PDA

View Full Version : The jobs only just begun

James90
June 19, 2005, 12:28 AM
With that win Bangladesh are up to second on the table with Australia on the bottom. Judging by Australia's form they will struggle to beat England at all this series and if Bangladesh were to get just 1 more win then there may well be a finals birth. With this win they have shown their worth and put come shivers down the oppositions spine, they have renewed confidence and an inform batting lineup. If they can beat Australia once why can't they beat England or Australia again. It is possible for Bangladesh to make the final and they should be aiming for that, once in the finals the target will be altered again.

TheWatcher
June 19, 2005, 01:19 AM
James, obviously you know about Australian team better than me, but it is kind a hard to imagine Ponting and Co. won't eventually bounce back to win couple of matches against England. It is even harder to imagine they are loosing to us again. Call me pessimistic, I will be just happy with one win.

Spitfire_x86
June 19, 2005, 01:42 AM
Anything more than this victory will be bonus.

sham1980
June 19, 2005, 05:51 AM
I Think we just got look back at this game and say hey we can win. They have gained one thing in the last 48 hours Respect, demanded the thinking of any captain to toy with BG.

I think we all knew we had the talent in Bashar, Ash, Aftab, Rafique, Mashud, Mashrafe but we were waiting for them to click at one go.

I hope Inshallah we go on to win or play Competitive in the next 4 games.
But If you look at our batting score card there were only 2 good scores so it shows you dont need miracles to win just self belief.

Though I have got to give credit Javed Omar he stood the pressure and saw out the new ball thats the way it should be.

Right_Way
June 19, 2005, 06:49 AM
We got four countries left that we really need to beat ASAP.

1) England
2) The Blackcaps
3) West Indies
4) Sri Lanka.

Still a long way to go. We topped it yesterday though!!!

BanglaCool
June 19, 2005, 07:49 AM
Don't forget we need to do the same in Tests.

Sham
June 19, 2005, 08:21 AM
Yeah, our guys should play with purpose. They fought hard, the opposition played below par and we won! If we keep playing at that level, we could end up winning more if our opponents have some more bad days. The point is, our team shouldnt think that they have done it all now and can just go through the motions for the rest of the matches. And I want to see some aggression from Bashar. Come on guys!!!

Flipper
June 19, 2005, 08:42 AM
If we can win another game, (although a distant possiblily) we have a chance of going to the final given that Australia looses all the matches against England.

But no matter what we have to go out there everytime with the belief that we can win.

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 09:24 AM
Guyz...plz dont have high expectations right now only coz yesterday by Allah's grace only we won...

i still think wht if it was Chacha or some1 else say Pilot instead of Aftab in that place to hit a six..

Thank god it was Aftab who was there to hit the six...coz it wasnt easy to hit six in that ball...ash tired the same but was out....

so...plz..dont have high expectation now only..
just expect bd will loose...

then they will play gud....whn we expect the bad ..the good happns but whn we expect the good bad happens...