PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh likely to play Natwest Series Final 2005 : Bangladesher Khela

ReckmyBack
June 19, 2005, 04:10 PM
Don't know who writes it but whoever it's he is thinking realistic . After the performance of Aussies it never looked they can regroup again in this tour . It's not impossible but if we don't let the opponents to get the bonus points and win a match against any of these side then we have a big chance .......
Hopefully we meet England in the final .
Link (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=14075&iCategoryID=1)

abu_akif
June 19, 2005, 04:46 PM
I think we are now putting our hopes very high. Of course, I will be happy if we can do that. But lets not put the expectations too high and then get disheratened..

I am sure, tigers will play good games like yesterdays one time and again, but be realistic, we still cannot be sure of playing such a good game in every outings..

Ejaj
June 19, 2005, 05:31 PM
hahha.. very funny indeed.

Right_Way
June 19, 2005, 05:36 PM
We are used to disappoinment. A lot actually. So, no worries. How many times we got to see top order batsman go down cheaply. Or cannot get the opponent out.

Now, lets get used to winning. We need to learn that. Its the after effect.

Every match I think that we can win. Realistically, whatever everyone says I always think this is going to our day. It does not happen often, however, it happened yesterday.

I too hope that Bangladesh wins the Natwest trophy not only reaching the finals.. Yea! call me a dreamer, still I like to think it that way. It aint over untill its over.

Originally posted by abu_akif
I think we are now putting our hopes very high. Of course, I will be happy if we can do that. But lets not put the expectations too high and then get disheratened..

I am sure, tigers will play good games like yesterdays one time and again, but be realistic, we still cannot be sure of playing such a good game in every outings..

Right_Way
June 19, 2005, 05:42 PM
It is possible. If its possible it is also doable. If we could win that game where I got pissed when Bashar and Ash was blocking and I was thinking what are this guys thinking, not gonna win or what. Well I guess they were totally under control and probably one of the occassions everyone else was wrong except them.And I would like to say by Murphy's law "If anything can go wrong, it will", if we go to the finals everyone else would be saying that.

Originally posted by ReckmyBack
Don't know who writes it but whoever it's he is thinking realistic . After the performance of Aussies it never looked they can regroup again in this tour . It's not impossible but if we don't let the opponents to get the bonus points and win a match against any of these side then we have a big chance .......
Hopefully we meet England in the final .
Link (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=14075&iCategoryID=1)

Tehsin
June 19, 2005, 05:58 PM
On the whole point of - what are this guys thinking - it's pretty much what I always wanted our boys to do. Play with some decipline and clearly, when this guys play to their true potential, we get results.

As far as going to the finals, we are playing the two best ODI sides in the world. I think we still need to mature a little bit, be more consistent.

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 06:22 PM
i think articles (or whatever you wanna call them) like these on the net should remain in Bangla, and not be available in any other language. Not only is the guy drunk, he's also not well-informed, or didn't take enough math courses in kindergarten. How does he think two wins will get us to the finals in a 6 match round robin league?

Edited on, June 19, 2005, 11:23 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
i think articles (or whatever you wanna call them) like these on the net should remain in Bangla, and not be available in any other language. Not only is the guy drunk, he's also not well-informed, or didn't take enough math courses in kindergarten. How does he think two wins will get us to the finals in a 6 match round robin league?

Exactly!! However, never give up believing though!!

Right_Way
June 19, 2005, 06:28 PM
I could not read the article. It does not load in my browser, plugin is missing. Anyways! That was a funny comment you made about the author.

Up_From_The_Underground
June 19, 2005, 07:35 PM
"Bangladesh likely to play Natwest Series Final 2005 : Bangladesher Khela" Perfect Headline

All I know if we continue to give 98-100% on the field and blessing from Allah, we will be there sooner than anyone thought.

howzatt!
June 19, 2005, 11:03 PM
i hope teams had to face each other only once. that way we would already be in the final. but unfortunately we have 4 more games to play.

Mahir
June 19, 2005, 11:18 PM
well said ATMR. Thats exactly how my response to such "reading thingy" would look like.

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!
i hope teams had to face each other only once. that way we would already be in the final. but unfortunately we have 4 more games to play.

LOL. Actually, it gives us the opportunity to gain valuable experience from playing England and Australia several times, to rectify problems identified in earlier games within the series etc.

My expectations are simple, play positive cricket and go to field with an aim to win irrespective of the opponent and part of that strategy are to ensure three things 1) Don't loose any wicket in the first 15 overs 2) Have a reasonable run rate within the first 15 overs 60-70 3) Committed to playing all 50 overs when batting second if applicable (
chasing 60 or 70 runs to win should not take all 50 overs ;)
)

Thanks

Azim

wiseshah
June 20, 2005, 12:51 AM
if bd win one match, they will sleep for next few months, so we should stop thinking abt winning anymore match in this series and ashraful will not perform anymore in this series.his quota is over.

RBTiger
June 20, 2005, 12:54 AM

Technically, it's possible. If we win one more against the aussies and lose one, and aussies lose all three to england, we are in the finals!

In reality, I doubt it. I love my country, and I would love to see them in the final too, but at the moment i think it is expecting too much from a young inexperienced team, and that also in English conditions.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 5:56 AM GMT, by RBTiger.

islam
June 20, 2005, 01:17 AM
You are getting to exicted to early, we have won a game by 5 wickets and lost one by 10 (not happened many times in international cricket). If we want to rech the nat west final we need to beat england once and eaither eng/aus once and hope england manage to down australia in the remainder 2 games, its not very likely to happen since england don't play as 'wofty' as australia did, England play each game for pride and for their country-I don't see us beat them this serise, but who knows, maybe pieterson will go on a drinking binge like symonds.

DJ Sahastra
June 20, 2005, 01:25 AM
The writer is very correct. Here is how BD will make it to the finals even if they don't win ANY match from now.

Scenario 1:
1. BD loses all the games to England.
2. BDs matches against Australia are No-Results (weather, armageddon, Elvis Presley coming alive etc.)
3. Aussies lose all their matches to England.

Scenario 2:
1. BD loses one game to Australia and One is a No-Result.
2. BD loses one game to England and One is a No-Result.
3. Aussies lose all their matches to England.

alam7770
June 20, 2005, 01:32 AM
I hope TIGERS beat England....atleast once. And my least expectation would be to see TIGERS give England the scare of their lives :D

bop
June 20, 2005, 12:44 PM
Well we have to see how bd play against Eng tomorrow. Even they loose the game but keep the consistency the way they played against Aussie, save the wicket till last and bowl the way they did against Aussie then sooner or later of this tournament they will pull out another victory.

One statistics is promising which Rabeed wrote in Cricinfo that Bangladesh won 5 out of 9 last IOD match. That is a promising statistics.