PDA

View Full Version : Still one Small Mission left in this England Tour

Ahmed_B
June 19, 2005, 11:05 AM
With the victory over Australia... suddenly the nightmare tour to England has rightfully turned into a Dream-tour for the BD team. Australians have already shown that they are not in the best of forms... and they are also devoid of few of their very best players like Lee or Warne. But after all they are at the top and are expected to comfortably dominate a new-rising team like Bangladesh even if half their original team is replaced by newcomers. It could be said that considering their form and injury problem the Aussies are currently playing at 80% of their original strength. But the difference between the Tigers and the Aussies in terms of cricket-heritage and strength is so immense that the Tigers must get a world-full of credits for this win. :up:

But on the midway of the tour, since the Aussies have started to confront the English the real flavor of the season has started to reveal. It may sound like something too early to say... but I do feel that in this summer the English are the real favorites throughout the Natwest and the Ashes... and that is really because of England being at itís peak of form with all the support from the conditions that they can get. The English bowling attack has become almost the best of the world over the last few months and their batsmen have also gained tremendous confidence.

In short, between the two other opponents, the English are really the harder side to stand upto this summer. And I will say that we really have been very wrongly getting upset for being thrashed by them. But yet again... we are not anywhere near as bad a team as we looked to be while playing the English... even though they are in top form at the moment. So I would say we have only one job done in this tour yet another very important one to deliver!!
:cool:
Beating England? Naa... donít worry I wonít become over-hyped now by anything like that!

But yes... it is time to use the new-gained self-belief to find some answers to the challenges that England has been throwing at us by highly dominating our team. We have shown signs of comeback against them in the last Test innings and lets just lunch from there and show some high nerves in the coming 3 games vs. the English teams.

So in the remaining 5 matches of the Natwest... the task is to raise the level of our average performance and do that specially against the Ďmore-in-formí English Team.

Pushing England in one or two games real hard against their victory would be a great achievement and we need to do that before we leave England!!

:flag:Best Regards to the Tigers!!:flag:

BanCricFan
June 19, 2005, 12:10 PM
Right on! And BD really can do it.

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 12:36 PM
Guys, we just should expect that Bangladesh play gud cricket. We should expect high coz whenever we expect high we dont get that...

Inshallah Bangladesh gonna play the next match gud.

We just hope they play good cricket

Dont think of win though we would all like to win.

High expectations lead us to great sorrows only. We saw that in past many a times...

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 12:37 PM
should* - shouldnt

it was a mistake
sorry

prasad
June 19, 2005, 12:41 PM
its tuff to beat england.but after sat who knows.

Ahmed_B
June 19, 2005, 12:47 PM
Its not just tough... it's a massive task! So I am not really talking about any win agains the English team.. rather a very good fightback.

BTW.....Aussies just suffered their 4th defeat of the tour in the ODI vs England!

naz
June 19, 2005, 12:49 PM
hi raza u told correct

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 12:59 PM
yes, i think it is time that we start performing more regularly. If we can put some competition in the remaining games in the Natwest series, then I'll say that this tour (except for the test series) was a <b>complete</b> success. I don't expect the boys to win any more games (that's just too much dreaming), but would like them to give the others a run for their money before giving in eventually.

Spitfire_x86
June 19, 2005, 01:03 PM
I hope they will play all matches for winning from now, instead of playing for "an honorable defeat"

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 01:07 PM
well, the win the other day should be a confidence booster, and they should definitely go for the win. self belief is the key, and if they play like they did yesterday, then i believe another win is possible in this very series.

yaseer
June 19, 2005, 01:11 PM
In our day, we can beat australia.......so why giving up before the match or even in the middle of the match........

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 19, 2005, 01:30 PM
jaihok,
jeno porboter upor theke prithibake dekchi amra. erokom shafollo kintu konodin asheni. ebong eto shomman kintu konodino pai nee amra. asha korbo amra eta dhore rakhte parbo. amader kintu akhon dorkar dharabahikotar. dhannabad.

Sorry
June 19, 2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
I hope they will play all matches for winning from now, instead of playing for "an honorable defeat"
i agree with you though its going to be very hard against england. our batsmen are finding it very hard to play bouncer and they do not fancy the length of harmison and flintoff bowling. thats why we struggle throughout the test series and 1st one dayer. but if bd can win the toss and decide to bowl first, i am sure they will compete. it is well known how the english wickets behave early morning in the summer. that was another reason of bd's bad performance when they were asked to bat first.

Ahmed_B
June 20, 2005, 01:37 PM
OK here we go...

It's pretty obvious that the English are in the best form in this natwest and tomorrow we are playing our first ODI vs. them.

The job at hand now is to play a much improved game with them than what we played in the tests....

Win or no win... the Tigers should push the English real hard in tomorrows match!!

Best of luck to everyone!! :up:

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
....if bd can win the toss and decide to bowl first, i am sure they will compete. it is well known how the english wickets behave early morning in the summer.
Just want to point out that if BD wins the toss tomorrow, they should bat first as the match is day-night.