PDA

View Full Version : What did you do right after this memorable victory?

Ishtylish cricketer
June 18, 2005, 07:58 PM
Hi guys!
I live in Toronto, Canada and we are emphatically celebrating this Bd victory over the Aussies. I am wondering if people back home are getting any sleep or just too busy celebrating? As soon as the riskey single was successfully taken by Aftab I made few phone calls and talked to my relatives in Sylhet they were delirious. What about you guys?

ReckmyBack
June 18, 2005, 08:02 PM
I will just buy a newspaper as i live in Sydney , Australia . And also i am gonna read what makes the Aussies humbles against the Minnows ?
Then i go and check today's match preview and definately put my money on to Beat England .
Cheers and good Luck to Aussies for tonight .

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 1:03 AM GMT, by ReckmyBack.

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 08:04 PM
I called everyone i know would understand the situation and actually couple white friend who had no diea about cricket, but explained them first anyway. lol. well, before that i just yelled and jumped like a 5 years old kid for a while. jumped on the bed until i heard the cracking sound. good thing no one else was around to see what i was doing.

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 08:14 PM
i was too stunned. came to know about it when i got a call from my brother in bangladesh. logged into banglacricket and cricinfo immediately. was in a complete shock.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 08:16 PM
I woke up my Indian room mate. First he thought we got another win against Aussie U/19, then wanted to say something about match fixing, but stopped it when I reminded him our win against his country last December.

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:19 PM
1st: I text every one I know.
2nd I watched the video in full.
3rd Was thinking about all the bad things that was said about Bashar/Ash/Javed/Nazmul in this forum and what the English Media and in general said about Bg team. They bit quiet now aint they ?

AsifTheManRahman
June 18, 2005, 08:20 PM
oh and i called one of my indian friends. that should be enough to spread the word among my other paki/indian/sri lankan friends :P

sham1980
June 18, 2005, 08:20 PM
Talking of the U19 I wonder How Aftab/Nazmul/Nafees feel after being in the team that Beat Aus U19 in Plate final ?

sadhat
June 18, 2005, 08:26 PM
After six, my nephew (grade 11) started screaming and could not stop for 5 minutes. Another nephew (in Uni)(tall guy and play cricket in Toronto) started jumping and jumping and jumping high. I was screaming to wakeup neighbourhood and tell them "HEY WE CAN BEAT NO 1"

banindfan
June 18, 2005, 08:41 PM
Guys I have always followed bangla cricket.I dont think even my country(India) has such a passsionate cric fan club as yours.Bangladesh have the future of Asian cricket in their hands.Mohammad Ashraful,Aftab Ahmad and Mashrafe are gonna become one of the greats the game has ever seen .
Undoubtedly Ashraful is just like the young Tendulkar,he has amazing ability tto dominate any bowling attack.Aftab is awesome..
Cherish this great day in your cricketing history ....there are more to come in Bangladesh cricket in a couple of years.

fan_frm_the_uk
June 18, 2005, 09:04 PM
I was really lucky guys. I got the opporunity to watch it on the field. Funny thing is I was the first supporters running towards the players. I know it sounds joke, but this is exactly what I did.

Mahir
June 18, 2005, 09:06 PM
i cried right after!

rafiq
June 18, 2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by fan_frm_the_uk
I was really lucky guys. I got the opporunity to watch it on the field. Funny thing is I was the first supporters running towards the players. I know it sounds joke, but this is exactly what I did.

hey welcome to the board. you need to write in on how it was watching this firsthand!

ManInBlack
June 18, 2005, 10:13 PM
My aussie boss told me after the england match..."dont be sad atleast your team can participate" ... Tomorrow I'm gonna give a small party at office and I'll tell him "dont be sad atleast your team tried"....I cant wait

JUBAiR
June 18, 2005, 10:15 PM
right after the game i called my father, may be one of the great fans of Bangladesh Cricket and then we screamed :D and then we friends went out... we hoped to see atleast few Bangladeshi Enthusiastics but couldnt find as it was 4AM(i live in Sydney :S), we roamed around in the city till 5:30 and it was fun .. we screamed, blowen the horn, we had flags in our cars..(we only had 6 cars with us.. hoped to find more), we told the police to piss off.. as we defeated them.. funny enough they said nothing and left :D:D:D.. the happiest day in my life..

