PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh Declare 13 member squade for tomorrows match


yaseer
June 20, 2005, 10:49 AM
The additional member is SHAHRIAR NAFEES.
other 12 members from the last match remains the same.

Source: Channel i news

cricman
June 20, 2005, 10:53 AM
so nafees Iqbal is still in?

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 4:03 PM GMT, by cricman.

yaseer
June 20, 2005, 11:06 AM
ya...nafees is still in the squade of 13......
one change is probable...........Shahriar nafees for nafees iqbal............otherwise BD will go with winning combination

Cricket46
June 20, 2005, 11:48 AM
I don't know what you all think, but I think Shahriar Nafis should be given a chance tomorrow.

bd_cricket
June 20, 2005, 11:52 AM
Who was the 12th man in last game? Sujon?

al Furqaan
June 20, 2005, 11:56 AM
yeah abir should play...i have a feeling that he, like ash and aftab is pure class.

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by bd_cricket
Who was the 12th man in last game? Sujon?
It was not him for sure. Most probably it was either Rajin or Rana.

ZunaidH
June 20, 2005, 12:16 PM
Lot of people seem to be complaining about Nafees Iqbal lately for poor form. I still say the kid has talent and the only time he falters is when he gets away from what is called focus. Before getting out in the last match he attempted the cross bat a couple of times. To me that indicates lack of focus. Bottomline: I think he deserves to be in the team.

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 12:21 PM
I disagree with you gho_jamai, if Iqbal has lost his focus, he deserved to be out of the team until he gets it back. Otherwise, his talent is as useless on the field as I am with this keyboard.

Edited on, June 20, 2005, 5:23 PM GMT, by TheWatcher.

yaseer
June 20, 2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Originally posted by bd_cricket
Who was the 12th man in last game? Sujon?
It was not him for sure. Most probably it was either Rajin or Rana.

From the 15 man squade..........Sujon and Rajin is left out........

yaseer
June 20, 2005, 12:34 PM
According to me..........Nafees Iqbal must be given another chance at least............he showed a gutsy performance in the 1st match......and in the short stay against Australia....he also did not look that bad......

He is totally accustomed with the condition now and may play a good innings tomorrow..........who knows?

BangladeshFan
June 20, 2005, 12:51 PM
how many ducks shariar nafis scored in this england tour?
if iqbal is not in form how much form the shariar nafis is in?

atleastt iqbal has a century against england. can shahriar(or rajin) claim the same?

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 12:55 PM
I think Iqbal will be fine if he is brought back in the batting order. Whatmore should swap him with Aftab and see how that works.

Anyway, DW better be done with all the experiments he wants do in this match.

DotBall
June 20, 2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by ghor_jamai
Lot of people seem to be complaining about Nafees Iqbal lately for poor form. I still say the kid has talent and the only time he falters is when he gets away from what is called focus. Before getting out in the last match he attempted the cross bat a couple of times. To me that indicates lack of focus. Bottomline: I think he deserves to be in the team.

I would agree with you if you can explain why is that he got out caught behind or caught at sleep in all the games in this tour?

He will play good on home pitch (an similar ones) but he lacks the skills and mostly the ability to learn from the mistakes.

Akib
June 20, 2005, 01:06 PM
I think Iqbal should be out and Nafees in... Iqbal has been playing poor recently.

akabir77
June 20, 2005, 01:13 PM
12th man in the last game s. Nafees. I saw him brining the water during the match. I don't care who plays, but who ever gets the chance should make it count... we need english blood.....(i know it will taste rubish but still they had enough of us...):karate:

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by DotBall

why is that he got out caught behind or caught at sleep in all the games in this tour?
It may be because, as ghor_jamai suggested, lack of concentration, or may be it is a technical fault. My technical knowledge is very limited and I have not seen enough of Iqbal, but Sham once said the problem may happen because of open stance of our batsmen. Hopefully, DW is working on Iqbal.

solaimanuk
June 20, 2005, 01:31 PM
I hv seen the match in the ground on Thursday V England, I think Nafeez will do well next time V England cuz he was really cool in the pitch on that day....So finger X...and Good luck to Bangla Tigers:flag:

NoboBarta
June 20, 2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ghor_jamai
Lot of people seem to be complaining about Nafees Iqbal lately for poor form. I still say the kid has talent and the only time he falters is when he gets away from what is called focus.

