PDA

View Full Version : What do you think???

bdmoderator
June 18, 2005, 01:50 PM
Bangladesh beat Australia by 5 wickets.
Do you think this is the biggest shock in Cricket History???

Akib
June 18, 2005, 02:02 PM
I am very sure it is... (i was planning to write f*** ya)....

I cant think of anything that is more shocking than this...

BangladeshFan
June 18, 2005, 02:03 PM
yes it is the biggest shock, if u just look at points table by ICC. Bd is bottom and Aus at top by a huge margin. and was WC winners last two times. i cant recall any other match in ODI cricket history which can match this one.

Aus can offer lots of excuses , no lee, symonds. players are still not in it etc. however they know in the back of their mind, they were simply beaten by a better side and shocked to see the Bd talent in display. Have u noticed even english people jumped up and down when aftab hit that 6?:fanflag:

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:03 PM
YES, simply because we won by chasing

Otherwise Zimbabwe's victory against Australia in 1983 WC, Kenya's victory against WI in 1996 WC and BD's victory against Pakistan in 1999 WC could be comparable.

Carte Blanche
June 18, 2005, 02:29 PM
While showing the ICC's Official ODI Rankings earlier in the morning, the Sky commentators were talking about this being the biggest mismatch in International Cricket, and how it would feel if it were a Boxing Match or a Horse Race. We are officially ranked lower than Zimbos and Kenyans. We're at the bottom of the pile. Now that we have beaten the Aussies, do you consider our victory to be the biggest upset ever in the history of ODI cricket? Surely our win against the Indians/Pakistanis were awesome. Kenya's triumphs in the world cups were remarkable as well. But to me this one is sweeter than them all. This has to be the biggest UPSET in my book. And for once, the whole cricket world will rejoice this victory with us, for it came against the near invincible Aussies. :)

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 02:32 PM
Biggest upset of bd history without any doubt. but biggest upset of ODI history. hard to say, a few more things come in mind: kenya reaching word cup semis, weekend team canada beating a test side, india winning the world cup from underdog, zim beating australia in their first wc match....

but this is the GREATEST win of all.

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:35 PM
It's the biggest because we won by chasing

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Biggest upset of bd history without any doubt. but biggest upset of ODI history. hard to say, a few more things come in mind: kenya reaching word cup semis, weekend team canada beating a test side, india winning the world cup from underdog, zim beating australia in their first wc match....
In all cases, underdogs won by batting first.

bdmoderator
June 18, 2005, 02:39 PM
Already a poll created about it:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=12454

Ahmed_B
June 18, 2005, 02:46 PM
Just a reminder guys!!

This is BD's biggest win so far while chasing a target!
The last one was vs. kenya chasing 236!!

This is just too amazing! :D

cricman
June 18, 2005, 02:51 PM
You know what made this game so great?

It was a good exciting game, I was in the chat room and most of us thought we were gonna choke and when Aftab hit that 6. You should of seen the chat room.

we had RRR of 8 with 25 overs to go that's what was special.

bdmoderator
June 18, 2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
Just a reminder guys!!

This is BD's biggest win so far while chasing a target!
The last one was vs. kenya chasing 236!!

This is just too amazing! :D

You gave another hot INFO man.

:great: :fanflag: :joy: :fire: :bravo:

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 02:59 PM
Cricinfo just labeled our victory as the biggest one-day upset

Read more: Ten biggest one-day upsets (http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/211416.html)