PDA

View Full Version : BCB should be careful with mashrafe

cricman
June 17, 2005, 05:25 PM
http://usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/211308.html

mashrafe blew his knee once alredy imagine BD bowling w/o him? Mashrafe too should be careful about his own knee and not try to overbowl. he should stay at 84-85mph and not try to go to 90mph.

Bat-PadTogether
June 17, 2005, 05:38 PM
Yes!He must ask Bashar(Gadha Captain) not to over bowl him.I feel pity for Mashrafee!Has already gone through 2 operation on his both knees.

Sorry
June 17, 2005, 05:53 PM
come on guys, he is not a lolly pop- he is a man who should be able to bowl 10 overs.
by the way, the commentator was saying somthing about his action with his left hand to work on following up.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 05:56 PM
how bout the tests?

Sorry
June 17, 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by cricman
http://usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/story/211308.html

he should stay at 84-85mph and not try to go to 90mph.
where did you get this figure? his fastest bowling was 83mph averaging 80mph.

cricman
June 17, 2005, 05:59 PM
Them radar guns are usally +-3 to 4 mph

al Furqaan
June 17, 2005, 08:32 PM
masri was indeed bowling 81-83 miles per hour...i don't think he is trying to bowl to fast.

seeing him now its hard to imagine he ever hit the 90 mph mark.

shaoun
June 17, 2005, 10:34 PM
as far as i know shahadat bowls faster then masrafee. but masrafee is more useful because of his line and length. that operation that he had in australia helped him rebuild his career. before all teh treatment he got for his knee wasnt right which is why he keeps getting injured. now i dont think injury will be any problem for him anytime soon. but he really needs help in the other end. bcb should get a bowling coach. i still believe that shahadat will be his future new ball partner.

roi
June 17, 2005, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by shaoun
as far as i know shahadat bowls faster then masrafee. but masrafee is more useful because of his line and length. that operation that he had in australia helped him rebuild his career. before all teh treatment he got for his knee wasnt right which is why he keeps getting injured. now i dont think injury will be any problem for him anytime soon. but he really needs help in the other end. bcb should get a bowling coach. i still believe that shahadat will be his future new ball partner.

Wel said Shaoun........I also do belive rajib will be masre's new ball partner...i like rajib7s body language. He is attacking.....that all we need to our team. Yes...rajib didn't do wel in first test....but remember we are the stupid to select him as a test team member without proper 1st class experience......Hope to see him back within couple of years.:ninja:

feisal
June 17, 2005, 11:08 PM
Looks like this will be news to many of the folks....

Mashrafi was overused in that Bangladesh A trip to india.. Chacha was the captain and did that mindless thing.. this is the trip where tushar imran scored that double century.....

amim
June 17, 2005, 11:29 PM
While Nazmul has been more than useful as an ODI bowler against Australia and England he will be smashed all over the park.

With 2 loses, Australia is furious and we will see if they can really score 400 or not. But to score 8 an over is not an impossible task given that they will come out all guns blazing. Lee is not playing so we will get a respectable total and let's hope we can surpass 178.

al Furqaan
June 17, 2005, 11:51 PM
my goal 200...i was pleased with our 190 against england...and thought we could take at least 5 wickets before england chased it in 35-40 overs.

needless to say i was dissappointed in our bowling. AUS may well hit us for 400. england was scoring at over 8 an over, and had they batted first, they coulda put up 450 and even threatened the 500 mark.

btw, can you declare in ODIs? england and australia just might do it.

fwullah
June 18, 2005, 12:25 AM
I think this thread is a good example of how we can put our 'hero' players on the top not realizing the fact that the fault of our overall bowling is actually that 'hero' player.