PDA

View Full Version : Giles is Back

Rob
June 20, 2005, 05:25 AM
He replaced Gareth Batty in the squad.

This is great news for England as Giles does such a lot for the balance of the England side.

He may not take a lot of wickets, but his economy in one day cricket is very good, and this is what makes him such a good one day bowler for England.

His batting is also useful, he regularly makes 30's and 40's batting at number 8 these days.

He also offers us a proper fifth bowler instead of the likes of Collingwood and Vaughan bowling which is also good.

Englands team for match against you will be :

1) Trescothick
2) Strauss
3) Vaughan
4) Collingwood
5) Flintoff
6) KP
7) G Jones
8) Giles
9) Lewis
10) Gough
11) Harmison

I fully expect that to be the team. The only problem I have with it is that KP should swap places with Collingwood.

Locutus
June 20, 2005, 05:47 AM
yea and I want him to bowl against Bangaldesh. I will tell you later what happens.

ManInBlack
June 20, 2005, 06:53 AM
Logen, plz give us some hint. I cant take the suspense anymore. I hope Tushar, Ashraful and Aftab will hit Giles all over the ground. Is it close to what you think will happen?

James90
June 20, 2005, 07:12 AM
Rob, can you give a hint as to why Solanki was batting at 8 and yet they relied on Collingwood/Vaughan as the fifth bowler. Surely the logical thing to do was to play Batty or Kabir Ali

nasifkhan
June 20, 2005, 08:17 AM
let him come.....we will kill him.....

cricman
June 20, 2005, 09:02 AM
Ashraful will hit him all over the park. I think he's found the right formula for batting singles of the fast bowlers with occasional 4's and then just take the spinners to coverdrive.

Sorry
June 20, 2005, 09:27 AM
good for bd. 50+ more runs guaranteed.

ZunaidH
June 20, 2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by banglar_dorbesh
good for bd. 50+ more runs guaranteed.

Agreed. I say Giles is better for us than that Collingwood guy.

Billy
June 20, 2005, 10:15 AM
Hello RB, nice to see you on another board.

Anyway, less of the cheek you lot, if Giles is good enough to take 21 wickets in three matches against the Windies then I can't see the Bangladeshi batsman hitting too many sixes off him.

Never say never though.

Zobair
June 20, 2005, 10:19 AM
I think we may be underestimating Giles. He is a much improved bowlers, and he was taking bucket loads of wicets before his injury...by contrast rafique has not quite come to terms with the exact same conditions. I certainly hope our boys get a good look at Giles and don't throw their wickets away.

Huda
June 20, 2005, 11:31 AM
rafiq hasnt played much cricket in england before hence why he stuggled but ashley giles has been poor in the subcontinent to other quality spinner, and rafiq is better spinner than him but what giles does for england cannot be done by any other player he is an average player which england needs as the pinch player with the ball and bat

Rubu
June 20, 2005, 11:42 AM
Well, i'd rather face a spinner than a english pacer in england. on a overall basis, our players are better facing spinners than pacers. so, giles is not a bad news for us. another pacer can do more damage. but it is the opposite for england, they are more prone to spinners than pacers. and thats why we should go with 2 spinners in tomorrow's match. it is going to be a sunny day, and if the pitch assist spinners the way it did to rafique on 2nd match, we will be much better off having a 2nd spinner than a pacer.

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 12:12 PM
Rob, can you please tell us about Trent Bridge pitch? Are there going to be much turns for spinners?