzatt!
June 18, 2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by feisal
SRA, that is a classic quote, Agent.

mr khan,

let me try to answer this question... chacha first came into the frame as a under 16/19 player.. he was captain of that side with little batting or bowling skill... but was a good fielder.. u have to understand it was almost mid 80s and our standard was pretty bad.. mahbubur rahman selim and javed omar..these two players also canme into prominence..... so one has to give chacha the credit for making improvement on his batting and bowling..

chacha used to do seam bowling.. over the few years he improved his batting substabtially.. and played some good innings in the league. most of thiese innings were produced under pressure and used to be very quick considering our standard..

his contribution in the national team?? looking at many posts it seems he has been playing ODI for long.. actually not at all.. problem is most of those writers have been fiollowing for only few years.. his debut was in 98..played an amazing innings though under familiar circumstances.. bulbul got a fifty, chacha got 40 something.. batted at number 6.. had a coverdrive of Bahutale..down the wicket.. good stuff...

he was not good enough to be in the side for a long time.. just bacause Atahar ali was a good one change bowler.. so we did not need chacha's bowling.. .

at some point, he was dropped from the national side and then again regained his position....from there the name fighter came in..

so, perforing under pressure and fighting ghis way back.. that was true for him..

now, he just does not have the skill, so fighting quality will not be good enough..i guess.....

his best innings: local: a 70/75 ball century in abahani math, it was not aleague match though..can't remember the context..

his best bowling: undoubtedly in a abahani/mohammedan match.. abahani was defending 205..mohamedan was coasting.. he canme in got the movement and the cut.. and got bulbul and nannu (later for a duck..) ..both caught behind.. Lipu was abahani captain.. that season was best remembered for Samarashekara though...

last half of his career, everyone knows i guess...

i do remember that game against india in independence cup. we were reduced to 40 something for 4 and then chacha and aminul built a partnership which was close to 100 i guess. as far as i can remember we reached around 190. shidhu was run out for 0 and india lost another quick wicket and probably were down to 10/2 or sth like that. then azharuddin and tendulker build a solid partnership. we fought back again during the end, but lost by i believe 4 wickets with only 9 balls remaining. it was in '98. i also remember that game against mohammedan. BTV showed it live. everyone thought samarasekera would score a 100 for abahani, but he was out for only 20 or 30 something. akram khan then gave abahani some runs, then chacha took some vital mohammedan wickets that gave abahani the win.

BanglaCool
June 18, 2005, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by lance_klusner
Guys, this is too much. Chacha perfomed too badly and this hurts me coz he is more experienced compt to Mash & Naz.

Wht kinda bowling is he doing? He is worst than a amature/novice cricketer...atleast they can swing sometimes and they are much faster than him..

Aaar Batting er tho kotha nai bola bhalo. I doubt if Chacha's knowes the technique to bat or not. Nazmul bats better than him.

Guys, we need good cricketers in our team, every1's just mocking at us like hell. Once i remeber Geoffry Boycott mocking Chacha (whn he was our captain) saying wht kinda captain is he who bowls bad and bats like an idiot.....

Chacha's is just expired for cricket....he should stop plsying cricket now and join our football team as the goal keeper...:great::great::great:

I know i'm too much criticizing him but he was the 1player from whom even the team managemnt wanted something good their on the field...

I would say Manzarul Islam Rana should play instead of him coz he's far better than him and some of them commentators even praise him for his accurate line and length and he can for sure bat well than Mr. Chacha....
The BBC commentators were ROFL when he got thrashing from word go. They quipped, "He is the one-day specialist of the team!"

BanglaCool
June 18, 2005, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Manjarul will play insted of him today . He should watch the match from the pavillion and think for the next matches to make his performance better .

Can you substantiate this or just a hunch?

Hasib
June 18, 2005, 02:23 AM
the crictics of Mahmud r the same as the critics of our test status...when he plays well they r silent... when he plays bad they say "off with his head"... there is a chance (i stress the word chance) that he will have a good game in this series inshallah...even more than one...

fwullah
June 18, 2005, 02:38 AM
Accha,Chacha k sobai fighter bole keno?


People call him fighter because even though the rest of the players of the team were on their way to a defeat in a match that we're supposed to win against below strength Zimbabwe team (1st ODI last ODI series) - Sujon (along with Tapash) were playing like heroes and almost won us the match (if not for his run-out at the last moment).

yaseer
June 18, 2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by mr-khan
Accha,Chacha k sobai fighter bole keno?

CHACHA to ar ajker theke khele na............apnee mone kore dekhen uni ki ki korechen je onake fighter bole.............apni chesta korlei parben

anyway......chacha er last match er performance er por eta sure je cahcha ter career er ses dike chole aschen.......eta jemon thik......sei sathe etau thik.........uni desher jonno ki ki korechen etau amader bhule jawa uchit na.........amra jodi bhule jai tahole amra nijerai nijeder choto proman korbo