PDA

View Full Version : England tactics for tomorrow.

Rob
June 18, 2005, 05:49 PM
OK, the obvious ones :

1. Play aggresive cricket
2. Believe in yourself
3. Attack as much as possible

Now, the not so obvious :

1) Make Geraint Jones stand up to the stumps when Lewis is bowling so Hayden can't charge him. Hayden gets out a lot to stand a deliver shots against medium pacers.

2) Try the best you can to get after McGrath. If England can get 50 off McGraths overs it sortof ruins the Aussies plans.

3) Get after Hogg. He is there for the taking, hit sixes :)

Anything else you can think of?

GO ENGLAND :fire:

Carte Blanche
June 18, 2005, 05:55 PM
1. Exploit Ponting's extravagant lunge forward when he is new to the crease. He is very often an LBW Candidate.

2. Bog Hayden down with short of a length deliveries outside the off. (Getting Gilly out first is crucial though - as is the rest of the top order lol)

3. Don't make the mistake BD did. Yeah we won the game but our field setting for Damien Martyn wasn't good. He has a tendency of whipping balls on the stump off his hips or flicks around the forward midwicket region. Don't keep the midwicket region vacant like Bashar did. I'm sure the England think-tank have done their homework - and Vaughan won't make these mistakes.

4. If the Aussies try to sledge you - tell 'em "oh yah? what happened yesterday?"

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 05:55 PM
England's tactics for tomorrow: learn from bangladesh. play the way they did :)

Rubayed
June 18, 2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
England's tactics for tomorrow: learn from bangladesh. play the way they did :)

Right on the money bro!!!

Rob
June 18, 2005, 05:58 PM
What I find most encoraging is that with no Lee, the Aussie attack is all medium pace and there isn't a lot of variety it seems, whereas Englands attack has more variation.

England should bowl first if they win the toss.

At Bristol, it tends to do a bit early on in the day and then turn into a brilliant batting pitch later on.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 06:01 PM
My advice to England: Don't be overconfident as Ponting was today.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche

If the Aussies try to sledge you - tell 'em "oh yah? what happened yesterday?"
:D They can irritate the hell out of Ponting just doing that.

Edited on, June 18, 2005, 11:04 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

Carte Blanche
I don't think overconfidence or complacency will be a problem with England. Their batters are in good form, and they know they got Australia in a gutter. They'll try to deliver the knock out punch tomorrow.

Rob
I don't think the England team would be stupid enough to get overconfident when playing Australia. (I hope not anyway).

imran78
June 18, 2005, 06:12 PM
the way australia is playing england should win easily. their bowling is ORDINARY! even mcgrath and gillespe looked no better than avg bowlers. so the aussies would need to really notch up their performance by a whole load if they have any chance of winning.

Edited on, July 25, 2005, 11:09 AM GMT, by imran78.

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:45 PM
I rate The English Bowling Highly, quality Seam bowlers !!!

ReckmyBack
June 18, 2005, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by imran78
the way australia is playing england should win easily. i just watched the match and their bowling is ORDINARY! even mcgrath and gillespe looked no better than avg bowlers. so the aussies would need to really notch up their performance by a whole load if they have any chance of winning.

Australia is the one those team in the world who can turn the things around on their way at any time . They have beaten by Pakistan in odi this year too but they did win the series in a style . Aussies are still favourites and they will win tomorrow with no questions asked .