PDA

View Full Version : What are we gonna do when we start winnning regulary?

cricman
June 19, 2005, 08:06 PM
In 3-4 years time, winning will become more frequent for us. So will the excess celebrations come to an end? Also i think BC will never be the same cause i think the success of this website came due to the love of our cricket and the heartbreaks that weve been through.

However i'm not saying that were gonna be world beaters and were gonna have bigger obstacles to climb like trying to win tests in India and Australia and hopefully competitive rivalries will emerge.

Sami
June 19, 2005, 08:09 PM
Do you think any indian/pakistani message boards died away becuase they have found the winning way? Its about us fans... we cry together, we laugh together (more often cry than laugh) and we will keep doing it even when Bangladesh will reign as the supreme cricketing power in the world.:flag:

sadhat
June 19, 2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah. I think so. We wont celebrate as much as we do now. Look at India. Lots of ppl do not watch the game, but they used to. Paki guys watch only big games but too busy with gals. Passion for cricket will be there, but ppl will follow only big games - like Bangladesh Vs. Australia.

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by sadhat
Paki guys watch only big games but too busy with <b>gals</b>.

ahem. u mean guys, right? :)

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 1:29 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: "bolded"

Mahmood
June 19, 2005, 08:54 PM
You all missed the big picture. Other country fans did not have the opportunity we BD fans have. We are a test nation that started from the bottom and we will together enjoy it ride to the top. Other nation fans had no way to do such fan sites, we do. Internet was not there or was not popular like now.

This makes BanglaCricket so strong and unique. This is why you will not find a fan site as stong and huge as ours.

Also of course, we got real lucky getting the right team together. I really can not think of a better team than the current BC team. The man who made this happen, deserves a big hand. ;)

Anyways, as BD continues to do better, this site will continue to grow, thats my forecast.

Hatebreed
June 19, 2005, 09:00 PM
As long as I can manage I will always try to watch all of our games no matter how poor or great we are doing. I think BC is a great place to interact and share thoughts and opinions about BD cricket and me being one of many people living abroad who are losing touch with cricket will always remain a big part of this site to maintain our passion for the game.

It will surely take time for our team to get to that level and we have to prepare ourselves that way :fanflag:

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Rajputro
The man who made this happen, deserves a big hand. ;)

got the message. let's all give the BC 'prince' a big hand. he wants it. :P

not that he doesn't deserve it though :lol:

CTazim
June 19, 2005, 09:32 PM
What are we going to do? The same thing we do now

EXULT!!!!

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 2:35 AM GMT, by CTazim.

Faisal
June 19, 2005, 09:47 PM
What are we gonna do when we start winnning regulary?

then i wont watch if bd play against kenya or zim.. hehehe
i willw atch only big games.. and iimportant games.. caz i know bd going to ebat zim & kenya.. so whats the point.. heheh

insideedge
June 19, 2005, 10:05 PM
I do not know what the BD cricket team will do as they win more regularly, but I guess some of the fans here will do what they now accuse others of doing- that is to pass patronising comments on the level of other teams:P

howzatt!
June 19, 2005, 10:07 PM
one thing is for sure, the next generation of bangladeshi cricket fans won't have nearly half the fun we have now. they won't know how BD went from the bottom to the top. we've suffered pain, agony, insult from foreign media and players, heave defeats that others can't even think of. we've seen it all. our victory over australia wouldn't have been this entertaining, had we not suffered all those heavy defeats. i think i'll miss these glorious days of rooting for our motherland, who's captain go to toss almost every game knowing he's gonna lose the game. we fans knowing we're gonna lose, miss work, miss classes, stay up all night just to see our beloved players play. its amazing. and yes, i've never wanted glorious days to be over sooner. i hope these wonderful days end real real soon.

ReckmyBack
June 19, 2005, 10:36 PM
We have to get the bonus points in the next match somehow and in the weekend beat the aussies again . Can we ?

Mahir
June 19, 2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Originally posted by Rajputro
The man who made this happen, deserves a big hand. ;)

got the message. let's all give the BC 'prince' a big hand. he wants it. :P

not that he doesn't deserve it though :lol:

whose hand the prince wants ? an aussie hand is physically bigger than other hands i think! Cut one, and serve it to the prince! :P

AsifTheManRahman
June 19, 2005, 11:17 PM
i'm pretty sure he wants a pommie hand for the time being ;)

thebest
June 19, 2005, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!
one thing is for sure, the next generation of bangladeshi cricket fans won't have nearly half the fun we have now. they won't know how BD went from the bottom to the top. we've suffered pain, agony, insult from foreign media and players, heave defeats that others can't even think of. we've seen it all. our victory over australia wouldn't have been this entertaining, had we not suffered all those heavy defeats. i think i'll miss these glorious days of rooting for our motherland, who's captain go to toss almost every game knowing he's gonna lose the game. we fans knowing we're gonna lose, miss work, miss classes, stay up all night just to see our beloved players play. its amazing. and yes, i've never wanted glorious days to be over sooner. i hope these wonderful days end real real soon.
Man you hijacked my thought.

rafiq
June 19, 2005, 11:54 PM
When Bangladesh starts wining regularly, I will be watching our games on my cell phone. I'll be able to download highlights or subscribe to Dish or DirectTV or BangladeshLive (which will by then be a pay service) directly from my mobile device. All of our matches will be broadcast live by then, I'll get to see them whenever and whereever I am if I want, and life will be good.

rafiq
June 19, 2005, 11:57 PM
Newer fans on BC already don't have half the fun we used to have - staying up all night watching only text updates on Crickinfo and chatting incessant drivel on the Chat room in BC. What happened to the Chat room - is it a relic of the past?

reverse_swing
June 20, 2005, 12:10 AM
I remember during Namibia tour Chinaman used to call someone to get the latest result. Those good old days are gone.

PoorFan
June 20, 2005, 12:24 AM
What are we gonna do when we start winning regularly?

I am sure every member of this forum will be whining why we are not winning every match ( of course including me ).

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2005, 12:26 AM
yeah. that was when i came into the picture. BC was so small then. look how much it's grown over the last couple of years.

ps: at that time i used to think chinaman was a hip, short guy wearing cool sunglasses and baggy pants with chains hanging from his neck. now i know better :)

I remember during Namibia tour Chinaman used to call someone to get the latest result. Those good old days are gone.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 5:26 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
What are we gonna do when we start winning regularly?

I am sure every member of this forum will be whining why we are not winning every match ( of course including me ).

i see that coming this tuesday.

RazabQ
June 20, 2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
ps: at that time i used to think chinaman was a hip, short guy wearing cool sunglasses and baggy pants with chains hanging from his neck.

I thought he was a bald, overweight Noaikhaila like me ... :)

Tasin
June 20, 2005, 03:13 AM
Leave 'Bangladesh Cricket' forum and flock in in the 'Forget Cricket' forum !

:D:D:D

RazabQ
June 20, 2005, 03:19 AM
touche ...

ZunaidH
June 20, 2005, 10:49 AM
The day that happens, I'll be making overseas trips to catch Bangladesh play and pick up sports journalism as a living.

AsifTheManRahman
June 20, 2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by razabq

so...have you been made to know better now? :)

Sami
June 20, 2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by razabq

so which part is like you.... overwight, bald or noakhaila or all three...

CM will remain the man behind the curtains... We will only speculate about his looks till oneday he finally decides to make his public appearance and dazzling us with his looks...

And Rajputro actually hinted a big hand for amader one and only Tehsin bhai... ;) He is the founder of BC as you should all know by now... Shame on you people!!! ;)