PDA

View Full Version : Chance of BD players getting playing contracts in England

rafiq
June 18, 2005, 08:49 AM
We had some hopes before this series that one or two of our players would get a look from county or at least minor county teams. After a disastrous test series, the hopes died. Interested to see if you all think any of these guys still have a chance. My list in order of performance:

1. Aftab
2. Mashrafee
3. Javed
4. Mashud

mwrkhan
June 18, 2005, 09:24 AM
No one in the current BD team is good enough to play at county level. The players you mentioned could play for minor counties though.

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
If Aftab does incredibly well in the rest of the series, then he might get an offer from a 2nd division county team.

Zephaniah
June 18, 2005, 12:48 PM
Aftab, if he keeps playing like this rest of the series.

It's quite clear that the English are watching him, especially after that big SIX off Freddy's bowling. Probebly they are well aware that Abtab is still far from finished article and his game in longer version needs to be pushed up a notch or two. But there are teams like Scottish Saltires or atleast good minor counties like Shorpshire should have an interest in him.

There are other factors too come into play to get a county contract. For example an average 'kolpac' player of SA origin may be picked over a brilliant Bangladeshi player with limited communication skill ( language skill or otherwise) only beacuse that player may gell together better in dressing room. It would probebly go down to a matter of where the Bangladeshi players fit in greater scheme of things.

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 6:04 PM GMT, by Zephaniah.

DJ Sahastra
June 18, 2005, 12:58 PM
I think Ashraful is gonna be the first one to be picked by any English county.

ZunaidH
June 18, 2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
I think Ashraful is gonna be the first one to be picked by any English county.

I have to agree with DJ. There are three players who are potential candidates:

Asharaful
Aftab
Mashrafee

We should have at least one guy making into the county -- no minor stuff.

Upal
June 18, 2005, 02:10 PM
I think Pilot can easily play country cricket. I'm not sure if a first division team would use a import spot for a wicketkeeper, so I doubt he will get a first division contract, but 2nd division is highly possible. I think a few other BD players such as Aftab, Ash and Masri can play 1st division level, however they are not the star players that teams are seeking for one of their 2 import spots(I think they are only allowed 2 imports...not 100% sure).....

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 03:16 PM
i see ash getting in after today's performance. maybe even aftab. masri - not sure yet.

rafiq
June 18, 2005, 04:56 PM
well one game and our mood has changed! that's cricket!

rafiq
June 18, 2005, 05:01 PM
I forgot about Scotland. I find that really strange that international players can play for another country in a third country's professional league. but back to making county teams, i find it hard to believe our players won't find a spot on the scottish team - who has their 2 spots again?

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:02 PM GMT, by rafiq.

Akib
June 18, 2005, 05:09 PM
As some one mentioned to me when i sugested playing for Scotland a few weeks ago, they will freeze as it will be cold up there.

bdbazar_com
June 18, 2005, 05:16 PM
I think ash and mash have chance, but ash has to show 2-3 other big score. also english country team likes to get good pacer or promising pacer and masrafee is not behind

shaoun
June 18, 2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
I forgot about Scotland. I find that really strange that international players can play for another country in a third country's professional league. but back to making county teams, i find it hard to believe our players won't find a spot on the scottish team - who has their 2 spots again?

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:02 PM GMT, by rafiq.

i think our players are good enough to play county cricket. players like khaled mashud, rafique or masrafee can play county cricket. so can ashraful, but if ashraful plays big innins in every 10 matches and does golla in the other 9 matches i dont think any county team will be that patient with him.
i am just wondering what that idoit gavin hamilton is thinking after this victory against australia. he said he can beat us any given day, would it include june18 tuesday.

cricket_pagla
June 18, 2005, 11:24 PM
only AFTAB.. if he continue play wit dis kinda FORM in whole tournament...

cricfanz
June 19, 2005, 12:34 AM
well, consider this..mohammad sami only had a few great performances while with kent for 2 years...only about 5 stunning performances (one was 6 for 20 in a 45-over match..he bowled the last over when the opponents needed 2 to win..and got 2 wickets in that over...and another was a 15-for in a first class match)

if counties can survive rare stunning peformances from sami, why not from a bangladeshi?

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 12:38 AM
the reason i say ash might get in is that he has some healthy records behind him, which aftab or anyone else doesn't.

eg: youngest test centurion, 158* against india, and now this one against the OZ's.