PDA

View Full Version : Not for the faint hearted.

kkakash
March 15, 2003, 03:44 PM
i was reading the comments on bbc website regarding awarding test status to kenya. most of the comments critisied bangladesh. so do not read this if you have a faint heart. my eyes watered when people critise bangladesh.
here is the link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/sports_talk/2846965.stm

Ehsan
March 16, 2003, 01:59 AM
Two thumbs up kkakash....keep up ur love for our country...As after this world cup I'm getting used to all the crticism against our country....I know surely that our time willl come and at moment we'll thrash the mouth of these people who are criticizing us...

shahid
March 16, 2003, 06:44 AM
I myself wish that Kenya gets test status. I like when someone supports Kenya but i hate all those madmen who criticise BD. I am sure their mouths would be shut in a few days. Atleast, we people are here to comfort each other.

I HAVE NEVER CRITICISED BD.

Shubho
March 16, 2003, 08:49 AM
I know it hurts when people criticise us. But the readers' comments in Wisden weren't too bad. Only three or four mentioned that we might have been given test status a little early, and that it would be a shame if Kenya ended up like us. Most readers concentrated on the positive results of Kenya.

Anyway, the fact is, that if we deserve test status, so do Kenya. They just need to prove that they have the infrastructure, and it will all be a forgone conclusion before long; maybe next year.

rafiq
March 18, 2003, 01:48 AM
kenya doesn't have the infrastructure because they don't have the money. they don't get enough games and therefore little income from the game. corporate sponsorships have been minimal. they probably got their share of the icc development budget. anyway all of that should change after this world cup, but those old fogies at the icc will make a mistake if they make kenya wait several more years while they build stadiums and organize first class cricket, etc. if you think about the amount of money bangladeshis like lobi steal from the cricket budget in one year, it probably would have been enough to send kenya over the top by now... (disclaimer: wild speculation on my part, cannot be supported by any factual evidence)

Ehsan
March 18, 2003, 02:18 AM
Well Shahid why should u criticize BD your own country....I never understood your are an Indian or Bangladeshi...I know abt ur story...Just take one side man...

shahid
March 18, 2003, 04:51 AM
Ehsan,

I am more BDi than an Indian. Even you are an 18 year old like me !

James90
March 18, 2003, 05:22 AM
I just read the captions

fwullah
March 18, 2003, 09:09 AM
Our players have got to play well to show to prove words like these wrong:

One can only shudder at what the result might be when Australia finally plays a Test match against the 'deshis!

fwullah
March 18, 2003, 09:12 AM
Got to prove this word wrong:

as Bangladesh are getting worse rather than improving and they are not better than any club side.

fwullah
March 18, 2003, 09:17 AM
the Kenyan cricket team is now in the quarter-finals

Does the above sentence say anything?

Ehsan
March 18, 2003, 03:04 PM
Rather than elevate Kenya maybe we should demote Zimbabwe and Bangladesh?

Ehsan
March 18, 2003, 03:06 PM
Our players must prove this wrong as soon as they can...

The ICC has already made a big mistake by giving Bangladesh Test status and they should not do it again with Kenya

shahid
March 20, 2003, 12:37 AM
See this quote from that site:

Kenya should replace Bangladesh as a Test-playing nation

What are the people taliking about there, Kenya deserves test status but even BD deserves it.

Ehsan
March 20, 2003, 01:18 AM
Lets just forget the critiques just focus on our bright new future and that is what gives me hope on our cricket:)