PDA

View Full Version : Is taposh faster than mash?

obernell
June 18, 2005, 06:38 PM
i don't know if u guys noticed, but taposh bowled pretty fast today. also he has a long run up, longer than any of the bd or australian bowlers. i'm sure he can get even faster, but his problem is that he doesn't maintain the line that well. but he is a pretty dependable wicket taking bowler for bd. Mash was great, he just needs to maintain his form. Although nazmul did pretty well today in the first spell, but he lost his line and lenght towards the end. Last but not the least, having aftab to bowl for all ten overs is huge bonus for us, he could be our genuine allrounder if he improves his bowling a little bit more.

crickwizard
June 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
they are pretty close in average. Officially Masri is faster among the two. Sahadat Rajib is fastest in BD team. There is another unoffcial fastest one, his name is Wazkuruni (Palash)

Sham
June 18, 2005, 06:44 PM
I think Aftab's bowling will improve with experience. There is not much bowling tips you can give to a part-timer. He will just pick up the tricks as he goes along, like when to bowl the slower ball, how to adjust his length to different batsmen and in different situations. At the end of the day, we just need to him to do a tidy 10 over 45 run job consistently.

As for Taposh, I mentioned in another thread that he was bowling quicker than Mashrafe in his first spell but I think Mashrafe can bowl quicker if he wants. He probably holds back a little in the ODIs. His fastest ball today was 83.4 I think, but he was bowling at an average of about 81, whereas Taposh averaged about 82. Hardly a difference, but Taposh was hitting the 82 mark more often than Mashrafe. Taposh also swung the white ball. I think Taposh should continue to open with Mashrafe, but he needs to stop no-balling.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by obernell
taposh bowled pretty fast today. also he has a long run up, longer than any of the bd or australian bowlers.
I missed the bowling of Bangladesh today. Was he running more than he usually does? That may be the reason behind so many no-balls.

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 07:06 PM
tapash has indeed been faster than masri on several occassions in the past. masri cut his pace down after his injury.

opening_batsman
June 18, 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes Taposh is faster, he bowled on average 82/83 and some even greater than 84mph

Ishtylish cricketer
June 18, 2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah today he bowled faster but man his no-balls are annoying to watch. He could have picked up 4 had it not been for a no-ball. He had Hayden out... and had Hayden been out at that point who knows who little the Aussies would have scored... but I wouldn't want things to be different because this was pretty sweet.

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:35 PM
Yeh But is Tapash fully fit? He seemed bit in discomfort? Hope he is ok for the next game. Whatmore talked about one change? Iqbal out ? has he had his chances on the tour ?

al Furqaan
June 18, 2005, 09:25 PM
i saw tapash in his 2nd spell hitting 80...but i also saw 72.

mash had 80-83

ManInBlack
June 18, 2005, 09:52 PM
From what I've noticed yesterday Mashrafe Mortaza, Tapash Baisya, JN Gillespie, MS Kasprowicz and GD McGrath all of them are bowling around 81 mph

cricket_pagla
June 18, 2005, 11:05 PM
among bd... tapash was faster than.. murtoza!

Ahmed_B
June 19, 2005, 05:40 AM
Tapash is not an ususal faster than masree. His averae bowling speed is most of the times below 80 where mash's is 80+.

Trying to bowl faster...Tapash gave away 7 runs per over and lots of extra runs. Good that he got 3 wickets.. otherwise he would really be in trouble!

sham1980
June 19, 2005, 06:11 AM
But as you all know its not just about pace, its about Bounce, agression as well where Mash wins.

Right_Way
June 19, 2005, 06:54 AM
Yes sir! Mash is far superior bowler than Taposh. He is just world class. We just need one more of Mash. I am not sure if Taposh is the one though or not. He did a great job yesterday.

We just need to get some killer instinct in Mash. Need a bowling coach in the shape of Akram to inject that into him. Actually one killer bowler is good enough as Sri Lanka has only Vas.

Killer means, sure to take a pop or two in first 5 overs of spell in every game.

Originally posted by sham1980@hotmail.com
But as you all know its not just about pace, its about Bounce, agression as well where Mash wins.