ManInBlack
June 18, 2005, 10:22 PM
NIce one Jubair...I also took a victory drive after the match from ashfield to north sydney and back....Maybe we shud catch up on our next victory drive.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 18, 2005, 10:44 PM
Where are the replies from home?

cricket_pagla
June 18, 2005, 10:49 PM
SCREAM n RUN... in Dhaka's empty nite road!

aosaif
June 19, 2005, 09:38 AM
i live in papua new guinea

was watching it with my brother and father

all of us were really tense until aftab hit the six. When we won, all of us went totally nuts. My dad boldly declared that we would become world champions in five years. Fat chance, but he likes making big statements and I was in a very agreeable mood.

after that i logged onto banglacricket and read a billion articles. I stayed up a bit longer after everyone else went to bed, just savouring the victory privately and reading what all the posts on this website.

I was especially pleased that macgill, friggin channel seven presenter, was entirely embaressed and wasn't thinking at all about what he was saying. In the morning all the aussie news presenters repeatedly expressed there complete shock and disbelief at what happened.

My MSN name is now "Joy Bangla"

Flipper
June 19, 2005, 09:47 AM
Man, I was speechless till this morning. I was kind of stuporus to be exact. I couldn't move at all. This morning I visited the all the international forums like BBC TMS, C4 etc, read all the articles, but It's funny that I think subconciously I am still in denial.

It was one of the brightest days of my life!

BangladeshFan
June 19, 2005, 10:03 AM
when aftab hit that 6, i knew bd won this one. i jumped up same way i jumped when pilot hit that 6 against kenya. before this win i put kenya win was the biggest because win by batting second gives greater satisfaction. but this is the biggest win because the scalp was australia. winning against india/pakistan is nothing compared to this one.

i called two of flat mates who were at work and both were stunned.

Spitfire_x86
June 19, 2005, 10:04 AM
Read as many match reports as possible and went through almost every new threads in this forum.

Hatebreed
June 19, 2005, 10:10 AM
I did the same as Spitfire_x86,.. read almost every news and forum article I could intake. Though I didn't watch the match. I got the news by text message from my cousin saying "cheer up for bangladesh!!".. i was like WTF?! .. I checked the news, and so shocked that I kept saying "oh $.hit!" :fire:

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 3:12 PM GMT, by Hatebreed.

Samir
June 19, 2005, 10:13 AM
when it came to the last two overs, my heart beat was way too high and i got worried....then i brought my mom to my room and hold her tight as i was shaking.....we needed 7 runs in the last over, when aftab hit that six i was hugging my mom adn jumping like a little kid, my mom doesn't know anything about cricket but she celebrated with me...it was something i will never forget........then i called few friend in bandgladesh........

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 3:15 PM GMT, by Samir.

dorbesh
June 19, 2005, 10:19 AM
I jumped in the air and shout like...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

and after that i was setting with MY PC and search for match report and pictures...:)

Ejaj
June 19, 2005, 10:46 AM
Oh my God.. I will never forget the day I had yesterday. i was too tensed with my thesis work when I just logged in to Cricbuzz to see the score, The score wasnt great at that time (when JO and Tushar just came in). So.. I mimimized the score and kept on working. After another one hour.. I checked again and this time.. score looked interesting. So.. i kept the window open and checking the score every now and then. As the game progressed .. specially after 30 overs.. it was getting extremely difficult to continue my work. So. I stopped working:D and started following the match. OH boy.. last few overs.. I was sooo much excited .. my heart kept beating like machine gun. I had BBC online radio running and just couldnt hold on to seat infront of the PC. So.. I went to my smoking room and from there.. I kept on smoking one after another for next 5 overs......... Oh my god.. everytime.. our batsman was facing the bowler.. i was expecting an OUT: and.. then.. to the greatest pleasure of mine. I could hear the crowd from the firled scream.. and I knew.. it was something better. Last over.. I will never ever forget. To my wildest dream even.. I couldnt think about the victory and even Aftab was there.. I couldnt believe that BD could make those 7 Runs. Then.. there is that Bang!.. SIX... SIX.. OH my GOd.. that was a Six.. I couldnt belive what I am listening............... Oh my God!!!.. It was most shocking but most pleasurabler scream I have ever heard. The Exctement was Sooo Great.. i could hardly keep on standing on feet. :D I cant express how it was in the 5 mins.

As soon as I get sense.. I jumped to BC forum. and wanted to post.. but.. BC web got down:D:D:D. Boy.. this is the first time.. a technology got beaten by the sheer pasion of fans::D. Soon I received phone calls from my other bangladeshi friends here and we all were shouting. But. I was too desparate to check and write in my favourite forum. But.. IT WAS NOT HAPPENING: Soon after that.. I received phone cal from my wife and my whole house was screaming.. I could hear that. Boy.. what a day for me,... what a night for BD ppl in BD.

Simply.................... Unbelievable!!!!!!

Faisal
June 19, 2005, 11:29 AM
i was dancing ...... hehehee

ibnul
June 19, 2005, 11:29 AM
I was in Cardiff, seen it first hand, Ooh man, what a feeling, I have seen the other great victory over Pakistan in 1997 as well, but this one was so sweet. I went in the field and taken as many pictures I could of this famous day.

