PDA

View Full Version : Tennis: The Wimbledon Championship

Locutus
June 19, 2005, 03:35 PM
The Wimbledon Championship begins Monday.
Check out players like Federer and Sharapova.

cricman
June 20, 2005, 09:08 AM
I think roger is going down this year! He'll make the semis but if you can take a set from him he gets really tired. The only reason he beat roddick last year was because it rained in the middle of the match.

Locutus
June 20, 2005, 09:13 AM
That can't be the reason why Roddick lost. I saw the game. Federer clearly outplayed Roddick.

cricman
June 20, 2005, 09:24 AM
roddick had him a set down and in the second there were no breaks! Roger than after the rain just turned it up a knoch like sampras used to do!

Still i think if he loses a set e's gonna go down.

he played safin and nadal and those matches were 3-4 hrs each he got really tired. If hewitt can grind with him a little bit he'll a great chance.

If i asked you if sampras came back just for Wimbledon how do you think he'll fare?

Locutus
June 25, 2005, 09:33 AM
R Nadal out in the first match! wow.

naheyan
June 27, 2005, 01:09 PM
the only good thing abt tennis is players like Sharapova...:lol:

Locutus
June 28, 2005, 07:01 AM
She is hot!

cricman
July 3, 2005, 06:00 PM
Federer and Venus won.

BTW: I jsut love it when Roddick loses he says the funniest lines!

reverse_swing
July 3, 2005, 06:09 PM
Awesome Federer today won while playing nowhere near his best against a man ranked number four in the world who possesses the fastest serve on the planet.

jabbar
July 3, 2005, 07:32 PM
He is just tyoo godd *sigh*.

I was so frustrated when he played Hewitt n the semis. Hewitt started to play well in the final set when he was mixing it up a bit (like serve-volleying, and going for the lines more), but it was too late...

I think the only two guys who can beat Federer are Safin and Hewitt - Roddick poses no threat at all, I'm afraid.

Locutus
July 4, 2005, 08:48 AM
Federer totally dominated this trounament! And only became the third man in history to win 'The Wimbledon Championship' three times in-a-row.

oracle
July 4, 2005, 08:57 AM
Awesome Federer! Comparisons with B Borg are not out of line either. Considering the quality of oppoonents he has faced, it seems that he is on way to pass Borg's 41 wins on grass in a row. Expected a more close final though. The Johanson- Roddick match was good though.

James90
July 5, 2005, 03:44 AM
The two best matches is the tournament were the womens final and Niemenen v Henman and I was disappointed with the lack of mens matches going the distance. The thing with Federer is that he's still young. If he can go on to play as long as Andre Agassi then we could see the greatest tennis player of all time.

jabbar
July 5, 2005, 07:44 PM
Wath out for Hewitt. He just came back from injury, so didn't get a lot of match practice before Wimbledon and still managed to reach the semis. If he was seeded 2, then he may well have beaten Roddick and lost to Federer in the final.

I predict Hewitt will find some form before US open and defeat Federer in the final or semi-final...

Arnab
July 6, 2005, 05:11 AM
Hewitt probably will never beat Federer ever again (assuming Federer stays healthy). Federer has won against Hewitt the last 8 times. All in straight sets. That's 15 consecutive sets Hewitt has lost to Federer. He lost four of those sets at 6-0, a royal spanking, an ignominy that even Roddick hasn't experienced.

Hewitt, along with Roddick, is officially Federer's biatch.