PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't it yesterday that BD team was supposed to be announced?

fwullah
March 21, 2003, 12:57 AM
What we have heard so far is that the following players will be ommitted from the world cup squad:

1) Al Shahriar
2) Hannan Sarkar
3) Habibul Bashar (may be)

Mashrafee Murtoza is already out of the world cup squad due to injury.

And Akram Khan has replaced Mashrafee Murtoza.

The following players will be returning to the national team:

1) Mehrab Hossain
2) Naimur Rahman
3) Javed Omar (? - may be)
4) Enamul Haque to replace Mohammad Rafique
5) Aminul Islam for the test matches

And a wicket keeper batsman Selim will be the new player.

And Akram will replace Pilot as the captain.

But so far, these are all rumours and there was only one report about all these rumors.

What I would like to see is whether Mohammad Ashraful will remain in the opening position and Tushar Imran will remain at number three like in the game against Kenya. Also, will Akram be promoted in the batting order at either four or five and let Alok Kapali stay at his position at number six.

The selectors have hinted that there will be a 20-man squad announced.

I don't like someone like Hannan Sarkar to be dropped, though he is not the most liked player, but he did score highest 25 against Canada. Also, Fahim Muntasir was not in the consideration of this rumours of who would get into the squad and who would not. At home, a young off spinner like Fahim Muntasir should get some opportunities against big teams like India and South Africa. Although there are too many off spinners already in the side with Naimur Rahman (who gets the advantage for his batting than Fahim Muntasir) and Sanwar Hossain.

Ehsan
March 22, 2003, 01:48 PM
I dunno match but if you get to know about any selection pls post here

fwullah
March 22, 2003, 09:40 PM
I think the selectors are busy watching the World Cup Finals and the Iraq war on BBC and CNN. So instead of announcing the team at least 3 or 4 days ago, everything is stand still upto now.

Ehsan
March 23, 2003, 12:55 AM
Yeah I think you are rite. This war thing is driving people crazy man even our cricket....