PDA

View Full Version : English congratulations to the Tigers!

bigwill
June 18, 2005, 02:18 PM
As an English cricket supporter, I've been sick at the pathetic comments by so-called experts about the merits of your team. Today you have done something which we English can only dream of - you've beaten the Aussies. Please don't think of me as some patronising white bloke - we English have always been supporters of the underdog, which is just as well, as all of our sports teams are underdogs! I take far more pleasure from your success today than I will if we repeat it tomorrow. See you in the final - I hope!!!!:bravo::bravo:

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
welcome aboard bigwill. and thanks for your comments. we do have another english lad visiting regularly here (goes by rb22888). so u will not feel lonely.

final is still a dream, but again, who was even dreaming of this?

roi
June 18, 2005, 02:23 PM
Hope to see u in the final....bigwill!!
English supports were trrific throughout the match. thanx for the support.
Hope England will beat AUS tomorrow and bring AUS down to earth and hope this AUS dominating era will be in the history as like as carribians:karate:

Cricket46
June 18, 2005, 02:24 PM
Bigwill what a nice debut post. You are right, the experts and the media never gave us a break. We, more than anyone else are critical of our team. So let's wait to see what the pundits think of us now. As far as I am concerned we are not a much better team than we were yesterday. But the young cricketers were put into a pressure cooker situation 24/7.

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard :)

roi
June 18, 2005, 02:31 PM
by the way, Who won the jackpot of <b>500-1 rated bet</b>?
Any news frm famous british media?:fire::fire::fire::fire:

PoorFan
June 18, 2005, 02:32 PM
Nice to see one more English fan on Bangla cricket. welcome bigwill, hope you will have a great match tomorrow.

bigwill
June 18, 2005, 02:32 PM
When I said I hope to see you in the final, I sort of half-meant that I hoped we'd make it. The Aussies are going to be furious now, which is going to make life harder for us! Now you've got some self-belief back, who knows what you could do! Keep supporting your boys - don't forget it took decades for South Africa, New Zealand, India and Pakistan to win on a regular basis, and that was when England and Australia were nowhere near as powerful as they are now. Celebrate well, my friends!

Carte Blanche
June 18, 2005, 02:41 PM
I understand that rubbing it in on the Aussies is an obligation for an English fan - so, well done ;)

As for our victory, well, thanks.

israr
June 18, 2005, 02:43 PM
bigwill, thanks for supporting Bangladesh. I assure you that all the the members in this forum will be there with you and cheer for England right till the end.

naz
June 18, 2005, 03:06 PM
thanks

dancin in the rain
June 18, 2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for your nice comments bigwill. Welcome to our forum.:)

bigwill
June 18, 2005, 04:53 PM
Thank you all for your kind welcome! I'm off to bed now, but I'll be back! Come on you Tigers! (Except when you play England - sorry!):joy:

ReckmyBack
June 18, 2005, 05:31 PM
But none the less we can't meet England in the final caz we never won an odi with them , Aussies would be better for us . Atleast we will have the confiedence so , we can get things together yao know . We have to play good to do something against England . Can we ?

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 4:40 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
Reason: spelling errors

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:59 PM
WELCOME !!! Thanks

cricket_pagla
June 18, 2005, 11:16 PM
welcom english man!:lol:

m35helal
June 18, 2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks English buddy....but I will happier if we can beat your team..at least once...yaa maan...

BanglaCool
June 19, 2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks. We need all the support and no disparaging comments. We do suffer from aches when the players don't play to their potential. So welcome aboard.

Ejaj
June 19, 2005, 11:04 AM
Bigwill,

Thanks so much my friend and welcome to the forum. It was really nice to see how good a friend you are for BD cricket. BD only needs some time and guidance to come good. For the sake of cricket , we also want our team to come good so that.. it can always make a match intersting enough to watch and pay. But.. we always have to fight against the media unlike any team from the past. I really hope that.. media tries to see the potential of cricket in bangladesh and give the players some breating space.

Again.. Thanks a lot for your support buddy.:)

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 4:06 PM GMT, by Ejaj.

ibnul
June 19, 2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks to all the bristish fan, I was on the stand and I can tell you first hand all the British supported Bangladesh, shouting and cheering on all the shots. Aussies were outnumbered and at the end I remember a bunch of English boys chorus:
"Ricki, Ricki, you are a skipper of a sinking ship"
I love every minute of it..

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks ton Bigwill !

Ur most welcome to our forum.

hope u will enjoy here and there is one more english guy over her who goes by name rob

nywaz u wont feel alone here dude...

so keep in touch with us...

Bangladesh_zindabad
June 19, 2005, 06:45 PM
:fanflag:ya ia am in england now as well.i felt very bad about the media and some so called ex cricketers.i think this one will shut their mouth at least for some time

Up_From_The_Underground
June 19, 2005, 07:22 PM
Nothing extraordinary is not achievable without DREAMING High. If we shoot for the star, and miss it then we will land on the moon.
BD VS ENG - FINAL NATWEST Series
:flag: