PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe they brought it up!!!!

obernell
June 18, 2005, 08:34 PM
"However poor Aussies were, i cant imagine them just losing to Bangladeshis. I am sure that there is some betting scandal brewing on here. I hope the ICC investigates this match. Imagine the kind of money won by guys who would have placed their bets on Bangladesh"

sourece: <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1119115038-17220.36%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1119115038-17220.36%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=tms.southasian&sort=Te">BBC TMS</a>

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 4:37 AM GMT, by Rajputro.

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 10:23 PM GMT, by radicalsami.

Rubu
June 18, 2005, 08:36 PM
well, it would have been bought up by someone at some point for sure. but since it was against aussies, it will stop right there too. dont worry about it. they have nothing else to say.

TheWatcher
June 18, 2005, 08:36 PM
Take it easy, everyone talks **** when they are in shock;)

Ehsan
June 18, 2005, 08:40 PM
I knew it was coming.

cricket_pagla
June 18, 2005, 11:22 PM
:duh: dis time Aussies!:exclamation:

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:35 AM
This is Nonsense. It's appalling how some people will always try to tarnish what happens to be the greatest cricketing upset of all time.

howzatt!
June 19, 2005, 02:58 AM
let them say whatever they want. anyone who watched the game should have no doubt about bangladesh's victory today.

why this game couldn't have been fixed:

1) Ashes is just around the corner and they were to send a message to england by defeating Bangladesh heavily.

2) They needed to boost their confidence after losing to england by 100 runs in 20-20 match and somerset.

3) frustration on the faces of australian cricketers (specially ponting) showed how humiliated they were to lose against bangladesh.

4). BD batsmen have a tendency of throwing their wickets away even if opposition bowlers don't appear too threatning. BD wouldn't have taken the risk of scoring 150 from last 20 overs. katich wouldn't have taken that outstanding catch of tushar imran. habibul bashar wouldn't have taken that risky single to lose his wicket at that vital stage of the game.

5) this defeat is gonna hurt australia's image and ranking badly. australia wouldn't have done it intentionally. not against bangladesh. they have made numerous negetive statements against bangladesh. now they are eating their own words. they wouldn't have done that intentionally.

6) Australians are in terrible form. had it been australia's only defeat in the tour, there still could be some doubt in some ppl's mind. but this is australia's third defeat in the tour in as many games. they are just horribly out of form and short in confidence. they wouldn't have lost this game intentioanlly at this moment (after two humiliating defeats, before ashes and a day before they face england in natwest series).

7) according to commentators and ponting himself, australia fielded better than their two previous games. they wouldn't have done that had this game been fixed.

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 8:01 AM GMT, by howzatt!.

RazabQ
June 19, 2005, 03:10 AM
Look mate, this sort of rubbish accusations should not be even acknowledged with a response.

salin
June 19, 2005, 03:11 AM
Howzatt,
well said....

Mueid
June 19, 2005, 03:55 AM
yeah well said howzatt

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 04:06 AM
Hey..just shut up...Bangldeshi cricketers are aint at that level to do some match fixing here....okies...

Australia were defeated by Somerset even after scoring 300+ which i blv was match fixed...

This Match they were actually winning coz we saw the req. run rate was 8 and our runrate was nearly four....but our professionalism attiutde & approach helped. We counted too much on 1's & 2's in evry over rather than on our own usual style of hitting 4's in everyway...we played really good....Ash played like a professionalism...he hit only 7 4's///so it shows that they planned before the voctory..

so..those guys who thinks this match was fixed...plz plz plz..just shut up....whn some1 is really shocked he gonnasay like that...
so just shut up...:E:E:E

LateCut
June 19, 2005, 05:52 AM
I thought of betting a few pounds for BD just for fun. I am sure a few Australians actually did. 500:1 is an odd that does not come along every day. Let them investigate it. I wish they do and hope they find something. Atleast gets distracted from the game of playing cricket.

sham1980
June 19, 2005, 06:25 AM
You know what every single game Bg has been involved is match fixed, what they do is make sure BG lose matches badly match after match then out of no where they put money on BG to win no where ? lol shut up all you un-apprecitiave people.

Ahmed_B
June 19, 2005, 07:12 AM
i am surprised to see some of you guys even respond to it or trying to justify them wrong!

We really should have enough confidence by now to overlook and completely ignore these rubbish... rather than spending time to 'justify them wrong' !!

And also... pls avoid badmouthing!

Ishtylish cricketer
June 19, 2005, 07:25 AM
Aussies are playing bad today too. Nothing to fear... Hard to fix a match that will finish with 4 balls to go. Hard to script and execute. We just have to beat the British jerks and then they will shut up then.

ekatturerBangalee
June 19, 2005, 07:31 AM
Comments by THE HINDU newspaper from India:

"Bangladesh does not have a bowler quick enough to rough up anyone over the age of 10, yet found five bowlers too lively for the Aussie top order."

What a comment on such a historic win!!! Dada please show professionalism in reporting.......

BanglaCool
June 19, 2005, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
i am surprised to see some of you guys even respond to it or trying to justify them wrong!

We really should have enough confidence by now to overlook and completely ignore these rubbish... rather than spending time to 'justify them wrong' !!

And also... pls avoid badmouthing!

That's right! I loathe the appalling speculation that does no good than take our credit. Dissed be them. We don't care. We are just too happy for Aussies brilliant but failed fight against Bangladesh.

BanglaCool
June 19, 2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ekatturerBangalee

"Bangladesh does not have a bowler quick enough to rough up anyone over the age of 10, yet found five bowlers too lively for the Aussie top order."

What a comment on such a historic win!!! Dada please show professionalism in reporting.......
Do you have a link? It time to get to the editor.

Akib
June 19, 2005, 09:24 AM
Anyways, Aussies are too arrogant to do this. Anyways this always happens when BD wins.

Mueid
June 19, 2005, 09:34 AM

bullsh*t, does he remember how masri kicked dravids and sehwags a$$?

sajid
June 19, 2005, 09:41 AM

says so the paper of a country who can't produce ONE fast bowler out of a BILLION souls.:D

howzatt!
June 19, 2005, 02:01 PM

<b><u>Show him this:</u></b>
<BR>
http://www.banglacricket.com/games/images/cricketers/Mashrafe-vs-Shewag.gif

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 7:05 PM GMT, by howzatt!.

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:08 PM
I wonder if the thread starter was simply trying to stir the pot by citing BBC as the source. It is actually taken from the BBC messageboard (which, as we know, is known for jealous Indian Lunatics),

bdbazar_com
June 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
I was reading some pakistani message board they are really taking us seriously, but few indian site forum still think this is a fluke.//

ekatturerBangalee
June 19, 2005, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BanglaCool

Do you have a link? It time to get to the editor.

http://www.hindu.com/2005/06/19/stories/2005061913841700.htm

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by obernell
"However poor Aussies were, i cant imagine them just losing to Bangladeshis. I am sure that there is some betting scandal brewing on here. I hope the ICC investigates this match. Imagine the kind of money won by guys who would have placed their bets on Bangladesh"

sourece: <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?thread=%3C1119115038-17220.36%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&find=%3C1119115038-17220.36%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk%3E&board=tms.southasian&sort=Te">BBC</a>

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 4:37 AM GMT, by Rajputro.

The best way to stop the B[&** S***] Broadcasting Corporation from writing this type of hog wash stories is to consistently play better-- Remember we won 4 of the last 9 ODIS.

Azim

One World
June 19, 2005, 05:32 PM
I object the first line. Bangladesh is definitely not the worst team in the World!

What a phrasing to humiliate the neighbour.

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 05:35 PM
What do you expect from a country whose r cricket legend, the perpetual b.s.er (whose popular phrase is "leg cutter") Sunil G never heard of Masri and has to make sure to incude a below par bowler like Rana from Pakistan.

Tehsin
June 19, 2005, 06:29 PM
thehindu@vsnl.com

Feel free to send your comments (keep it civil) to the editors of the Hindu.

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 06:33 PM
hehehehe...don't lose your sleep on this guys lolol...when i called up one of my indian friends after i heard about the win, his first reaction was "Was the match fixed?" lololol...too bad they were beaten by us, and can't derive the same pleasure that we can from beating australia either. :D

i'd say forget it. things like these will come. the world's not like those kiddy cartoons where the characters live in a small and peaceful town and everyone's good to everyone else and there's no bad things. those are just made to screw up those little kids' minds so that they fail to face up to the world when they grow up lol. the real world has both good and jealous people :). so sleep well!

Tehsin
June 19, 2005, 06:58 PM
one thing I noticed about indian media - they are disgustingly patriotic. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic but they go overboard. The littlest achievements are HAILED while the failures are shoved into a closet (so big that .....). When it comes to their neighbors, especially the weaker ones - the big brother in them reveals its uglyness. So, whenever we win and accomplish some glory, please do yourself a favor and ignore the Indian media. No point dragging yourself down (which i sadly did with this post) to their level.

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by CTazim
Remember we won 4 of the last 9 ODIS.

Azim

i believe it's 5/9.

ehtasum_
June 19, 2005, 10:09 PM
you know what?? hell wit this.... hindu.com ? ^o) what is that... some ppl just cant apricate ... every time somtin happens some1 gotta bullshit.... well i am in canada n in here i got friends from all pbver da country... n for some reason ma fiendz from paki, srilanka, carabian everyone sayin nice game and suporting but indian friends always gotta say a crap comment like it was matcvh fixing or it was a fluke .... really makes me mad.... even wen we won against indian said da same thing....so i juss guess best thing to do is just let them talk their talk and just ignore dem.... Because a win is a win nomatter what,....bengal for lifee:fanflag:

RBTiger
June 20, 2005, 12:30 AM

Until recently, I wonder what bowlers India had. Kapil and Srinath were great, but bowlers like Roger Binny, Parabhakar and and who can forget Prasad the legspinner, spearheaded (don't make me laugh any harder) india'a bowling for a long time alongside those two. And they have been playing test cricket for over 50 years!! Who are they to talk about roughing up players over the age of 10? That's all these bowlers were good for, Kindergarten cricket.