PDA

View Full Version : Magic moments of a memorable match

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:28 AM
My favourite 13 moments of the match:

1. Mashrafe trapping Gilchrist LBW

2. Hayden's sigh of relief vs the look of disbelief on Tapash's face when Haydo was caught by Rafique off a No-Ball

3. 50 P'ship between Ash and Bashar (the moment I started having a gut feeling there's something special cooking today)

4. Nervous Boof on top of a crane applauding Ashraful's innings (when he was in his 80s)

5. Ashraful's push to long on bringing up his 100

6. Ashraful kissing the turf

7. Ponting and Gilchrist congratulating Ash on his 100 - a very nice gesture, I must say

8. Ashraful's dismissal - Incredible standing ovation by the Wales crowd, Adam Gilchrist running up to him to pat him on the back

9. Ponting running back and forth to his bowlers and having long chats with them before just about every delivery.

10. Atahar Ali Khan profusely sweating in the commentary box, and Bob Willis constantly fanning to cool him down. Cheers to Darren Lehmann for being such a good sport as well.

11. Aftab's SIX. I'm sure we all vividly remember Pilot's stunning 6 off Tony Suzi at Malaysia in 1997 (ICC Trophy). That day I thought I will never see a 6 this memorable again in my life. Today, I must admit that Aftab's 6 has proudly replaced Mashud's as my most favourite 6 of all time.

12. Aftab and Rafique scampering off a single to seal the deal. Priceless Moment!

13. The looks on Ponting's face as he first hopelessly watches Aftab's hit sail over wide long on for SIX, and the very next ball helplessly witnesses the greatest upset in ODI history cemented by Bangladesh.

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:29 AM
Feel free to post/share yours.

howzatt!
June 19, 2005, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
9. Ponting running back and forth to his bowlers and having long chats with them before just about every delivery.

13. The looks on Ponting's face as he first hopelessly watches Aftab's hit sail over wide long on for SIX, and the very next ball helplessly witnesses the greatest upset in ODI history cemented by Bangladesh.

i loved the looks on pontings face. i'll record his faces and play it over and over and over again. he said whatever he wanted about bangladeshi cricket time and time again. atlast we handed them a humiliating defeat, the biggest upset in ODI cricket history to date. ponting had forgotten that, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".

<b> Ponting, if you ever dare saying anything against bangladeshi cricket ever again, first go watch the video tape of ur face u made when Aftab hit that huge SIX in the last over and the times u advised ur bowlers how to bowl against a team that was not worthy of playing against you. </b>

Duck
June 19, 2005, 07:56 AM
I really wanted to check Ponting's nails..................how much of them were left? For the last 8/10 overs, he might have bite and swallowed all of them. That might be the reason why he was undone again today against England making a golden :duck: ........!!! :P

:duck:_Pion

ekatturerBangalee
June 19, 2005, 08:29 AM
Ponting chewing his nail and consulting with Gillespie. Last over to go. BD needs 7 runs in 6 balls to win. Here comes Gillespie… fastest bowler …determined …totally focussed. knife thru sharpnes …. 110+ average speed ….. he bowls ---- AND A SIX ---- AFTAB SCORED A SIX --- A MAGNIFICENT SHOT --- WE TIED THE MATCH – YAHOOOOO!

I tell ya, it was the best moment of my life watching this shot in Bangladeshlive on the Internet.

BangladeshFan
June 19, 2005, 08:42 AM
1. Aftab hitting six off gilespie, hook over long on. that is aftab for you.

2. the best shot of the match was played by ashraful, inside out cover drive off mcgrath, over the infield. new tendulkar on the rise?

BanglaCool
June 19, 2005, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by howzatt!
Originally posted by Carte Blanche

i loved the looks on pontings face. i'll record his faces and play it over and over and over again. he said whatever he wanted about bangladeshi cricket time and time again. atlast we handed them a humiliating defeat, the biggest upset in ODI cricket history to date. ponting had forgotten that, "the bigger they are, the harder they fall".

<b> Ponting, if you ever dare saying anything against bangladeshi cricket ever again, first go watch the video tape of ur face u made when Aftab hit that huge SIX in the last over and the times u advised ur bowlers how to bowl against a team that was not worthy of playing against you. </b>
Actually I saw it too - There was a smile in pontings face. Ofcourse he had shades, so can't see his eyes. But that was a smile and not a grimace. What is very intriguing is the smile itself. Was it a smile of defeat or was it much more sinister?

Akib
June 19, 2005, 09:28 AM
Also seeing Ashrafuls face after his man of the match speech.. He looked so confused.

Mueid
June 19, 2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by aka
Also seeing Ashrafuls face after his man of the match speech.. He looked so confused.
i loved ash's speech. he did seem to be very confused and when asked about his last odi, he started talking about the tests after asking holding to repeat the question. but anyways, who cares if he's confused on stage, atleast he was nerveless and brave on the field.
Congrats ASH!!!
we admire you.