Yameen
June 19, 2005, 01:54 PM
i was also lucky to be at the ground

I hugged my father then just ran onto the field shouting and blowing horns in the ears of the aussie fans!

got a couple of autographs and took pictures of the players and presentation!:flag::flag::flag:

Locutus
June 19, 2005, 02:00 PM
I passed OUT! no no... I was so delihgted that I broke my $300 rolling chair.

Yameen
June 19, 2005, 02:01 PM
I also remember going upto the sky sports camera outside the gates and shouting
''where is shane warne and mr richie benaud???!!''
''we can beat minor counties like australia!!!'' (out of excitement)
also said
''take away australia's one day status''
then went away laughing and cheering!!!!
JOY BANGLA!!! :fanflag:

Sami
June 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Yameen
I also remember going upto the sky sports camera outside the gates and shouting
''where is shane warne and mr richie benaud???!!''
''we can beat minor counties like australia!!!'' (out of excitement)
also said
''take away australia's one day status''
then went away laughing and cheering!!!!
JOY BANGLA!!! :fanflag:

you're the man!!!!

My "right after this memorable victory" period is still going on.. i am still awestruck... still screaming out in joy every other hour...

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 05:55 PM
Edited on, June 19, 2005, 10:59 PM GMT, by CTazim.

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 05:55 PM
My compadres, Mitu and Khaled came to my house at midnight from NYC. Khaled whose reference to cricket is based on his knowledge of baseball was saying how bad Bangladesh was in cricket. Around 4:00 A.M I told Mitu and Khaled that I think, Inshallah, Bangladesh will win today.

I looged on to BC at 4:00 A.M and asked Zunaid whether the GMT time was right through the forum. Yaser answered that is starts at 10:45 (Daylight savings, GMT etc are confusing). So, I watched the Merill award in NTV until the game. Now when Aussies were at 9/2 I was running around the house only to find everyone fast asleep. Anyway, when everyone was up around 10 or 11:00 A.M, Bangladesh needed 73 off of last 10 overs. and all of us watched the game together until the fat lady sang :)

Anyway, after Bangladesh had won, throughout the day, I was just watchin, reading, everything I can find about the Bang-Auss game. At times the computer monitor was getting blurry...

Today the whole day was spend pretty muchinfront of the computer and writing on the forum and protesinng to the best of my ability to insults by certain quarters (in the name of praise for Bangldesh) in Indian (cricinfo and other) and British media. :o:clap:

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 10:59 PM GMT, by CTazim.

Mahir
June 19, 2005, 06:32 PM
agree with radicalsami, same going on with me! Still trying to absorb what BD really achieved on June the 18th, 2005...

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 19, 2005, 06:41 PM
jaihok,
shobar moton kintu amaro aki obostha. hotat kore kintu amar chokhe ghum nai. kemon jeno shob kichu ulta palta mone hochhe. shudhui khali boshe boshe khelar khobor gula bar bar porchi. ar protibari mone hochhe jeno ak odbhoot kahini porchi. dhannabad.

sunniath
June 19, 2005, 10:06 PM
i was screaming like many others.read probably all the articles available on the web.my father callled me from home and he was excited like a kid.have you noticed that we on the game same way as we did against kenya in ICC. a six and a scrambled single.even aftab ran like shanto(i guess) after scoring the winning run.man,no matter what i write,it wont be enough to describe.i think everybody feels the same way.it's more like falling in love for the first time.

Rubayed
June 20, 2005, 02:02 AM
I was extremely unfortunate not to watch the full game, i saw it untill Golla got out and then i had to leave for work, while at work i got a text from my dad about the end result and i was ecstatic. I could barely contain myself from getting emotional. I rushed and drove back to my home on my break and hugged my parents and my brother as if its Eid day. Then i called my girlfriend and gave her the news and said, " Before today the happiest day of my life was the day when i met u":) Later I cried and cried. This win was not only special because we won against Australia but also because of the timing of it, since we were severely criticised by English media, few other big heads and a so called veteran cricket pundit.

bop
June 20, 2005, 12:37 PM
i didn't watch the game as it starts at 4 :45 A.M at my end.. .. any way i woke up in the morning and read the same artcile again and again .. in bbc and cricinfo .. man it's really feels good when non-bangladeshis write some thing good about us.

by the way .. what is wrong with bdlive?

ZunaidH
June 20, 2005, 12:48 PM
I took my wife to watch a hindi movie, "Pareeneta", at a nearby AMC and actually enjoyed it. I am not sure if it was the game or was it the familiarity of Shorot Chatterjee...