PDA

View Full Version : scotland defeated somerset!!!!!!!!!!!!

vv_sunil
June 17, 2005, 11:51 PM
this is totally unbelievable at this moment. Scotland defeated somerset by 15 runs. somerset is in the limelight now when they defeated australia. however, they failed to continue their superb form, ultimately lost to scotland. remember, smith and jayasurya drafted the win against australia, they were still in the team when they lost to scotland.

[/i]>>> cricinfo scorecard <<< (http://ind.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005/ENG_LOCAL/NLS/SCORECARDS/17-20JUN2005/SOMERSET_SCOT_NLS_17JUN2005.html)

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 4:52 AM GMT, by vv_sunil.

[i]Edited on, June 18, 2005, 4:54 AM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: long url put inside link

al Furqaan
June 17, 2005, 11:53 PM
and bangladesh beat scotland last year.

this means we will beat australia today.

Ehsan
June 17, 2005, 11:55 PM
Yes, its unbelievable. But I think players like Smith and Jaysuriya took them lightly and they got the result of it. Nevertheless, this win is a great achievement for a team like Scotland. BTW the thread belongs to International Cricket. :)

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 12:25 AM
scotland deserve the odi status, if not the full membership. they can beat us at least 6/10 times.

Mueid
June 18, 2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by al Furqaan

lol..i like that!!

Hasib
June 18, 2005, 02:18 AM
hmm... the truth is u can always wiin....except the probabilites are like 1:1000000.....0

RazabQ
June 18, 2005, 02:34 AM
umm .. sure, give us a shabbir khan as a guest player and might do ok too. Especially cuz Namul is a nothing bowler :-P

mahbubH
June 18, 2005, 02:40 AM
Two of the Scotland players :

JA Beukes : South African
Yasir Arafat : Pakistan

Check their performance against Somerset.

Sham
June 18, 2005, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by razabq
umm .. sure, give us a shabbir khan as a guest player and might do ok too. Especially cuz Namul is a nothing bowler :-P

Aha, I see that the person whose prescription to Rajib was to go out there and kill batsmen with his awesome pace is now taking cheap shots at me!! :)

yaseer
June 18, 2005, 03:08 AM

:) i like it

cricfanz
June 18, 2005, 03:16 AM
another one..

see, in the 1999 world cup, we beat pakistan by 62 runs...and in the group matches pakistan won over australia by 10 runs...that means, we would beat the aussies by 72runs..:lol:

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 8:16 AM GMT, by cricfanz.

Trueblue
June 18, 2005, 06:17 AM
Why aren't you concentrating on the Australia game? :lol: Great start for Bangladesh. Keep it going.

Yes a bit better from the Scottish Saltires. Especially coming just after Somerset beat Australia. Somerset were missing a couple of bowlers, but they were against Australia as well.

As a team in the one day league the side is allowed two overseas players (Beukes, Arafat) just like the counties. After all Somerset had Graeme Smith and Jayasuriya (and West Indian Nixon McLean!?). We don't have much money and in fact these two players are club professionals in Scotland. Arafat is in his 5th season. So they do reflect Scottish club cricket. They will travel back to Scotland to play club cricket on Saturday between two games and Beukes can't play on Sunday since he has a club game he is required to play.

However I would have liked to have seen more from the other players. Nevertheless you can't win a game like that without a great team effort. By yhe way Smith looked interested enough to score 70 odd.

Actually it's not too much of a surprise. We lost the earlier game against Somerset by 16 runs and have beaten them once before. Not bad since the side beat Warwickshire a couple of weeks ago and stretching a point they have beaten 3 counties in the last 8 games. Derbyshire being the other side who were beaten by 8 wickets at the end of last season.

Anyway lots of room for improvement! So we will suffer plenty more defeats against the counties. :)

Ahmed_B
June 18, 2005, 02:00 PM

:up::up::up::up::up:

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:07 PM
So,

Bangladesh > Scotland > Somerset > Australia :lol:

Akib
June 18, 2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
So,

Bangladesh > Scotland > Somerset > Australia :lol:

:fanflag: I like that.

Rubu