PDA

View Full Version : Nazmul VS Rana

cracky
June 19, 2005, 02:00 PM
Yesterday's Rafiq's bowling figures and today's Hogg's performance shows we should use two spinners. So, I think we should use Rana. In addition to bowling we will get our batting more strong as well.

Locutus
June 19, 2005, 02:08 PM
Too much difference.
Nazmul:
Medium Pacer
Gave up lot of runs in this series so far.
Not much with bat at all.

Rana:
Spinner
Has not played in this series or the tests.
Did pretty good in practice matches.
Pretty good allrounder.

The question is, having two spinners in a match in this series against team like Enlgand; Is that a good idea?

Carte Blanche
June 19, 2005, 02:12 PM
I don't quite get your signature, Logen

Locutus
June 19, 2005, 02:33 PM
Read this then you will undersatnd
http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1999-2000/ENG_IN_RSA/SCORECARDS/ENG_RSA_T2_09-13DEC1999_BBB-COMMS.html

Probably the funniest commentry I have ever followed!

TheWatcher
June 19, 2005, 02:44 PM
My personal feeling is Nazmul should be given one more game to prove his worth. But, if pitch is spinning one, obviously Rana should replace him.

Sorry
June 19, 2005, 04:58 PM
after the australia game whatmore was saying about one change in the next game. i guess it would be manjurul replacing nafees iqbal or najmul .
but changes will not make any difference unless bd batsmen continue to show their good form and the bowlers bowl with good line and length. i was impressed with bd bowlers against aussie because they used their brain. they tried to pitch the ball with fuller delivery. one thing they should do is not to give any short delivery. that was the difference with our bowling against england and australia.