PDA

View Full Version : Matin vs Ashraful

Mahmood
June 19, 2005, 04:28 PM
In the past, I have seen posts by users that Ashraful's nick name is Matin. Today, I read that, his father's name is Mohammad Abdul Matin.

It is very unlikely a father will take his last name and make that the nick name for his son.

So my guess is, his nick name is not Matin.

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 04:42 PM
Well his name should be Mohamemd Ashraful bin Matin. Right!! Sicne Matin is his father's name and bin implies son/of

:)

Sham
June 19, 2005, 04:47 PM
Matin is not his nickname, its his surname. Father's surname is Matin, hence son's surname is Matin. Thats what it should be!

abu_akif
June 19, 2005, 04:55 PM
His original full name is Mohammad Ashraful Matin, as far as I know..

al Furqaan
June 19, 2005, 06:26 PM
yea matin is his last name.

or it could be ashraful bin matin

Tehsin
June 19, 2005, 07:10 PM
80% sure about this: Mohammad Ashraful Matin

source: years of following articles/match reports on this kid. Only problem, all those sources contradict each other and are hardly reliable. Still, I will stand by my post.

Rubu
June 19, 2005, 07:51 PM
every time i saw the name matin in a squad i thought people meant M.A matin the manager as fun or sarcastic way :duh:

James90
June 19, 2005, 10:08 PM
Yep definately. In the u-19 World Cup before anyone knew of him he was listed as "Ashraful Matin"

Flip Master Mick
June 20, 2005, 12:56 AM
i believe his name is mohammad ashraf-ul-matin...

what he chooses to be called is his business...

nonetheless, bd players have issues with names and also crack info along with the media have a tendency to misspell our names... e.g. nafis has been corrected to nafees... he has been wearing the correct spelling on his shirt for a while but only recently the media has caught up with it...

someone should really fix rana's name... shouldn't it read manzur-ul-islam rana as opposed to manjaral (what is that?) islam rana?

mashud should be masud or masood?

i am just a lilttle anal about names people... sorry...

Rabz
June 20, 2005, 04:43 AM
FLM..u hv every right to be anal bout our names...

till now..the whole world seems to ignore us to a extend that even the players name were spelled wrong...

wont happen any more...

we'll bring the whole world down under our feet...

and what better way to do it than starting from the top.....
???

mahbubH
June 20, 2005, 04:52 AM
>> mashud should be masud or masood?

It says he is from Rajshahi!!