PDA

View Full Version : England's win today

bigwill
June 19, 2005, 01:25 PM
Well our win didn't look anywhere near as comfortable as yours, until Mr Pietersen (yes, I know he's not reallly English) started to work his magic.

Somebody posted last night that you wouldn't reach the final because you'd never beaten WEngland. Well ...
1. You haven't played us very often.
2. 26 hours ago you'd never beaten Australia!

We played OK today, but we didn't look world beaters (apart from our Springbok ringer!) Who knows what will happen at Trent Bridge on Tuesday?

FaltuRidwanBhai
June 19, 2005, 01:27 PM
doesnt matter what will happen on tuesday. i think we have got more than we expected.

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
Amazing knock my Pietersen. I don't care about all this fuss about Pietersen being South African. If he can legally play for England, he is English enough to me. Australia almost had this in the bag though, until you-know-who polished it off. It's funny Australia stumbled again defending a 250 total. This match was almost a replica of yesterday's showdown with Pietersen's heroics, Australia's early struggle, Ponting's cheap dismissal. He had his nails for dinner yesterday, wonder what's he got left today.

Rubu
June 19, 2005, 01:50 PM
Man, I'm really interested to see now what that guy has to say who said this natwest series was the biggest miss match of all. :)

somehow if we can manage another win out of the next 4 matches and say get a wash out (not highly unlikely) we just mind ended up playing in a tournament's final for the first time.

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:02 PM
Well, you can't really blame them for calling it a mismatch. It was, and still is a mismatch. Just because we beat Australia doesn't mean our over-all standard of cricket is up to par with them. There's a distinct possibility that we will go back to our old ways in the next few matches. Upsets do happen, and mismatches aren't necessarily a bad thing.

I think it's fair to say this win will shut up those calling for our relegation or those who've been advocating the 2-tier system (at least momentarily). But the fact remains, we do need to take part in these tough competetions for more experience. Now that we know how it feels to beat the world champs, it will do us a power of good when we face Mid-ranked teams such as NZ, Pak, WI. Bob Willis asked the right question at around the 41 over mark yesterday: "But do they know HOW TO win it?". We've had the taste of that "HOW TO". It should, and hopefully will work as a confidence booster in future. The difference between England's win and ours was, their playes have been in those situations before and know exactly what it takes to squeeze it out. Fortunately our players can claim the same, at least for once. Let's hope it's the start of many.

Shish Ahmed
June 19, 2005, 02:05 PM
Kevin Pietersen is absolutely awesome!!

BanglarBir
June 19, 2005, 02:11 PM
Coming back to BDs fortune in the next two games against England - I think there is a real possibility of another upset. If BD team can do it. All they have to do is believe in themselves that they can do it.
SO COME ON LETS NOT LOOSE THIS MOMENTUM. WE CAN DO IT AND WE SHALL DO IT. Thursday's match is history. A new dawn has began in BD cricket.:flag:

Fortuner
June 19, 2005, 02:13 PM
I am damn sure and i can put my money on it that England gonna win against Bangladesh. Ofcourse, I want my beloved country to win against England but being practicle we cant expect Bangladesh to beat England. We should only expect that Bangladesh play a good cricket with Ash scoring good again so as to be remain consistent in his perfomance and it would also help him to get his confidence back more.

England's bowling attack is at present far better than Aus bcoz not only Harmisson can give that dangerous yokers often but Flintoff too can do that and Daren Gough too is in form and the new Lad Lewis swings the ball well. Australia, on other hand have only 2 guys and that too they aint in much form.

In batting England are far ahead of Aus. Pieterson, & Flintoff are just enough to score hell lots of runs. Other being Trescothikh who is already smashing us. Vaghun's good too. Wht else do the English ppl need?

Australian batting line, their captain itself not in form. Thier big drawback is that they gonna be without Symonds i blv. And maan, they are just without a Flintoff or Pietorson kind fellow's. Gilly can do miracles but u really much cant rely on him as he aint as confident as Pieterson or Flintoff in smashing as he dint do well much in the 2 matches.

Hatebreed
June 19, 2005, 02:31 PM
I'm glad England won today, now I wish if ONLY BD can perform another miracle by beating England next tuesday or the match after, or perhaps Aussies again? HMM? LOL!

Honestly, I think England is becoming invincible. Their performance is blatently better than the world champs so BD has no chance of winning, but to perform their best and put up a respectable fight.

Meanwhile I want the Aussies to keep losing in their next matches against England. And BD?... We'll see
;)

bdbazar_com
June 19, 2005, 02:53 PM
I think all Eng bowler bowl well against BD, I think
their line and lenth trouble BD. Its not that Eng bowler is better then Mcgra or Gilli but Bd player play well against aussie type of bowling, we have seen this on australia. I think it will take some time to get use to with this.. Bd player must start playing on country cricket

ReckmyBack
June 19, 2005, 03:58 PM
The way Aussies are going they might not win any matches in this series . Aussie Commentators even lost the interests they said : If Australia loose all these odi matches still we will be the world champion .

Anyway was a great comeback for Engalnd as i wasn't happy obviously i backed Aussies . One thing is very good now , so , Aussies will be trying hard to save the test matches now.

ReckmyBack
June 19, 2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Hatebreed
I'm glad England won today, now I wish if ONLY BD can perform another miracle by beating England next tuesday or the match after, or perhaps Aussies again? HMM? LOL!

Honestly, I think England is becoming invincible. Their performance is blatently better than the world champs so BD has no chance of winning, but to perform their best and put up a respectable fight.

Meanwhile I want the Aussies to keep losing in their next matches against England. And BD?... We'll see
;)

Think pisitively we watched the live match from Sydney . The way Australia going now , they are so confiedent on them and their bowling attack is way crap to beat any team at this stage . Ofcourse it's big pressure to play back to back match in the weekend when Aussies were favourites and at one stage Aussies were well ahead run a ball equations . Thanks to Pietrsen for his great innings this guy got amazing strike rate and avg in odi .

We didn't see anything of Aussie team has improved except their fielding ..... If they loose few more matches we won't be surprised at all may be time is over now .