PDA

View Full Version : Please God let England win tomorrow

Rob
June 18, 2005, 05:36 PM
If England lose I am going to cop allsorts of abuse from you Bangladesh fans.

I am confident though.

Lovely_cr
June 18, 2005, 05:39 PM
I belive in England but you know the Aussies. You can never count them off plus now they must be extra focused. Anyhow it will be a good game

Orpheus
June 18, 2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by rob22888
If England lose I am going to cop allsorts of abuse from you Bangladesh fans.

I am confident though.

I think we all want Australia to lose now. I am thinking of the final.... and don't laugh we beat australia....

ReckmyBack
June 18, 2005, 05:40 PM
Hmm Rob that's a good question but as a BD cricket fan we need Australia to win so , if we win one more match ( not gonna happen ) then we might face Aussies with a great confiedence in the final as we beat them once in few days ago as we never won against England as yet . So , no confiedence against England with us , you know .

But tommorrow would be a great match but i put my money on Aussies .

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:42 PM GMT, by ReckmyBack.
Reason: add some more

Spitfire_x86
June 18, 2005, 05:42 PM
I want England to win tomorrow. Then the Aussies will be under even more pressure when they face us at the next round.

Rob
June 18, 2005, 05:43 PM
I would be lieing if I wasn't a bit concerned about the match tomorrow.

I am clinging onto the threory that the Australians can't turn things around on a coach and then in their sleep. Also Ponting and Gilchrist will be up late dealing with this Symonds enquiry.

The Aussies will be looking to bounce back strong, I wouldn't put it past them.

I remain confident though :)

ReckmyBack
June 18, 2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I want England to win tomorrow. Then the Aussies will be under even more pressure when they face us at the next round.

No then they will make 400 + against us . They can't miss the final you know .

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 05:47 PM
its a 3 match against each (6 total for each team) tournament. how come u guys are thinking of finals? even if we win one more there will be lots of IFs.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 05:50 PM
Hey Rob, don't worry. Australia turned out to be our closest rival this series, it is not England anymore. So, all the abuse now will be directed to Aussie fans (but unfortunately they don't exist in this board).

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:51 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Rob
June 18, 2005, 05:53 PM
To be honest, I would much rather Australia were awesome in this one day series, destroy everyone in sight, and then get weaker towards the end of the tour when the Ashes are taking place.

I of course say this from a English point of view because the Ashes are more important than one day tournaments.

Unfortunatly, the Aussies will get stronger and stronger and end up being awesome in the Ashes. Australia can only go up from today. :(

Sham
June 18, 2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by rob22888
I would be lieing if I wasn't a bit concerned about the match tomorrow.

I am clinging onto the threory that the Australians can't turn things around on a coach and then in their sleep. Also Ponting and Gilchrist will be up late dealing with this Symonds enquiry.

The Aussies will be looking to bounce back strong, I wouldn't put it past them.

I remain confident though :)

Having watched every ball of today's match, I really can't see how Australia is going to turn it around in one night to be honest Rob.

Okay, so the batting was a bit cautious because they all wanted to spend some time in the middle, and after the early collapse, Clark and Martin thought that it was a good opportunity for them to do so. Couple that with the fact that they thought any target they set would be too good for us and that possibly explains why they didn't push the pace more when they batted.

But the bowling was ordinary to say the least (taking a leaf out of Nafees' book). Without Lee, they seriously lack fire power as surprisingly, neither of the three Aussie pacers got above 82 mph, which is not a whole lot better than our lot. And on a warm and sunny day with the pitch drying out, the bowlers did nothing that would trouble an in-form batting line-up like England's. After all, Somerset scored 350 runs against these guys.

So, unless something tremendous happens to McGrath and co, I see England piling on the runs and putting the Aussie batting under pressure if they bat first, or challenge any total that the Aussies might set them. I would be very very surprised if England doesn't win tomorrow.

It will be a different story in the Tests with Lee being fit and a certain chap called Warne in the fold. But the Natwest Series and the Natwest Challenge are England's for the taking.

Btw, did you guys notice that Taposh was bowling as quick if not a shade quicker than Mashrafe in his first spell? He was consistently around 82 mph, while Mashrafe varied between 80 and 82.

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:57 PM GMT, by Sham.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 05:57 PM
Edited on, June 18, 2005, 10:59 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Rubayed
June 18, 2005, 06:02 PM
With all due respect to England and We bangladeshis,,I frankly beleive Aussies have it in them to turn things around even with in a day. I still think they r capable of beating England tommorrow althopugh i personally would like England to win just for the sake of us;) beside i just hear the comments of Maninder Singh on our win and he said that Australian Downfall has started,,,I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this! Anyways,,i m too exhausted out of excitement even to bother talking about any other teams but only us we Bangladeshis:) Its a proud day for us and naively enough I would love to get a win against England.

Sham
Well, no! The pitches vary with grounds. The Oval pitch for example is a good one to bat on, and is generally nice and quick and there is a bit of bounce and turn in it for the spinners. Headingly is a seamers pitch and the ball moves around a lot. The rest of the Test grounds have pretty typical English pitches.

The difference is, a Test pitch is played on for five consecutive days, and therefore gets a lot of wear and tear, which will interest the likes of Warne and Giles, especially since the Ashes is being played so late in summer!

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 11:04 PM GMT, by Sham.

Rob
I expect the pitches in the Ashes to be prepared as green tops (in other words doctored) to assist the likes of Hoggard and Jones who swing the ball both ways.

There is also a theory that the Aussies batting is suspectable against swing.

For the one dayers, the pitches will be predomenantly flatter because thats what one day pitches are supposed to be like.

Carte Blanche
June 18, 2005, 06:12 PM
The title of this topic is funny. It reminds me of a quote.

I don't exactly recall which movie it was... but I remember a quote that goes like this...

A priest and a rabbi went to watch a boxing match. One boxer was kissing his cross before the match begun. The rabbi asked the priest "what does kissing the cross stand for?". The priest said "If he can't fight, not a damn thing".

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:51 PM
Rob this match would have taken alot out of the Australia team, guess they will complain if the scheduling.

Plus there is no variety in thier bowling. They Miss Symonds that guy can clear ropes easily.

If I am correct Bg play Aust and Eng one more time... I hope Eng paste the Aussies(2 times) and dont give them the bonus point, I hope we play decent against England and get a bonus point.... and a bonus point against Australia. That way we will have 7 points. Aus wil have 5 points. Hope Iam right in my Calcs

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 09:40 PM
not one more time, but twice.

i want the aussies to win. i want it to get interesting. :)

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 2:41 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: oh and the plus point is that we can all throw all kinds of abuse at rob if that happens ;)

cricfanz
June 18, 2005, 10:00 PM
i want the aussies to win, just so that its proof that we were fighting an already-weakened aussie team. a win against england will prove that the aussies are very strong indeed...and we still beat them...

no offense. rob....england will still win the ashes..hahha..

Orpheus
June 18, 2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by cricfanz

no offense. rob....england will still win the ashes..hahha..

You mean Australia

cricfanz
June 18, 2005, 10:12 PM
No, i mean england..:D..im hoping that the aussies beat england in the ODIs and england beats the aussies in the Ashes...

and i dunno why i want it this way...

Mav
June 18, 2005, 10:19 PM
I see England winning the game.

Both team bats well but hamirson, flintoff - their bowling has a lot more pace and bounce than mcgrath and gallispi.