Actually, Iqbal was the only player who did not perform last Saturday. He was lucky to not to get caught behind off the first ball he faced. And the ball he got out from was exactly the same. Out side off stump, good line and length. He tried to push it, nervously. And the result was obvious.

He should be replaced.

cricketboy
June 20, 2005, 01:50 PM
I think we should give a chance to S. Nafees. Afterall it is not the end of road for Iqbal. :duh:

One World
June 20, 2005, 01:54 PM
As far as I know Shahriar will replace Nafis (Source: NTV)

Rubu
June 20, 2005, 01:57 PM
In my view, Shahriar is no match for iqbal in this tour. talking about poor form, abir had the worse. but nafis is actually doing a good job that most of us failed to see. remember the Asia cup? the ICCCT? the 4/5 scorecard? it did not happen anymore. why? because nafis and JO are spending those first few overs cautiously. they, does not matter how many runs scored, rarely got out before playing 5 over. and if they break before five over, there will be the same collapse we saw before facing new ball. if one wicket falls before 5 overs, there will 2/3 more. as no one else is actually able to face the new ball. in this scenario, there is no reason to change nafis. if a change is to make, do it for taposh/nazmul and bring in rana. the rest of the 10 are not to replace at this moment.

cracky
June 20, 2005, 02:26 PM
While I agree with you, AgentSmith. I don't see any harm trying out shahriar in one match.

Originally posted by AgentSmith
In my view, Shahriar is no match for iqbal in this tour. talking about poor form, abir had the worse. but nafis is actually doing a good job that most of us failed to see. remember the Asia cup? the ICCCT? the 4/5 scorecard? it did not happen anymore. why? because nafis and JO are spending those first few overs cautiously. they, does not matter how many runs scored, rarely got out before playing 5 over. and if they break before five over, there will be the same collapse we saw before facing new ball. if one wicket falls before 5 overs, there will 2/3 more. as no one else is actually able to face the new ball. in this scenario, there is no reason to change nafis. if a change is to make, do it for taposh/nazmul and bring in rana. the rest of the 10 are not to replace at this moment.

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 02:30 PM
According to Janakantha (dailyjanakantha.com/kn.pdf), Abir has very little chance to play the next match.

Mahir
June 20, 2005, 02:36 PM
totally agree with agentsmith.

For all of you who want to try out Shahriar Nafees, rest assured that you will see him in action right in this Series. But as of now, Nafees Iqbal and Javed Omar have no business in being taken apart from their partnership, atleast for the next game.

Bat-PadTogether
June 20, 2005, 02:49 PM
I think we should play the winning team!Nafees Iqbal has all the talent in the world to be a compact cricketer.Iam sure he will click soon with a bang.

mahbubH
June 20, 2005, 02:59 PM
I will go with the same team. Nafees Iqbal is not doing well but after tomorrow's match there will be another three. So one last chance for Nafees.

TheWatcher
June 20, 2005, 06:46 PM
Amardesh (http://www.amardesh.net/news.asp?PSecID=11&SSecID=11&SID=S8) is saying the ankle injury is still nagging Taposh.

reyme
June 20, 2005, 06:52 PM
Andrew Miller predicts team remains same...in cricinfo.

AussieBloke
June 20, 2005, 11:46 PM
The ball to which Nafis got out in the vs Aus match, if he can leave those balls out outiside off stamp he should be ok. In my opinion, nafis looked a bit tentative in the match. As many have suggested it may be lack of concentration or he is just a bit unsure. But the balls he defended, he struck them with authority. I would expect team management to stick with nafis until after Eng match.

By the way, Tushar looked really good the few balls he faced. Solid and compact, hitting every ball in the middle of his bat. Its just that he got a bit hotheaded, trying too many shots in the same over. he had already scored a four and few runs. There was no need for him to go for another risky shot. If he keeps his cool, we may see some fireworks from Tushar in this match.